News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Muscle Cars pack

Started by alanrotoi, November 01, 2022, 04:15:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

Ok this is a pack of classic cars that must exist but nobody built. So I'll take the job :) It's a great challenge but it would be cool these cars as a pack because it opens up a wide range of possibilities for competitions and live races.
There are many iconic muscle cars (and also many variants and versions of each car) but I chose an specific time frame. I started with the 3d models. They still need some fixes but I'll spoil how's going.
The cars are (from left to right in the attached picture)

- 1969 Dodge Charger
- 1969 Chevrolet Camaro
- 1967 Pontiac GTO
- 1970 Plymouth Superbird

I chose 4 different brands taking in mind a brand rivalry too.
The pack must be larger but I will start with "only" these four. Building a pack is a hard work because you have to make many tests in different situations to make them similar but different. Overdrijf showed us the way. Any tip, suggestion and opinion will be welcome!

There are a couple of muscle cars already built Dodge Challenger (CTG + Ryoma) and Ford Mustang GT350 (Ryoma) but they have quiet different performances so they won't count as part of this pack.

What other muscle cars should be in this pack?

DOWNLOAD TIER 1: https://forum.stunts.hu/index.php?topic=4036.msg90342#msg90342

KyLiE

The 3D models look great so far!  I think you've chosen well with the current line-up, but if I had to suggest another car, it would have to be the Holden Monaro. :) The first generation fits within your current time frame.

alanrotoi

Taken from musclecarclub.com :
There are a lot of definitions of what a muscle car is, but generally speaking most agree it's

• American built
  • Usually from the 60's through early 70's
  • Rear-wheel drive
  • Has 2 doors
  • Classified as either a full-size or mid-size car
  • Powered by a large cubic inch, high-horsepower engine
  • Typically has a 4-speed manual transmission

While different from cars classified as performance or super cars that often have a focus of powerful yet excellent handling cars, muscle cars often prioritize high performance engines and spending time at the drag strip and the street.

Daniel3D

Quote from: KyLiE on November 01, 2022, 02:14:18 PMThe 3D models look great so far!  I think you've chosen well with the current line-up, but if I had to suggest another car, it would have to be the Holden Monaro. :) The first generation fits within your current time frame.
O nice, i really like the look of the 1969 version with the 5.7L V8 and 300hp.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

alanrotoi

Quote from: KyLiE on November 01, 2022, 02:14:18 PMThe 3D models look great so far!  I think you've chosen well with the current line-up, but if I had to suggest another car, it would have to be the Holden Monaro. :) The first generation fits within your current time frame.

I'm sorry I wasn't specific about the cars. I think in American Muscle Cars that's why also "Argentinian muscle cars" stays out of the pack. My bad :)

Now I'm curious, is there a list of worldwide muscle cars? I mean from Europe, Eastern Asia, Australia, Eastern Europe, South America?

alanrotoi

Ok I built the 3D model of two more muscle cars and different brands making a pack of 6 cars, one day in the future. The newcomers are: 1965 Buick Riviera (with boat-tail) and 1969 Oldsmobile 442.

The release order would be:

• 1969 Dodge Charger
  • 1970 Plymouth Superbird
  • 1969 Chevrolet Camaro
  • 1967 Pontiac GTO
  • 1965 Buick Riviera
  • 1969 Oldsmobile 442

KyLiE

Nice work!  That's double the cars of existing packs!

Daniel3D

It's a "double pack" Or a "two times special"
-------
But wow , that's a cool set of cars.
I think it will make a good pack for the CCC..

When is it ready?
Edison once said,
---------
---------

alanrotoi

Thanks! I think this year only 1 car will be available. That is my main objective at least. If it is alright (no errors, fine performance) then I can finish the rest.

Argammon

Nice, well done! I like that era.  :)

How is the handling of these cars? Realistically, it should be worse than the Porsche Carrera.

alanrotoi

I don't know yet but they won't be slow as the LM002 and won't be as fast as IMSA cars.

What about besides the normal paintjobs one thematic paintjob? For example Junkyard :D

Daniel3D

Edison once said,
---------
---------

Argammon

Quote from: alanrotoi on November 25, 2022, 03:27:42 AMI don't know yet but they won't be slow as the LM002 and won't be as fast as IMSA cars.

What about besides the normal paintjobs one thematic paintjob? For example Junkyard :D

If we don't consider the power gear bug, faster cars are often better in everything. At least in the base game.

Compared to the Audi and the 911, some of the muscle cars could be better in top speed and perhaps acceleration. But the disadvantage would be that they do not have good grip in corners.  :)

Just an idea!

Striker

Awesome work but to complete the prior successor Test Drive II we would also need the

Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray C2
and
Shelby GT500 Cobra Mustang

form the Test Drive II Muscle Cars Pack.
Then it would be complete. :D

Daniel3D

I believe that the gt500 is a good choice. We already have a gt350 made by Ryoma. But i consider that one in Beta because the performance feels of.
And it is just a bit to old.
Edison once said,
---------
---------