News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Test Drive II)

Started by alanrotoi, October 29, 2021, 01:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryoma

It's not easy : Ins2 shall be the smaller as possible, with this rule sometime you will avoid insX and inmX. If not insX and inmX (X =1 or 3) are the results of the collision of whlX and ins2 in the window of ins2.

I think I resume properly the use of inmX and insX.

Another thing  : on your dashboard there are some artéfacts cause by the conversion of the palets. Particulary on the top and air vent.

alanrotoi

The car is finished! Attached here and in the 1st post. Also the wiki article is updated. If you find any error/bug please let me know. This is the first police car for this game! Chase those infractor cars and win the duel!

Cas

I've been trying the car. It really looks great and it's very comfortable to drive!
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

alanrotoi

Daniel3D

That was really cool. Nice setup.
I love hou the car starts wiggling to keep the police behind.

Was the red car all ai? Or did you switch cars for some shots?
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Ryoma

Very cool video.

One question why the graphics on the video on youtube is better than mine. Look the camparaison : I have these artefact on the air vent and dash board that did not exist on the video on youtube.

Can someone explain it ???

Daniel3D

Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Ryoma

Some rust color on the air vent and some grey pixels on the top of the dashboard instead of marroon.

KyLiE

Excellent work on the car and I love the video as well! :) As for the difference between the game running locally and the video on YouTube, I can't see any.  Obviously the game looks sharper when running locally, but that is to be expected.

alanrotoi

Quote from: Daniel3D on January 24, 2022, 09:17:58 AM
That was really cool. Nice setup.
I love hou the car starts wiggling to keep the police behind.

Was the red car all ai? Or did you switch cars for some shots?
Thanks! The Ferrari GTO was Skid Vicious all the time. It was unexpected when he didn't let me pass when I got closer in the bridge corners and it reinforced the story 😊.

@ Ryoma, maybe is just a rendering effect. The original images size has 320x200 pixels and they were resized to 1280x720.

alanrotoi

BTW do somebody knows what's the song of the video? ::)

Ryoma

Cover of TD 2 music ?

Another thing : your car looks like a brick but it's very aerodynamic ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

alanrotoi

Quote from: Ryoma on January 27, 2022, 06:08:45 AM
Cover of TD 2 music ?
Yeah!  ;D

Yes! I'm building these tuned American cars trying to make them susceptible to bugs like magic carpet or others. That's why I also tested with car dimentions and weight.

Seems American cars from 60's to late 80's are mostly bricks so fortunately they're easier to build a 3D model. Fortunately for me because it is the first time drawing 3D models since 1999. I enjoy doing it but it costs me a lot of time.

Ryoma

Quote from: alanrotoi on January 27, 2022, 12:05:05 PM
Seems American cars from 60's to late 80's are mostly bricks so fortunately they're easier to build a 3D model. Fortunately for me because it is the first time drawing 3D models since 1999. I enjoy doing it but it costs me a lot of time.

I know, I know....about 8 hours for a shape, the same for a dashboard...

Cas

Great video! :)  The Interceptor doing what it's best at. The music does sound really cool in this video. I wasn't familiar with TD2 music. I've always only had TD3.

The blur and colour change surely has to do with the codec compression. What is the original video resolution? If you scale up the game window without any kind of interpolation, then the effects of lossy compression should be milder.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.