News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

How to separate the text and game physics in GAME.PRE file?

Started by GTAManRCR, March 05, 2021, 12:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cas

That's right. You should only get corruption if you are directly overwriting the PRE file
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

GTAManRCR

Quote from: Duplode on March 05, 2021, 11:45:44 PM
Quote from: GTAMan18 on March 05, 2021, 07:21:09 PM
If you ask, I worked with Stressed all the time

Just to be sure: are you getting those text-related errors after editing GAME.PRE with Stressed and saving it as GAME.RES? If so, that's pretty strange, and should be investigated further. Stressed is supposed to take care of the lengths declared in the resource file header so that changes like those you are doing don't lead to memory being overwritten in wrong places.

Stressed can't open GAME.PRE, even after converted to GAME.RES, so I used a hex editor, which made the corruption
Hejj bicska, bicska, bicska csantavéri kisbicska!

GTAManRCR

In GAME.RES the problem is, that Stressed can't open cinf and crak, which are very important segments. I think, that cinf stores the behavior of the obstacles, and the crak contains the cracked state.

And if I select ignore this resource, it'll screw up the physics, but at least, the car is drivable

Proof: https://youtu.be/XLuRz4Gu2sU

Duplode

Quote from: GTAMan18 on March 06, 2021, 10:31:51 AM
In GAME.RES the problem is, that Stressed can't open cinf and crak, which are very important files. I think, that cinf stores the behavior of the obstacles, and the crak contains the cracked state.

Okay, I think this solves the mystery. Stressed built from the most recent sources (which I and, IIRC, Cas use) can handle cinf and crak, but the 0.2.1 release (including the Windows binary linked to from Southern Cross) can't. Tomorrow I'll try to prepare an updated Windows executable, which in any case is long overdue.   

GTAManRCR

GTAManRCR

Quote from: Duplode on March 06, 2021, 02:33:49 PM
Stressed built from the most recent sources

If you're planning to update its resource code, then make sure to add these to
stressed/resources/conf/defaults.conf

pbox = tuning
ter0 = tuning
ter1 = tuning
ter2 = tuning
ter3 = tuning
ter4 = tuning

Because the terrains, and the pbox (The list you can select track elements from during editing with the in-game editor) are actually tuning values

I'm not sure about mnam, snam, and tnam, but I imported them as text, and after saving, the saved TEDIT.RES worked, however I needed to duplicate the terrain segments in order to make them work correctly, but ter4 is replaced with ter1 by me in the Hungarian translation, because the ter4 segment was duplicated however, but remain corrupted