News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Stunts will never die.

Started by Death Man, January 20, 2005, 06:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Death Man

Just here to say 'hey' to anyone who remembers me, and to all the new stunts pipsqueaks.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Hello. Welcome back in the Stunts community. I recommend you to start driving again and show us that the new or the old generation is stronger. :)
Chürműű! :-)

943.41 km

zaqrack

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "zaqrack"wow, a legend appeared ;)
Legends never die. :wink:
I'm happy to see the former champion of Kalpen Stunts. \:D/

It seems that finally my numerous mails to all people I found in Kalpen or Lukas Loehrer's sites got an answer. :smt026  :smt023  :smt040

Death Man

I'm mainly playing Zdaemon now (updated Doom) when I have spare time, but I'd like to take the Indy out for a spin again.  I see Kalpen's contest hasn't been updated over a year... which other ones are running?

Which version of the game is used for the competitions?  I remember one was a bit quicker than the others.

alanrotoi

If you were killed by Dover it was me :D
What's your nickname there?

PS: Welcome back ;)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "Death Man"I'm mainly playing Zdaemon now (updated Doom) when I have spare time, but I'd like to take the Indy out for a spin again.  I see Kalpen's contest hasn't been updated over a year... which other ones are running?

Which version of the game is used for the competitions?  I remember one was a bit quicker than the others.
We all use version 1.1 by BroderBund.
Available for download at Kalpen's or ZakStunts (http://stunts.mine.nu is the Stunts Racing Portal, select ZakStunts competition).

Active competitions (from those available from the portal) right now : ZakStunts, WSC, Unskilled Stunts (USC). And soon (in one month or so) : the 4th IMSA cup.
Other competitions are inactive for now (4D Stunts League or WRC Stunts) or forever (like Stunts LOL).
Other competitions exist but they are not listed in the portal like Stunts Brasil (http://www.stuntsbrasil.rg3.net, active) or HOTU Stunts (http://community.the-underdogs.org/gamecomp/stunts, inactive for the moment).

Shoegazing Leo

Let's sing:

Heyyy Heyyy, Myyy, Myyy... Stunts will never die!!! (like Neil Young)

al il professore

WB deathman you can try and spin your car on zakstunts but you will see a great change: now the better the pipsqueaks the more they are considering their level as professional

i am also playing hard at zdaemon: mainly in CTF

i am nicknamed IL PROFESSORE and i spam the deathmatches chat with comments like

your blood in the walls
my gun is my best friend
ah ah ah die hijo de puta (i did not invent this one)

or

salut tout le monde !!!
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

CTG

Wow, welcome back, Death Man!!! Although I have never seen you racing, I met your excellent statistics on Kalpen Site. 12 races, 4 victories, 6 second place - quite impressive! I hope you will be able to keep up with us and become a serious opponent! :)

Death Man

I'm El Barto on Zdaemon.  I've seen IL P. but no Dover.  I like the TLSDM wads, but no one ever plays those anymore.  I never have time to play for more than 15 minutes now anyway.

I'll try my hand at a contest again soon enough.  I just got Stunts working again last night (with the help of a neat little program called "dosbox").  My driving skill had gone down a little over the years.

The neat thing about Stunts back pre-1999 was that we (except Luke and maybe some of the older programmer types) couldn't get a high score if we continued from a replay.   If you go back and look at the numbers from 1998 and earlier (I think the Kalpen's site is the only one still around that ran back then), then you'll see pure racing times.

I also remember being proud about having the first replay on default that lasted less than a minute.  Looks like people are getting times just over 30 seconds now.   I'll have to find out how that works...

CTG

3x seconds on Default: put your car into powergear with huge amount of luck on the first hill, then turn to the left way, continue pressing left, and go to the last part of the track. Cutting between dual-way means no penalty... :)

Stunts tricks and shortcuts improved a lot since you left the community. Download some of the winning replays and learn them. With your skills it will be easy to follow us soon!

alanrotoi

If you didn't see me maybe is because I don't play since a year :)

BonzaiJoe

Wow, good idea CTG, I'll try that!

Welcome back Death Man! I'm looking forward to see you racing again - expect some time to catch up with today's competition level.
I remember that my first race was your last race :D It was CTRACK27 at the Kalpen competition... see you on the scoreboards!

CHEERS!
But we can't be quite sure.