News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

survey: the games you`ve spent the most time on...

Started by ZakKrack, May 05, 2002, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

Mine in chronological order:

-Street Rod on C64 (always a bit after school, it was a very long time ago.)  

-Super Mario Land 3 on NES (played it through about  10 times, each one was continous 5-8 hours)

-Transport Tycoon Deluxe on PC (I had a year, when I played it almost daily, maybe more than stunts, lots of training, strategies, and competitions, love this game)

-Civilization series on PC (1-8 hours many times)

-Might and Magic 6 on PC (about a week playtime, I`ll start MM7 in the summer. >

-Stunts on PC   (I guess more than a month from my life.  

My brother is playing a game in championship managaer 3 season 01-02, it`s his third game he began, he began it in november, there is a counter in it, and it shows he had played more than 6 days (only playing time). Incredible...  

I`m sure I spent more time playing with computer games, than with learning.  ))

And even more I spent riding my bike.  

Zak

DukeBismarck

Yes Sir

TransportTycoonDeluxe is a great one, especially with the update where you can have almost 40.000 vehicles!!!

Civilisation 1,2 also not bad.

Another important game was GrandPrix 1,2,3 and Insane(=cool OffroadGame, where you can also drive a WARTBURG and many other ones  www.invictus.hu  (you see a hungarian game and not a bad one)).

Naturally Stunts.

In the last time ActionSuperCross(renamed to Elastomania(www.elastomania.com)or look at Zak's GamesSection) it's really cool.

But at the moment a new star under the games is born to me: TRAIN-SIMULATIONS,  especially TRAINZ (www.trainz.com) I just have a Demo at the moment, but when it's released i think i'll buy it. If you dont have the money for  model-trains, this is a great alternative.

But i still wait for a real driving simulation (this means exact graphics, driving behavior(I dont want to accelerate from 0 to 100 in 3-5 s, I want to need 15-20 s like in real life, i want to drive not only ferrari and lamborghini and stuff like that, i want to drive my loved Golf II Turbo Diesel), and i also want to have real crash and damage behavior, and i want to be able to use all functions of the car by myself(light, wiper, radio, seatradiator,... like in TestDrive3)).

Don't waste your time, play more games instead.

Bonzai Joe

The VERY best of them:

Stunts

Civilization I

Civilization II

Monkey Island I

Monkey Island II

King's quest, Space quest, Larry, all of them

Starcraft  

Colonization

Need for Speed 3

CTG

First of all I have to tell you that I don't have an own PC so I couldn't play very much like,but I spent more time playing then learning- like Zak (Hungarian students are too lazy?   ).

My favorites are:

Transport Tycoon Deluxe (once I played 18 hours without having a rest!)

Mortal Kombat II  (Baraka rulez!)

World Cup 98, FIFA 2000 (Unfortunately I couldn't play enough these games)

Lotus (easiest simulator game)

Age of Empires (THIS IS MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE!)

and of course STUNTS!

CTG

Quote from: CTG on May 07, 2002, 07:00:00 PM
Transport Tycoon Deluxe (once I played 18 hours without having a rest!)

TTD is still addictive, 18 hours record is almost broken. 20 hours with smaller eat/drink/WC breaks. ;D

zaqrack

I hope you did that with OpenTTD which is a lot more fun opposed to the original!

JTK

- Stunts 1.0
- Stunts 1.1
- Virtual Skipper
- The longest Journey, Syberia, Paradise
- Worms III and IV,
- Warcraft 2
- Rampart
- Ports of Call
- Wing Commander
- Happy Computer People
- (...)
8)
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

CTG

Chulk

I think everybody spents more time playing than learning until you reach a certain age (about 22 or 23 years old maybe?)

- World Cup Soccer in NES (playing with my 2 brother we spent every weekend night when I was about 8)
- Stunts of course
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert (I once played from 9 am of Saturday to 4 am of Sunday (with small pauses to go to the bathroom) when my parents where on holidays and only stop to watch Japan F1 GP which was just starting, and ate something while watching it as I was starving!
- Papyrus Indycar racing (I love it!)
- Monkey Island I (I don't like MI II that much)
- Mortal Kombat II in SNES (I fought against Noob Saibot 5 times with Sub-Zero and twice with Kitana)
- I'm now playing Age of Empires III, The WarChiefs expansion (I really liked precious AoE but I couldn't play them in my old computer :'()
- And finally Street Fighter II Champion edition is the one I played most in arcades.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Well, I have a lot of games to mention.

On C64 (1988-1996): Night Mission (great pinball game always played on family parties, Commando, Loderunner, Krakout P (with my father), Gianna Sisters (probably my favourite one, with friends, alone etc.), Buggyboy (often with classmates), Slapshot Hockey, USA Football (I don't know if it was its original name, but it was a soccer game), Leapfrog, Chopper, Aztec Challenge (how annoying the first stage was...), Speed King (with my uncle and with my family), Gyruss, Neptuns (eternal classic with my uncle), Olympic Skier, Styx Z, Wizard of War (against my uncle and my parents) etc. (there was a game where we had to shoot ships, the small and fast ones were the most valuable, I can't remember its name :), but also a favourite one)

On PC (1996-, in chronological order): Scorched Earth (eternal classic, probably I was as good in this game as in Stunts, always beat all of my friends), Test Drive 2, GPC, Lotus III (against friends we played it a lot) CD-Man, Mortal Kombat II, Mortal Kombat III, Stunts (without any comment), Summer Challenge, Winter Challenge (great tournaments against friends), FIFA '94 (great matches against friends), FIFA '96 (great matches against friends), Warcraft, Pinball Fantasies (greatest pinball game of all time), Brett Hull Hockey '95, FIFA '97, Duke Nukem 3D (the one and only Doom type game I liked), NHL '97, Psycho Pinball, Heroes of Might and Magic II, Nascar Racing, Worms+, Kingpin Bowling, Warcraft II, NHL '98, World Cup '98 (classic one, played with a friend of mine after afternoon bike riding), Need For Speed, Transport Tycoon Deluxe (as everlasting classic as Stunts and as Scorched Earth could be if it had been available on better CPUs), FIFA '99 (my favourite FIFA game, lot of custom teams and players - like in all of the FIFA games), Heroes of Might and Magic III, Need for Speed III (classic one), NHL '99, FIFA 2000, FIFA 2001, Need for Speed Porsche (favourite car racing game), NHL 2001, Colin McRae Rally II, FIFA 2002, NHL 2002 (the Pittsburgh Penguins consisted of my friends, and of beautiful girls, and beat everybody in all of the NHL games mentioned so far), Rise of Nations, NHL 2006 (in the dormitory, against my roommate, oh, how he hated to play against me).

Nowadays rather table football (and msn) than PC games...

TOP 10 of all PC games (time spent playing with it, as far as I'm trying to remember, series are on the list only with the most popular episodes)

1 Stunts
2 Transport Tycoon Deluxe
3 Scorched Earth
4 Need For Speed - Porsche
5 FIFA '99
6 NHL '98
7 Heroes of Might and Magic II
8 Summer Challenge
9 Mortal Kombat III
10 Pinball Fantasies
Chürműű! :-)

1520.67 km

Chulk

I had forgotten about Doom (I and II)! Thanks Akoss for reminding me.

BonzaiJoe

I never play computer games anymore... Even before my arm injuries, I played nothing except Stunts. I don't know, I just don't find it interesting anymore!
But we can't be quite sure.

Chulk

I remembered THE game I spent most time playing with:

The legend of Zelda: a link to the past (in SNES). I was hard to complete it and I played it when I was 8 or 9 and I didn't know much English at that time so I mainly guided by the few words I understood, which made it even harder!

Krys TOFF

Difficult for me to choose games...

All support and all time favorites :
- Stunts
- Civilization II

Other games I like a lot and play regularly :
- ToCA/DTM Race Driver games
- Forza Motorsports (sadly I don't have money to buy X-Box 360 and Forza 2...)
- Burnout and FlatOut games
- Qix/Stix (simple and efficient, a must-have of classic video games, more classic than Pac-Man or frogger for me)
- Trailblazer 1 & 2 (named Cosmic Causeway)

That's strange : I have a C64 too, but liked almost none of the game Akoss mentionned except Night Mission pinball and Stix.
My C64 favorites are Trailblazer 1 & 2, Qix/Stix games, Defender of the Crown, Arkano?d 2 (revenge of Doh), Bomb Jack, Boulder Dash 1 to 3, International Karate +, Bruce Lee, Green Beret, Summer Games 1 & 2 and Winter Games by Epyx, Cauldron 2, ...
For playing with a friend, Spy vs Spy 1, 2 & 3 are the best with a C64.

For info about C64, one of the best computer in computer history :
C64 emulator : http://www.viceteam.org/
C64 games database : http://www.c64.com/

Argammon

I can't really put them in chronological order.

Games I competed online ; my comment on it

-Stunts                        ;  Yes it was fun despite replay handling.
-Civilization 2,3              ;  It was fun for a while, that's it. Top 10 for a while.
-Age of Wonders 1,2       ;  That one suited me well. (Best/one of the 2 best) player for a long period.
-some small arcade games/chess ; not worth mentioning
-probably something I forgot about  ::)

Games which were fun and I compete online:

-Fallout serious
-Jagged Allience serious      ; especially deadly games against friends :D
-Master of magic               ; old classic to me
-Various racing games         ; but usually not alone only against friends....

There are many more which I most played at LAN-Parties or against friends. Many of them are on Akoss list for example  ;D.

I didn't play much single player games as I prefered competition against human players. But even that has decreased significantly in the last 5 years.