News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Ferrari 408

Started by Ryoma, February 14, 2021, 09:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryoma

It was the first Ferrari with AWD system. Only 2 prototypes (red and yellow). The Yellow was designed to test the self supporting frame.

Cas

Hey!  You're doing very well with producing new cars!   I would like to feature one of your cars in R4K in this season at some point. Which one do you feel you have worked on in most detail or that is readiest for a tournament?  We still have a couple of pending races already planned, so there's still some time, but if you want to prepare one of your cars, the one you feel is best optimised in as many aspects as possible, we can include it. In general, among the faster cars, it's better for R4K also, because being OWOOT means that tracks take longer to complete for the same number of tiles, but it doesn't have to be a bullet either :)
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Ryoma

All my cars need improvement (look the gauge of the Mythos and 408) because I learn new thing each day.

Why not making a poll and we work on that car particulary ?

Daniel3D

Yeah. Really cool how many cars you have made in such a short time. I'm still working on my starting line truck. I want a open cabin for the showroom model, but I have had some issues with.

I also find the performance editing of the Res file tricky. I use carblaster (I think it is still the best for that purpose) but there is a lot to take into consideration when you edit that.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Cas

You can use CarWorks for editing RES files only, if you like, without having to load shapes or anything. The convenience is that you can edit parameters as what they are instead of byte by byte. It will fail if the RES file is sorted differently, but so will Car Blaster. The resources have to be in the same order as for the original cars. Otherwise, they need to be re-sorted with Stressed first.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Ryoma

I made a spreadsheet excel. I enter the torque, weight, dimensions, max RPM, torque RPM, HP RPM, the speed I want on each Gear... And it calculates. With an hex editor, i put the values. And After with carworks, I finish the torque curve.

Daniel3D

Quote from: Ryoma on February 15, 2021, 08:55:53 PM
I made a spreadsheet excel. I enter the torque, weight, dimensions, max RPM, torque RPM, HP RPM, the speed I want on each Gear... And it calculates. With an hex editor, i put the values. And After with carworks, I finish the torque curve.
That's smart...
I hope to compare them to each other soon.  8)
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)