News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Stunts Licenses / Stunts Online Track Builder

Started by mrdries, August 08, 2024, 11:15:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdries

Would there be any interest in creating "Stunts Licenses" like you could do in Gran Turismo?

So the idea would be that you could train yourself on tracks. And each track could have something like a "Bronze medal", a "Silver medal" and a "Gold Medal", depending on the time you'd beat. Also similar to TrackMania.

So the tracks could be targeted to pipsqueaks, to help them improve and for fun. But also to people who like to build tracks and who would like to create their own custom challenges for anyone to try.

A rather simple way would be to just have a web page where you could upload a track for anyone to download. And you'd receive times to beat, on that web page. This could even be done on this forum.

A more integrated way would be to have a website where you'd have an account and you could upload your replay or highscore file to that website and you'd be rewarded a medal accordingly.

Perhaps even more integrated, would be to have a website where you could play Stunts online, save your replay there, or use the highscore, on that website and have the medal awarded to you automatically. That would be like a whole extension on Stunts.

Just throwing this out there.

mrdries

Well... I may just have a better idea.

Would anyone think that it would be a good idea to have an online Stunts track builder?
Or... alternatively... an online platform where people can upload their Stunts Tracks that they made so that other people could play them?

alanrotoi

Quote from: mrdries on August 08, 2024, 11:15:14 AMWould there be any interest in creating "Stunts Licenses" like you could do in Gran Turismo?

So the idea would be that you could train yourself on tracks. And each track could have something like a "Bronze medal", a "Silver medal" and a "Gold Medal", depending on the time you'd beat. Also similar to TrackMania.

So the tracks could be targeted to pipsqueaks, to help them improve and for fun. But also to people who like to build tracks and who would like to create their own custom challenges for anyone to try.

A rather simple way would be to just have a web page where you could upload a track for anyone to download. And you'd receive times to beat, on that web page. This could even be done on this forum.

A more integrated way would be to have a website where you'd have an account and you could upload your replay or highscore file to that website and you'd be rewarded a medal accordingly.

Perhaps even more integrated, would be to have a website where you could play Stunts online, save your replay there, or use the highscore, on that website and have the medal awarded to you automatically. That would be like a whole extension on Stunts.

Just throwing this out there.

A good help for statistics are the zakstunts tracks since 2023 because they were raced with many many cars because of the car scoreboards. I would start with those tracks. Also the permanent tracks like skids and default.

Erik Barros

Quote from: mrdries on August 08, 2024, 11:15:14 AMSo the idea would be that you could train yourself on tracks. And each track could have something like a "Bronze medal", a "Silver medal" and a "Gold Medal", depending on the time you'd beat. Also similar to TrackMania.

Hey @mrdries, I have a similar idea but with a more specific application. I wanted to develop a driving school, each stage would teach some new fundamentals or trick, it would be something similar to the Gran Turismo licenses.

Quote from: mrdries on August 08, 2024, 11:15:14 AMA more integrated way would be to have a website where you'd have an account and you could upload your replay or highscore file to that website and you'd be rewarded a medal accordingly.

I have a technical barrier, I'm not a developer and what I can do is limited. Little by little I am studying to try to develop something cool.

Quote from: mrdries on August 08, 2024, 11:15:14 AMPerhaps even more integrated, would be to have a website where you could play Stunts online

I have online stunts available, @HunterBoy344 also has a really cool trackmania-based application, where you can do a race with online stunts.

mrdries

Quote from: alanrotoi on August 08, 2024, 03:19:50 PMA good help for statistics are the zakstunts tracks since 2023 because they were raced with many many cars because of the car scoreboards. I would start with those tracks. Also the permanent tracks like skids and default.

Yeah, then we'd have like a zakstunts license. And also a Stunts Original license. Or something like that.

mrdries

Quote from: Erik Barros on August 08, 2024, 03:30:59 PMHey @mrdries, I have a similar idea but with a more specific application. I wanted to develop a driving school, each stage would teach some new fundamentals or trick, it would be something similar to the Gran Turismo licenses.

Quote from: Erik Barros on August 08, 2024, 03:30:59 PM
Quote from: mrdries on August 08, 2024, 11:15:14 AMSo the idea would be that you could train yourself on tracks. And each track could have something like a "Bronze medal", a "Silver medal" and a "Gold Medal", depending on the time you'd beat. Also similar to TrackMania.

Hey @mrdries, I have a similar idea but with a more specific application. I wanted to develop a driving school, each stage would teach some new fundamentals or trick, it would be something similar to the Gran Turismo licenses.

Quote from: mrdries on August 08, 2024, 11:15:14 AMA more integrated way would be to have a website where you'd have an account and you could upload your replay or highscore file to that website and you'd be rewarded a medal accordingly.

I have a technical barrier, I'm not a developer and what I can do is limited. Little by little I am studying to try to develop something cool.

Quote from: mrdries on August 08, 2024, 11:15:14 AMPerhaps even more integrated, would be to have a website where you could play Stunts online

I have online stunts available, @HunterBoy344 also has a really cool trackmania-based application, where you can do a race with online stunts.

A driving school for Stunts would be the thing, yeah. Then you'd have to earn the licenses.
I guess this is already in the works.

Yeah, I like that. I think it would be fun to play.

The TrackMania-like application is really nice too.

mrdries

The only thing that might be left is a place where people could make/upload their own tracks for other people to play/beat their time.

Or like a website that combines it all.
A website that would link to the application of Hunterboy344 and to the Stunts driving school.

I might be able to create such a website. It doesn't yet exist, right?
Just a website where people can upload their tracks and download those of others.
That's all I really can do, really. Anything more complicated is beyond my limits. I don't have such skills.

mrdries

Though people can share tracks on this forum. Perhaps everything is fine as it already is.

mrdries

I could invent some tricks though. These could be used to test skills. I'm not sure this one is possible.

You cannot view this attachment.

mrdries

Possible to make challenges like this too. Like an icy road challenge. Focused on one skill, taking icy corners.

So what could be needed, I guess, is an online Stunts application where tracks belonging to the license, could be loaded. And then there had to be some way to determine, like with a highscore file, driven with the right car, whether you'd have earned a medal.

Erik Barros

Quote from: mrdries on August 08, 2024, 04:32:44 PMI might be able to create such a website. It doesn't yet exist, right?
Just a website where people can upload their tracks and download those of others.
That's all I really can do, really. Anything more complicated is beyond my limits. I don't have such skills.

To run Stunts online you can use the js-dos It is possible to manipulate the files through the frontend, but I haven't figured out how it works yet.

mrdries

Yeah, but I was thinking they might do this in the ZAKStunts competition?

I mean, if you send in the highscore file or replay file, do they manually check it?
Or does a program already exist to do this?

I know nothing about these things though.

Erik Barros

Quote from: mrdries on August 09, 2024, 03:08:47 PMI mean, if you send in the highscore file or replay file, do they manually check it?

It is automated, the program reads data from the replay file that is known, it is possible to determine the distance, the car used, time, type of gear. For more information, visit the wiki page

@dreadnaut made some PHP tools available on his github

And @Cas even made available a package to create an online competition called easytour, it's what's behind CCC and NTT competitions

mrdries

Quote from: Erik Barros on August 09, 2024, 04:16:16 PM
Quote from: mrdries on August 09, 2024, 03:08:47 PMI mean, if you send in the highscore file or replay file, do they manually check it?

It is automated, the program reads data from the replay file that is known, it is possible to determine the distance, the car used, time, type of gear. For more information, visit the wiki page

@dreadnaut made some PHP tools available on his github

And @Cas even made available a package to create an online competition called easytour, it's what's behind CCC and NTT competitions

That's pretty awesome. I can be of little help, I'm afraid. The only idea I have, is that there might be a chance to create such a driving school and then publish it on a website where people can play games online. That could be a good way of advertising Stunts.

mrdries

Hmm... I just had this silly idea.

If you had a track and you were driving it and while you're driving, some software, changes the track file to another track file, like overwriting it, then you could have some weird effects.

But yeah... just interesting. Though I'm sure it's pretty impossible to do.