News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Replay handling bar glitch on Tandy graphics

Started by GTAManRCR, March 28, 2023, 05:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTAManRCR

Today I recorded the Tandy OST to make it downloadable from my website, and this is how I encountered this glitch
As you can see, the replay bar doesn't show up properly
Hejj bicska, bicska, bicska csantavéri kisbicska!

Duplode

I tried Tandy on both DOSBox Staging (screenshot attached) and vanilla 0.74, and didn't see this glitch. Perhaps it is something specific to DOSBox ECE, or to your DOSBox configuration? You might want to post your dosbox.conf so that we can check the latter possibility. Also, does the glitch happens from the start, or only after doing something specific in-game?

GTAManRCR

Have you tried with 4-D Sports: Driving? Maybe its fixed in Stunts v1.1/4D Sports Driving

Duplode

I've just done a quick test on Staging + 1990 Mindscape, and it also looks normal here (screenshot attached).

GTAManRCR

Duplode

No, that's DOSBox Staging 0.80.1, the version I'm using most of the time these days. You might want to try it as well to see if the glitch still happens with it (I suggest testing both with the default configuration and with your current dosbox.conf).

GTAManRCR

Then it seems like DOSBox ECE has a faulty emulation of Tandy machines, but however the music are now up in the site and are perfect

Duplode

Quote from: GTAManRCR on April 01, 2023, 07:29:05 PMbut however the [Tandy] music are now up in the site and are perfect

Nice! I love the bright timbre of the Tandy music  :) 

alanrotoi

I found this glitch in a 12 years old video :o I think this video runs BB 1.0 version so it must be at least in both Broderbund versions:

https://youtu.be/qs1OzI32R7U?t=253

GTAManRCR

Quote from: alanrotoi on April 03, 2023, 08:23:37 PMI found this glitch in a 12 years old video :o I think this video runs BB 1.0 version so it must be at least in both Broderbund versions:

https://youtu.be/qs1OzI32R7U?t=253

Yes, it is BB 1.0 as the title screen doesn't have Copyright 1990 - Distinctive Software Inc. and says only "By the makers of Test Drive & The Duel"