News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Alcoholism

Started by CTG, January 09, 2014, 03:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

I'm a true alcoholist.

Others?

BJ: tell me about your alcoholic habits, please.
Poo: could you summarize your alcohol intake for 2013?
Diesel Joe or any other alcohol drinker: tell something, anything, whatever...

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ^_^

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Well, I think the weekly average ranged around 300-330 ccm (with big fluctuations), which is above the healthy limit (210 cm) and around the Hungarian average (16.27 liters/52, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_alcohol_consumption).

I think the distribution was around ~55% wine, ~35% beer, ~8% hard alcohol (mostly pálinka), ~2% other (e.g. vermouth, liqueur).

Hardest month: January, most alcohol-free month: February or April.
Chürműű! :-)

1000.08 km

zaqrack

BonzaiJoe

I don't think about alcohol in amounts. For me, the only thing that matters is my psychological attitude towards it. Generally I drink whenever I feel like it. I'm not afraid of drinking on weeknights or drinking alone, but I often go for weeks without drinking anything. The two things I would never do would be:
1. Drinking to calm myself down. 2. Drinking because I feel a physical need for alcohol.  I also strive never to drink alone to forget something or because I'm sad about something, but I have done this a couple of times and it hasn't killed me.

My best alcohol experiences are at parties with many others, or when I drink rashly, because I'm bored (not sad), when it works as a "skid you" to the world and I use it to get inspired and do something unusual.
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

I'm drunk. My wife is at a friend at the moment (a friend with huge boobs, hahaha) and my intake is a bottle of wine and 4 shots of home made pálinka (a lot stronger than commercial hard drinks... WSM participants, remember Poo's pálinka from 2004).

Vomiting 5 times since that... my head is more or less ready for normal functioning, but my stomach... ouch...

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on January 09, 2014, 04:40:35 PM
I don't think about alcohol in amounts. For me, the only thing that matters is my psychological attitude towards it. Generally I drink whenever I feel like it. I'm not afraid of drinking on weeknights or drinking alone, but I often go for weeks without drinking anything. The two things I would never do would be:
1. Drinking to calm myself down. 2. Drinking because I feel a physical need for alcohol.  I also strive never to drink alone to forget something or because I'm sad about something, but I have done this a couple of times and it hasn't killed me.

My best alcohol experiences are at parties with many others, or when I drink rashly, because I'm bored (not sad), when it works as a "skid you" to the world and I use it to get inspired and do something unusual.

It seems I'm an alcoholist, just like my father. The only difference is that he was completely healthy at the age of 30.... and even 60... Me? I'm not.

BonzaiJoe

You're only an alcoholic if you're physically addicted to alcohol, meaning that you feel a physical craving for alcohol on a daily basis and you give in to this craving. That is a really crappy situation which should be changed.

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on January 09, 2014, 07:11:17 PM
You're only an alcoholic if you're physically addicted to alcohol, meaning that you feel a physical craving for alcohol on a daily basis and you give in to this craving. That is a really crappy situation which should be changed.

What if I get drunk every time when I have the possibility (no control by others)?

BonzaiJoe

That's probably a really bad idea, but unless it happens almost every day, I don't think it amounts to alcoholism.

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on January 09, 2014, 07:33:22 PM
That's probably a really bad idea, but unless it happens almost every day, I don't think it amounts to alcoholism.

Every day when I'm alone.

BonzaiJoe

That's not going to help you. I agree with Chulk. Go get some real life friends and hang out with them instead of drinking. Be vulnerable and awkward and happy.