News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Maserati Boomerang

Started by Ryoma, March 26, 2022, 05:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryoma

Quote from: Ryoma on March 20, 2022, 09:09:33 PM
Quote from: Ryoma on March 18, 2022, 08:46:54 PM
Too easy...4 polygones and finish lol

Not so easy...
252 vertices
204 primitives

The Stan's 286 will die lol

The dashboard is strange : the tacho is graduated with the speed according to the gear.

It's very difficult to read but I wanted to keep it as is.

Cas

The model looks great. Indeed, the instruments are very unusual, but I think you've done well in trying to preserve the original
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

KyLiE

Yes, you've done an excellent job on the 3D model.  Regarding the instruments, are the lines on the speedometer uneven to make room for the numbers?  It's difficult to represent this in such a low resolution, but it may be possible to improve it by reducing the tachometer area, allowing more room for the speedometer.  What do you think?

Ryoma

Yes it was my first idea. Put the RPM number at horizontal to gain some area (like 5 and 6). But after, I wanted to try inclined number like real.

Another idea is to put a digit speedo on the black area on the right.

For the moment, I have a lot of work so I don't know when I will come back to this car.

alanrotoi

From the basis of this 3d shape it is possible to build a lot of cars, like bmw m1.  :)

Daniel3D

Quote from: Ryoma on March 27, 2022, 08:44:53 AM
Yes it was my first idea. Put the RPM number at horizontal to gain some area (like 5 and 6). But after, I wanted to try inclined number like real.

Another idea is to put a digit speedo on the black area on the right.

For the moment, I have a lot of work so I don't know when I will come back to this car.
I think that you could make a more conventional speedometer on the inside and leave the tachometer as it is. That keeps the style similar to original.
Maybe  a light speedometer with black needle to give a nice contrast.

The alternative instrument panel is not a improvement.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Ryoma

With the second dashboard, we will see an half of the tacho...
Quote from: alanrotoi on March 27, 2022, 12:36:40 PM
From the basis of this 3d shape it is possible to build a lot of cars, like bmw m1.  :)
I always thought that the design of the M1 is the design of the De Tomaso Pantera. For the Boomerang, it is rather like the Countach or the Vector