News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Live races 2024

Started by dreadnaut, January 08, 2024, 08:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreadnaut

I have a number of events on my calendar, and it's decent weather (it's very rare to have decent wheather up here), so I'm unlikely to participate in these weeks.

But if it turns out I can make the time you decide, I'll be there! ;D

Overdrijf

I'm away this weekend. No racing for me unfortunately.

Cas

Alright... so it sounds like we have better chances if we do it next weekend at 19:00 UTC, although we may still be few
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

alanrotoi

Quote from: Cas on January 27, 2024, 08:01:06 PMAlright... so how about four live race events this year?  Like we've done before, the four of them on a weekend and for each case, we decide on which day and time within the weekend. To split them more or less evenly, I'd suggest something like:

• First event: March
  • Second event: May
  • Third event: August
  • Fourth event: November

Do somebody want to organize August/September live race? Do you want help?

Duplode

Quote from: alanrotoi on August 23, 2024, 07:39:40 PMDo somebody want to organize August/September live race? Do you want help?

Yes, I do  :) I wanted to have posted about this earlier, as I had mentioned once or twice that I could do August, but this month has been somewhat of a mess for me when it comes to scheduling things, so I just kept being sidetracked. But here we are!

Dates

Looking at the Saturdays ahead, the obvious options are:

• August 31 (which is still in August! Though it might be a little too close to now for an event in the "official" schedule.)
  • September 7
  • September 14

Everyone: tell us which of those dates would be okay for you, so we can pick one that's likely to work!

Time

You'll note that the above list only includes Saturdays. That's because I'd like to suggest an Europe evening time slot, and Sunday evening might be a bit of an awkward time to race. We've had several races in a row during South America morning (or early afternoon), and switching start times every now and then looks like a sensible thing to do (otherwise there's a risk of permanently locking out some unlucky timezones).

Starting at UTC 20:00, for instance, would give us:

• Brisbane 06:00
  • Los Angeles 13:00
  • Buenos Aires 17:00
  • London 21:00
  • Amsterdam 22:00

(I think there will be few or no relevant DST changes between now and the end of September. Please let me know if I'm wrong about that!)

Again, please share what makes sense for you, so we can see what's likely to work. No part of the schedule is set in stone!

Cooperation

A second track for an extra race would be most welcome! The same goes for any suggestions about the event.

alanrotoi

I work Saturdays but I can do it. ;)

Erik Barros

Quote from: Duplode on August 24, 2024, 04:25:43 AMAgain, please share what makes sense for you, so we can see what's likely to work. No part of the schedule is set in stone!

I'm in, I have flexibility for any of the suggested dates, but if we race on September 7th I will race for independence (race or die)  ;D

Cas

August 31 is good for me because I'll be doing guard duty at work that weekend, so I'll be home. There is a small chance that some havoc unravels precisely at that time, but odds are I'll be idle and will be able to participate.

The other two Saturdays, I don't know. I usually am not home on Saturday afternoon, but the 14th is my birthday and I may be organising something here, so maybe I will. I'd say the 7th is the least likely one that I'll be able to participate.

Duplode

On August 31: two days before might be too close for comfort to set the date of a "main schedule" race. However, that need not stop us from running an extra race!  :) Here's where things stand right now, so you can plan accordingly:

• For the main schedule race (the one we were talking about earlier), I propose holding will hold it on September 7, 20:00 UTC. Here is its race thread!
  • Meanwhile, we'll have an extra race this Saturday, August 31, 20:00 UTC. Here is the race thread, with the track available for test driving!

alanrotoi

It should be ok for me both days

dreadnaut

Can't say yet, but I hope to be there!

Cas

So far, so good. Guard duty seems very peaceful, so it looks like I will be able to compete without a problem.