News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Mazda 787B

Started by Zapper, June 07, 2024, 11:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapper

Hello you all,

A few years ago I thought I should bring a unique type of car, with a rotary engine, the 1991 Le Mans winning car, the Mazda 787B!

You can now get it ready to race STUNTS, just a week before the upcoming 2024 real event!

You cannot view this attachment.

If anyone find some issue with car behavior, please let me know here.
In the meantime, I'll detail the car on a proper Stunts Wiki page.

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

Enjoy!

Latest version post

Erik Barros

Amazing dashboard!! I'm downloading it to test, IMSA cars are awesome

Erik Barros

Got a 1:07.95 noRH lap on Default and some magic carpets too. Great car, thank you @Zapper

alanrotoi

Oh yes!! Thank you! Downloaded! Let's test it

alanrotoi

What a clever use of the tachometer needle! 8)  8)

Cas

Great!  I love how the car feels  8) Very fun to drive!
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Spoonboy

Yes, this car feels great. Very stable and incredibly fast! As I mentioned in the shoutbox, the dashboard is lovely and I'm finding the double dot on the steering wheel a very useful reference at light speed ;)
I forgot to mention how beautiful the model looks too. So much detail!  8)

Definitely time for a R4K/CCC race themed for this class of cars!

Zapper

Hi, thank you for all your feedback on testing this car!
I'm pleased to know that it is performing without major issues and specially having some enjoyment :)

I've define it's base grip to be slightly better than other IMSA original cars, since it is a lighter car. This car is also a faster IMSA car, but I think that is only because the original IMSA cars in game are slower comparing to real ones:
Jaguar XJR-9 has around 750hp
Porsche 962 has around 680hp

When creating the dashboard I was a little concerned about replicating the bar tachometer because of the game's limitations, but in the end it kind of performs well, specially showing revs in power band (6-9k rpm), the progress movement of the bar meter.

As my previous custom car releases, be free to use them in any competition ;)

Mazda 787B Stunts Wiki car page article is now available.

CTG

:o :o :o

Probably the greatest custom dashboard ever and the usual high quality Zapper 3D model. Wow!

Spoonboy

Love the car, and it has the same stats as another favourite for me, Ryoma's Peugeot Oxia.
0-60 2.8s
Max 216mph

I think I've found my sweet spot! ;)

Cas

Can't say if for next race, because we already have a planned track, but for August, we can definitely go with the Mazda at R4K!  8)
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Spoonboy

Quote from: Cas on June 15, 2024, 02:53:13 AMCan't say if for next race, because we already have a planned track, but for August, we can definitely go with the Mazda at R4K!  8)
@Cas Excellent - can't wait! :D

Zapper

Hello,

I'm here to announce that there is new You cannot view this attachment. of the car.

This version has some corrections on car's wheel coordinate values because it was causing movement of the car when it is supposed to be stand still.

The paint job of the 18# car have the correct yellow band on top of the windscreen.

Also the dashboard now has a visible wing/fender, a correction on the number 9 speed digit and a grey rev bar needle (when using Stunts Needle colour mod) to match lcd panel background color.

Cheers.

Spoonboy

@Zapper thanks for updating!
The fender addition actually really helps the 3D feel inside the cockpit.
Really enjoying getting used to this car, and very much looking forward to racing it in R4K!

Zapper

Quote from: Spoonboy on June 21, 2024, 09:23:29 PM@Zapper thanks for updating!
The fender addition actually really helps the 3D feel inside the cockpit.
Really enjoying getting used to this car, and very much looking forward to racing it in R4K!

You are welcome!
I originally intended to get a visible fender, but I backed off on the first release because of it always being orange. But I honestly missed that, so now the cockpit has a more immersive feel :)