News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Football Fanats 2012

Started by CTG, January 20, 2012, 11:21:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FIFA Golden Ball 2012 - Who will win?

Casillas
0 (0%)
Iniesta
2 (25%)
Messi
4 (50%)
Primadonna Girl (cr7)
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on April 17, 2012, 11:46:52 PM
Is Videoton the same as FC Fehervar? And what happened to MTK Budapest?

Yes, Videoton is FC Fehervar (was also known Parmalat FC). I hope they will svck, and I also hope that Györ will svck. Debrecen should be the Champion.

MTK Budapest was relegated last year to 2nd Division West (that was really same, they had good and talented young players, but the leaders of the team sold them to get more and more money, and the team got weakened). They are leading the table there at the moment.

Usrin's local team Szolnoki MÁV is the leader of 2nd Division East. Kazincbarcika is fighting there to avoid relegation to 3rd division Mátra (Northern Central) Group.
Chürműű! :-)

1000.08 km

CTG

Bayern - Real 2-1
Chelsea - Barcelona 1-0

Hmmm... I thought UEFA wants to see el clásico in the final. Now I'm not so sure about that.

BonzaiJoe

It's still most likely. These results are good for the TV viewcounts.
But we can't be quite sure.

Chelsea is unbelievably fortunate throughout the whole series... I really hope that they will travel home from Barcelona with tears in their eyes after a 0-5 demolishment.

1000.08 km

alanrotoi

I hope Athletic Bilbao wins the champ. Because the coach Bielsa.

Chulk

Quote from: alanrotoi on April 19, 2012, 10:36:32 PM
I hope Athletic Bilbao wins the champ. Because the coach Bielsa.
Athletic Bilbao is playing Europa League (former UEFA Cup) not Champions League
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Europe League seems to be more interesting than CL - at least for me. Atletico Madrid was always one of my favorites and I think Bilbao deserves the respect for keeping the old traditions (only basque players).

BonzaiJoe

It will be interesting with an Athletic vs Athletic final, because they are historically the same club. Atletico Madrid is just the Madrid franchise of the Bilbao club.

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on April 20, 2012, 06:08:30 PM
It will be interesting with an Athletic vs Athletic final, because they are historically the same club. Atletico Madrid is just the Madrid franchise of the Bilbao club.

I would be glad to see this final. I like Iberian teams in general (except RMA), so any finals will be relatively good for me compared to Newcastle United vs VfB Stuttgart (similar level teams, maybe it will really happen once).

CTG

Round 25
Debrecen - Kaposvár 3-0
Györi ETO - Diósgyör 2-0
Zalaegerszeg - Videoton 0-2

Hungarian championship, 5 rounds left:

1 Debrecen 59 pts (still unbeaten in this season)
2 Györi ETO 57 pts
3 Videoton 51 pts

That is something crazy, Debrecen and Juventus are still unbeaten as we are heading for the very end of the season. That mitigates the pain which was caused by the svck of my other favourite teams (like Kazincbarcika, Pittsburgh) and sportsmen this season.

BÖFF!!!

1000.08 km

CTG

Chelsea - Bayern München: who cares about it?

Atletico Madrid - Athletic Bilbao: that's a match for me!

BonzaiJoe

But who are you supporting? I also kind of like both teams, but I think I'll go for the Madrid franchise because the basques are too nationalistic.

As for Chelsea vs Bayern München, I definitely hope Bayern will win that one! Chelsea sucks, and frankly I think Bayern plays great football and they have a great "club spirit", like a real club that isn't only there because some oil billionaire decided he wanted some advertisement.

Chulk

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on April 28, 2012, 10:08:48 AM
As for Chelsea vs Bayern München, I definitely hope Bayern will win that one! Chelsea sucks, and frankly I think Bayern plays great football and they have a great "club spirit", like a real club that isn't only there because some oil billionaire decided he wanted some advertisement.
I agree.
About the Bilbao vs. Madrid franchise, I want Bilbao to win. Main reason is that I just love Bielsa and how his teams always play offensively, even if winning by a large margin. Other minor reason is, given the fact that one club was born as a "piece" of the other, I want the original to win.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG