News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

survey: the games you`ve spent the most time on...

Started by ZakKrack, May 05, 2002, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Argammon
-Stunts                        ;  Yes it was fun despite replay handling.
Why don't you try SDR noRH competition (video recording with DOSBox to prove noRH racing).
Check the Stunts portal and join. ;)

CTG

Chulk

Yes, it's Indy now but not always so he could join. Besides this NoRH track doesn't have much PG.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Chulk

NES lovers, check this out! www.virtualnes.com. Some of them doesn't work but it's great!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

Play Monkey Island and other point and click games on your DS with SCUMM VM DS.
Video explanation : http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=G5yZyUVGL1I

Downloading the program right now (0.12 beta 4 for DS, and also 0.11 previous stable release) and I'll test it on the DSTT card of my children (DSTT is similar to R4 showed on the video).

CTG

Quote from: CTG on May 07, 2002, 07:00:00 PM
First of all I have to tell you that I don't have an own PC so I couldn't play very much like,but I spent more time playing then learning- like Zak (Hungarian students are too lazy?   ).

My favorites are:

Transport Tycoon Deluxe (once I played 18 hours without having a rest!)

Mortal Kombat II  (Baraka rulez!)

World Cup 98, FIFA 2000 (Unfortunately I couldn't play enough these games)

Lotus (easiest simulator game)

Age of Empires (THIS IS MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE!)

and of course STUNTS!
<i></i>

Update. I spent a lot of time with these games in the last 10 years:

Racing

1, Stunts - RH, RH, RH... too much time!
2, Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed - as for me, this is the best racing game ever; remember the online battles (Argammon, Zak, Alain, CTG)
3, EA F1 2002 - the only weakness is the stupid AI, it is too easy to overtake them; 1995 mod is also great
4, Network Q Rally - the good old Windows 98 era, great races with Akoss Poo
5, Lotus III (The Ultimate Challenge) - primitve and addictive, you just can't quit :)
6, Need for Speed I - Autumn Valley sucks!
7, Sega Rally Championship - funny one with Lancia Delta Integrale / Toyota Celica and boost handicap; we played a lot with Böbszlee
8, Colin McRae Rally 2 - cracked version, not working properly (only on my old, very slow computer with low graphics)
9, Drag R.acer v3 - primitive online game at addictinggames.com

Football games

1, FIFA 2000 - simply the best! MTK Budapest with Béla Illés won everything... :D And the cheat functions (alien attack, giant players, lightnings) were really funny.
2, FIFA 98 (Road to World Cup) - all national teams with a huge database of players, indoor matches... gameplay is a little bit slow for me, probably it's the fault of emulation
3, FIFA 2009 - good graphics, stupid jokes in commentary, "Barbie style" player edition (but you can't change their weight!), limited number of custom teams, too schematic goals and annoying c.r. in ManUtd. A good game anyway, especially with the Hungarian championship patch.

Fighting games

1, Mortal Kombat II - "Baraka wins! Flawless victory! Fatality!" :D It's damned hard to beat Kintaro and Shao Kahn. Wise man says AICULEDSSUL.
2, Mortal Kombat I - Goro is no opponent for Sonya Blade, but I suggest to use Sub Zero in the final fight.
3, 4D Boxing - AI names are... LOL :D
4, Electric Man 2 - stickdeath type game at addictinggames.com, it's worth to try!

Strategy games

1, Transport Tycoon (Deluxe) / Open TTD - I don't say anything. "Exit to Windows" in every 10 hours. ;D
2, Age of Empires - it was long-long time ago, but I still remember how great it was.
3, Heroes of Might and Magic I - epic battles in the hostel versus two schoolmates (2001/02)

Other games

1, Google Earth Flight Simulator - no comment. It's fun.
2, Who wants to be a millionaire? - we have a good Hungarian PC game version
3, Pinball (Windows version) - another addictive one
4, Szakadt csöves '88 - I guess it says nothing to non-Hungarian pipsqueaks. How could I cathegorize this game? :D :D :D

And not mentioning the other online games (receptura, jatek.hu, etc.)...

zaqrack

Lots of favorites and big timewasters from CTG's list:

Stunts
Transport Tycoon
4D boxing
Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge

also to add:

Pizza Tycoon
Tie Fighter
F1 Grand Prix 2
Doom 1/2
Super Mario Bros 3 (NES)
Street Rod (C64)
Snake (Nokia :)

but in the past 2 years, I don't really play any PC game besides Stunts. If I have more time, I launch an Amiga/C64 emulaltor or an old LucasArts roleplay game

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: CTG on November 04, 2011, 02:57:39 PM
3, Heroes of Might and Magic I - epic battles in the hostel versus two schoolmates (2001/02)

Oh, how envious I am now! I always wanted to try this game.

I had this early on my winchester for a while, but I could not start it (probably a file was missing), so I deleted the game.

I liked Heroes II the most, then Heroes III (good enough), IV was also tried and found not good enough. So the earlier versions proved to be the better ones.

Unfortunately, I can't download Heroes I from anywhere without a fee, and I have a cracked version of Heroes II, so my Dosbox always shouts for a CD in the drive (what to do, there is already a virtual drive set for the game itself)... So only watching some Youtube videos remains for me (the soundtrack of HMM II is different there from my own version of the game, and the new sound blaster cards also sound differently)...

Me and my friends played HMM II and III many times (multiplayer hot seat game, our alliance against computer alliance) in the past.

About Szakadt Csöves: you're a homeless in the streets of Budapest in the '80s. Gypsies are on the street against you and you are also wanted by the police. You have to avoid meeting them or you can also beat them. The task is to collect money to go to have a party somehow and forget all the sh*t you have in your life. You can buy alcohol to increase your energy level impaired during your fights, and there's also glue as a drug to optimalize your reaction time. You can steal or ask for money to get it, but there's a risk of getting beaten in this case. You can rape girls on the street, but this is a dangerous movement, too. There's no graphics, only movement directions and acts to be chosen, this is a 'text game'. You can fulfil the real task if you want, but the real goal of the game I think is to find all the hilarious comments you can get on the screen (said by the gypsies, the peasant, the skinhead, the old b*tch etc.). Eternal classic.  ;D :o 8)
Chürműű! :-)

2832.16 km

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on November 04, 2011, 05:20:07 PM
Quote from: CTG on November 04, 2011, 02:57:39 PM

Oh, how envious I am now! I always wanted to try this game.

I think HMM I vs II is something like MK I vs MK II, TT vs TTD or Stunts 1.0 vs 1.1. The first one is a great basic concept, followed by a better version. And somehow the third one is usually worse...

BonzaiJoe

Stunts
Civilization
Civilization II

On the phone:

DoodleJump
X2 Football
But we can't be quite sure.

Duplode

For the last two years Stunts has been about the only game I play with any regularity. That being said, some other perennial favourites:

Gran Turismo 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Championship Manager '03-'04
Winning Eleven 2000 U23, in a hacked flavour converted to '00 Brazilian league
SimCity 3000
Age of Empires II
Final Fantasy Tactics (I don't think describing it as "the Stunts among RPGs" would be an exaggeration)
Final Fantasy VIII (replayed it to the end in 2009 after many years, and enjoyed every minute)
Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic

Chronologically the list stops at 2004 - I never bought a console to replace my first-gen Playstation, and was not bothered enough to keep up with the technological advances of PC gaming for the last half decade or so.

zaqrack

I did forget Lands of Lore and Little Big Adventure 2. oth great games and played them a couple of times from start to end :)

BonzaiJoe

I remember Little Big Adventure! (not the sequel though). Very unique adventure/action/rpg mix.
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Quote from: Duplode on November 06, 2011, 08:19:15 PM
Chronologically the list stops at 2004 - I never bought a console to replace my first-gen Playstation, and was not bothered enough to keep up with the technological advances of PC gaming for the last half decade or so.

I've never tried Playstation, only PC. As for me, keyboard is the best controller unit.

I remember playing Stunts with steering wheel at HSM 2003 / WSM 2004. ;D

CTG

After 13 years I realized how to beat Kintaro in MK2... ;D