News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Cars and bonuses for 2014

Started by CTG, September 27, 2013, 11:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which custom cars would you like to see in ZakStunts 2014?

Ferrari F40
5 (35.7%)
Lotus Esprit Turbo SE
4 (28.6%)
LWT ZR1-GT3 Mark II
3 (21.4%)
McLaren Honda MP4/4
3 (21.4%)
Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R
3 (21.4%)
Melange XGT-88
9 (64.3%)
Porsche 911 Turbo 964 3.3
1 (7.1%)
Speedgate XSD
5 (35.7%)
Superkart
0 (0%)
Toyota Corolla AE92 GTi
1 (7.1%)
Toyota Sprinter Trueno
0 (0%)
Xylocaine XF
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on November 04, 2013, 05:27:22 AM
No PTB for ZakStunts as it would require excess coding. But I am open to reduce/drop LTB. Should we have a clean season for 2014 without any bonuses?

I'm okay with no LTB.

CTG

Btw what's the deadline for introducing a new car applicant for 2014?

zaqrack

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on November 08, 2013, 10:26:22 AM
let's say dec22!

I hope the Abarth will be published before that. I'm going to apply with Subaru Impreza or Bugatti Veyron.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

What about using only the original cars in 2014 and playing without the time correction percentages, with a given car on the tracks?
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on November 08, 2013, 10:39:51 AM
What about using only the original cars in 2014 and playing without the time correction percentages, with a given car on the tracks?

1, If you want to lose Melange...
2, No time correction and fixed cars? It sounds like USC.

Although I used to be against car bonus system, I started to like it lately (it's more fun without Superkart and Ford Ranger). Too bad we cannot have only fast additional cars (Melange, F40, McLaren, Speedgate, GT3).

CTG

On the other hand, check the car choices for each tracks:

ZCT 138 - Corvette (1-4), Audi (5-14, 16-17), LM002 (15)
ZCT 139 - Audi (1-14)
ZCT 140 - LM002 (1-12), Countach (13)
ZCT 141 - McLaren (1-9, 11, 14), Countach (10, 12), Lotus (13)
ZCT 142 - Lotus (1-12)
ZCT 143 - F40 (1, 3-5, 7, 9-10), Countach (2, 6, 8 )
ZCT 144 - GTO (1-3, 7-9, 12), GT3 (4, 6), Jaguar (5, 10), Indy (11)
ZCT 145 - GT3 (1-8, 13-14), Jaguar (9-12)
ZCT 146 - Carrera (1-4, 7, 10), Jaguar (5-6, 8-9, 11)
ZCT 147 - Melange (1-9), Lancia (10)

Mixed podium is rare, the car seems to be almost always "fixed" for top pipsqueaks.

Quote from: CTG on November 08, 2013, 10:48:13 AM

Although I used to be against car bonus system, I started to like it lately (it's more fun without Superkart and Ford Ranger). Too bad we cannot have only fast additional cars (Melange, F40, McLaren, Speedgate, GT3).

1./ Melange can remain, since it is a traditionally used racing car. But if Melange is the price for using only the original cars, let it be.
2./ No, it sounds like any normal Stunts competition, USC should only be an example.
3./ The problem is that when a convenient (IMSA, Indy) car is available, somebody always steals its bonus improvement with sending one or two replays even if the given car is not exactly the right choice. That reduces the number of IMSA and Indy races - for example I can't remember having them this year after 10 completed races.

629.09 km

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on November 08, 2013, 11:38:11 AM

1./ Melange can remain, since it is a traditionally used racing car. But if Melange is the price for using only the original cars, let it be.
2./ No, it sounds like any normal Stunts competition, USC should only be an example.
3./ The problem is that when a convenient (IMSA, Indy) car is available, somebody always steals its bonus improvement with sending one or two replays even if the given car is not exactly the right choice. That reduces the number of IMSA and Indy races - for example I can't remember having them this year after 10 completed races.

1, Melange is essential. Yes, because it's my eternal favorite car.

2, But we have only 2 active competitions - and probably we won't have more (feel free to re-start AkossStunts, although the participation rate won't be high - even ZSC is suffering from the lack of pipsqueaks).

3, Melange = pseudo-IMSA (actually it's an IMSA with reduced wheel-base); ZCT 148 = Jaguar (90%); ZCT 149 = Indy?, you can create a track for that. However, the bonus blocking activity is really annoying - it should be limited to TOP 6 or 8 instead of 12.

3.a In earlier years, there were 4 IMSA/Indy/Melange races per year. This year, according to your theory, it's only 2.9... and I think it is an optimistic estimation. Countach, Lancia and Acura also have a chance for being the ZCT 149 car.

3.b Bonus modification: only the top 3 should affect the bonuses, I think.

3.c Well, to make a compromise, I think then that the month-by-month recovery of unused car bonuses should be (much) slower for fake/cheat (non-original) cars.

629.09 km

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on November 08, 2013, 11:54:42 AM
3.c Well, to make a compromise, I think then that the month-by-month recovery of unused car bonuses should be (much) slower for fake/cheat (non-original) cars.

What's the problem with custom cars? (Btw I don't like the name "cheat car" - as for me it belongs to Skoda Felicia, Lada Niva and Knight Rider.)

Some of them have better design than the original pack models. Handling? They fit into the game - maybe except McLaren (and formerly Ranger, Superkart).

zaqrack

Quote from: CTG on November 08, 2013, 11:47:17 AM
Quote from: Akoss Poo on November 08, 2013, 11:38:11 AM

1, Melange is essential. Yes, because it's my eternal favorite car.

2, But we have only 2 active competitions - and probably we won't have more (feel free to re-start AkossStunts, although the participation rate won't be high - even ZSC is suffering from the lack of pipsqueaks).

3, Melange = pseudo-IMSA (actually it's an IMSA with reduced wheel-base); ZCT 148 = Jaguar (90%); ZCT 149 = Indy?, you can create a track for that. However, the bonus blocking activity is really annoying - it should be limited to TOP 6 or 8 instead of 12.

top 6 is actually a good idea now that we seem to constantly have less pipsqueaks. Lets go for this.
on the other hand, I enjoy having custom cars and would much rather have more than less - but the bonus system is not stable enough to accomodate more.

zaqrack

btw, I would like to include 3 existing custom cars based on your votes - so far it seems Speedgate, Melange, F40/Lotus - you seem to prefer fast cars :), and two new creations if they are good enough.

zaqrack

A proposition to favor fast cars (without addiitonal analysis done yet): what if we would add as a rule, that the car coefficient bonus cannot drop below zero?

alanrotoi

We can do it a year. We will have more indy + fast cars more often.