News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Generations - (2024-03-17)

Started by alanrotoi, March 11, 2024, 01:00:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cas

Duplode's replay:

1. 0:57.80 (57.80)
2. 1:47.25 (49.45)
3. 2:36.90 (49.65)
4. 3:26.80 (49.90)
5. 4:16.15 (49.35) - Fastest lap!
6. 5:06.10 (49.95)
7. 5:55.95 (49.85)
8. 6:46.05 (50.01)
9. 7:35.90 (49.85)
* 8:00.00 just about to leave the bridge before the long tunnel

107 jumps
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

alanrotoi

Race summary:
Winner: Duplode
Man of the Race: Kylie and Duplode 107 jumps each.
Fastest lap: Overdrijf and Duplode: 0:49.35

1st Duplode (107 jumps) Model: 2003 Melange XGT-88
2nd Alan Rotoi (105 jumps) Model: Melange XGT-88 v1.0
3rd Overdrijf (103 jumps) Model: 2012 Melange XGT-88
4th dreadnaut (100 jumps) Model: Melange XGT-88 v1.0
5th KyLiE (107 jumps) Model: Melange XGT-88 v1.0
6th Erik Barros (101 jumps) Model: 19th Anniversary Melange XGT-88
7th Cas (72 jumps) Model: Melange XGT-88 v1.0

It was the big race for Duplode. He was in every possible prize, shared or not :D
Congratulations guys and thank you for participating! It was a fun race!

PS: I must admit that the correct ending would be the newest version winning the race but I'm glad that the original 2003 version did it :D The version started it all.

Erik Barros

The trophy for @Duplode and @KyLiE

You cannot view this attachment.

alanrotoi

Race summary:

Duplode

What an excellent trophy, thanks @Erik Barros ! :D And yes, I really enjoyed the opportunity of driving the 2003 Melange again! :)

KyLiE

Ha ha!  Thanks @Erik Barros!  Also, thank you @alanrotoi for the race summary.  It was a great race! :)

alanrotoi

The video of the event was published!! Check what a beatiful and tight race we did. Thank you everybody!

https://youtu.be/bZ8Vta8-1S8

Cas

Great video!  Very nice to watch full screen as recommended :D

alanrotoi

Thanks! It was surprising the quantity of magic carpets (even while building the track). That's why I decided to add the "Man of the Race" prize but only reveal it after the race to not make you think about it and let the jumps and magic carpets be free. ;D

Watching the video I already made a map of the spots where the jumps were made. Let me know if you find another magic carpet spot (where and when in the race).

The "Wind Tunnel" was the place where almost every lap had a magic carpet.

alanrotoi

Guys, the Top speed of Melange is 219 mph (I thought it was 218 mph)  :o . Only 3 pipsqueaks reached it in this race and it was in the same place, a jump from the broken bridge to the hill road.

• 4th lap: dreadnaut
  • 7th lap: Alan Rotoi
  • 9th lap: Cas

Overdrijf

Quote from: alanrotoi on April 02, 2024, 11:36:16 PMGuys, the Top speed of Melange is 219 mph (I thought it was 218 mph)  :o . Only 3 pipsqueaks reached it in this race and it was in the same place, a jump from the broken bridge to the hill road.

• 4th lap: dreadnaut
  • 7th lap: Alan Rotoi
  • 9th lap: Cas

I've seen this effect before. What I suspect happens is this: when the car is at say 79*128 rpm it does it does its little calculation, figures the car should be two steps faster faster on the next frame and goes to 81*128 rpm. Here it does another calculation and figures it should not increase the speed to the next frame, so the car stops accelerating and maxes out at whatever speed 81*128*gear ratio gives it. But if you end up in a situation where you happen to land on 80*128 rpm instead of 79 the torque curve and air drag happen to be such that the calculation also comes out to "2 steps faster", bringing it up to 82*128 rpm and a higher speed, at which point the car will stop accelerating.

This is a thing that can happen both at flat track top speed and real top speed, but it's probably more likely to happen with real top speed, as speedups and such give big acceleration, making the car skip rpm levels and sometimes land higher than other times.

It gets a bit more messy when powergear is involved. The turbo Siluro sometimes says it did 245 mph on the evaluation screen, even though what really happened was the meter going up and back down really shortly without it visually looking like the car really got a burst of speed, so it probably just thinks it is in powergear for one frame or so?

alanrotoi

Oooh that's a good explanation! We should place it in a wiki article. Some mechanics of the game are unknown and it would be cool to make them public.

Cas

Very technical and a great analysis. Yes, this is something that should be on the wiki. The richness of the possibilities in Stunts is never ending :D

alanrotoi

BTW there is also a subtle difference in the dashboard of the 19th Anniversary version and the 1.0 version. Check!  8)

Erik Barros

It's a beautiful cockpit design, is the miniature in the center intended to be a small example of the Melange on the dashboard or a digital screen?A diecast miniature of Melange would be amazing!!