News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Baumgartner @ Minardi

Started by zaqrack, December 22, 2003, 11:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

well he got a 1 year contract from Minardi, but this costs 225Ft (almost 1EUR) to each Hungarian tax-payer next year. I dont know thats is it worth or not...

CTG

Well we must be proud because of our F-1 pipsqueak... BUT! He wasn't invited to Formula One, only bought a seat at the far crappiest team. I don't like that kind of transactions. In my view: TALENT and ONLY TALENT must count in sports. And I'm really angry on the government because of this amount of money! More then 2000 million HUF - it would be enough to provide free meal for all hungarian homeless people about for half year...  :?

zaqrack

alanrotoi

You are right CTG. F-1 isn't a sport, it's just a business, some races and nothing else. A circus we would say.

CTG

"Only"...  :?

Useless circus, Baumgartner will be 19th-20th on starting grid with Minardi... but i think even with Ferrari he would be there...  :)

BonzaiJoe

But it might be an investment for Hungary, it might mark you on the world map. But Formula 1 doesn't really interest me anymore, it's all about cars and money, and cars are about money, so let's just say it's about money and money.
But we can't be quite sure.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Now it's sure: Baumgartner will be on the starting grid of the Australian Grand Prix in team Minardi. Congratulations!
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Jacky: Formula One is all about money, yes, but not only this year... It's the same in the last 10-15 years... So if you watched F1 in the past years, watch them this year too and take part in the F1 Tipping game!!!
Chürműű! :-)

943.41 km

Argammon

Weird name he has.

Baum from german to english would be tree.

Argammon

And gartner might mean gardener in english.

Argammon

Or should we just translate it from gartner (hungarian?) to g?rtner (german)

Argammon

He must have german origins

Argammon

Argammon

Must be austrian as hungary and austria where 1 country 100 years ago...

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

There are several family names in Hungary which has a German or a Slavonic origin. They are of course Hungarian. These surnames like Baumgartner are well known in Hungary. But yes, a very long ago, he must have had at least one German/Jewish relative.
Chürműű! :-)

943.41 km