News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZCT247 - Lucid

Started by CTG, February 13, 2022, 06:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

alanrotoi

Can't tell only by racing with one car but most of times isn't a Carrera time :D Nobody was in the podium with Carrera since 2020 http://zak.stunts.hu/index.php?page=car-podiums

Duplode

Quote from: CTG on February 13, 2022, 06:32:07 PM
Carrera hell?

While I did use the Carrera for the "validation" test, I hope other cars will turn out to be competitive. No idea if I tweaked the bonuses enough for that, though...

By the way, I originally intended this one to be a compact "arena" track, but the track lost its shape and, a pile of discarded drafts, I ended up with something else entirely. Akwwardly, this is the second time that happens to me (first one was ZCT193). I probably should spend some time studying your oeuvre before the next attempt  :)

alanrotoi

Duplode

Quote from: alanrotoi on February 13, 2022, 07:29:35 PM
Why Lucid?

It's named after "Lucid", by Kelly Lee Owens. Since mid-2009, I have been using song titles for all my competition track names. In general I try to choose the song before the track, so that I can organically incorporate the theme into the track design, though that's not always feasible. (For instance, right now I have ~3 songs in mind for my next few tracks; however, after working for a while on the drafts of ZCT247 I sensed the track that was coming into being wouldn't be a good fit for those themes, so I had to think of an alternative midway through.)

alanrotoi

We could meet in the chatroom just before the deadline ::) 8) 8)

dreadnaut

Quote from: alanrotoi on March 12, 2022, 02:40:47 PM

I could try! I'll put an alarm :)

CTG

Quote from: dreadnaut on March 12, 2022, 03:18:54 PM
Quote from: alanrotoi on March 12, 2022, 02:40:47 PM

I could try! I'll put an alarm :)

Like in the good old times: announcement of ZCT results in the chat.