News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Sports

Started by CTG, October 10, 2005, 01:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Chürműű! :-)

1000.08 km

CTG

I was good in short length running, jumping and sports where power is the most important (weight-lifting, wrestling).

Krys TOFF

Running : I never was good in short speedy distances nor too long runs. 1500m was really the best for me. My best result in 1500m was when I was in the army, we always runned this distance. But to be honest I don't remember my best time ever. Something between 4'30 to 5' or so. But I didn't practice since... way too long time (I was in the army in 1994) ! ::) And I'm 10 kg bigger now. So my time at 1500m run would probably be the double now, or even worse ! :D To be honest, I don't want to do the test to verify ! ;D
Quote from: Argammondid you slowly degenerate after school sport was over?   8)
Seems to be :D, but for me it was after army period was over... ;)

Jumps : my less worse was triple jump, but I was always crappy in all kind of jumps, especially high jump shitty Fosbury technique.

Throws : javelot was my best, easily, and I was quite good there regarding my schoolmates. Not because of my strength, but because I understood the technique of javelot throw better than most of my schoolmates. I was shitty in other kind of throws, especially because of turns needed to gain speed. I often threw the item (disc, ...) outside the limits to the left or to the right. I never liked turning around, I prefer straigth throw like javelot by far.

Team sports : I suck in rugby (I don't have the physical look of Chabal at all !) and football (I suck in technique of football, I just shoot :D).
Basketball : I never was good at basketball, and I'm way too short to be a good one. I was only good at 3 points shoots, because I never was able to score close to the basket : all other players were always much taller than me. Only chance for me to score was to shoot from far. I played a very few in middle school (French name is college, but college means high school in english, so I use middle-school name to describe it, I was 11-15 years-old then) years but prefered handball play by far.
Handball : first I was left forward in middle school team, and then I was goalkeeper in high school (16-18 years old) because there was too much forwards already in the team and because I was not too bad in goalkeeping, but got tired of beeing goalkeeper after one year so I stopped and played volleyball for the last 2 years of high school before university.
Volleyball : as I'm not tall (1m75 tall "only") I was regular back player/defender and specialized in passes as a forward. The 2nd year I remember we finished 3rd in regional high school competition. Then I went to university and stopped team sports to have more free time for girlfriend(s).

I was just doing some runs and a few bicycle sport during university. Other free time was for concert and girls. ;D But going to listen a concert was a sport for me, I remember I lost 2 to 3 kg per concert. Ok, it was almost heavy-metal only, that's why. I was doing pogo during all the concert. :D

I don't remember any high score or so to be honest, it was quite a long time ago and the only regular sport I do now is bicycle with my children, so level is poor compared to Alain's or Zak's bicycle levels. ;D

Krys TOFF

Back to volleyball Euro 2007 :
Group A : Serbia 3-0 Netherlands (Germany-Greece will be played tomorrow only)
Group B : Russia 3-0 Belgium (Poland-Turkey tomorrow too)
Group C : Spain 3-1 Slovenia and France 3-1 Slovakia. Logical results and a surprisingly good Slovak team in the last 2 sets)
Group D : Bulgaria 3-2 Croatia (shitty start of Bulgaria that lost the first 2 sets) and Italy 3-2 Finland. That's a surprise to see Italy in such a trouble, they should have won 3-0, and Bulgaria too. Good for France if some teams are tired and not as good as they are used to be. ;)

CTG

Many sports you tried Mr T?ff!

About ball games: my 3D eyesight is too bad, my skills are just crappy in them. Usually I played goalkeeper because that was the only position where I was one of the bests maybe because of reflex and no fear of forwards (am I right Mr Poo? ;D).

My personal records:

60 m - 8.2
100 m - 13.04
200 m - ~29.0
800 m - 2:50
1250 m (primary school lap, street running) - 4:53

High jump - 160 cm

Laying weight-lifting - 97.5 kg (my weight was about 70 kg)

Pulling together legs in a thigh muscle trainer machine - 170 kg

Press-ups - ~80

Argammon

I am generally better at short distances... some older records:

100m: 11,9
200m: ~24
400m: ~53
800m: don't remember but it was *bad*
>800m: *bad*

long jump: 5,94 at school competition... High: ~1.80 but not fosbory but strattle...

Javelin: Never learned the tequnique thus *bad*
Never used a disc or hammer!

Football:

Very good goalkeeper due to good reflexes. Decent attacker... bad on any other position  ;D

Swimming:
Quite good on any distance. I prefer between 100m-200m though.
I think it's smart not to give you times here, ;D, some people know why...

Argammon

I forgot that there are different styles in swimming. Yikes!

Crawl: Best
Butterfly,Back: decent
Breast: bad

Krys TOFF

Oh, right, I forgot swimming.
Well, easy to say : I'm slow whatever the kind of swimming. :D My less worse is backstroke swimming.

CTG

Even better: I can't swim :D

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTGEven better: I can't swim :D
?! Can't ?
If you told "I don't know how to swim", I could understand but saying that you "can't" swim... I don't understand why.
Or maybe you're too heavy to be able to float. :D

CTG

* CTG slaps T?ff around a bit with a large trout.

Argammon

Actually I have problems not to drown while trying to float as well  :o

Krys TOFF

Aaaaaargh !
France 12-17 Argentina !! (Rugby WC result)
I was right to be afraid of the Argentinian team, they know French rugby too muchj as numerous of their players play in French clubs. Result is that they managed to always block French rugby that is mainly based on movements and passes. It can't remember how many passes they intercepted !
French players were over-confident as I feared and Argentinians did well according to they strategy.
Ireland rugby is not like French one and Ireland is supposed theorically to win versus Argentina. That's why now France have no other choice than winning versus Ireland, which won't be easy at all too.
Damn ! that's the first time since rugby WC exists that France loose a 1st round match. Let's hope it won't be also the first time that France gets eliminated since the first round... ::)

Chulk

YES! Great victory for Argentina (We defeated France 5 out of 6 last matches). We played amazingly well an made 127 tackles! Great defense! We managed to get a good advantage (due to many pass interceptions) at the beggining and then defended the result with heart and claws (that's why we're known as Los Pumas -which means Cougars-). I'm not so sure Ireland is suppose to beat us, remember IRB World Cp '99 when we kicked their ass. And we defeated them many times in the last few years. Anyway. next match is Georgia and should be quite easy, getting bonus there would have been great for Argentina's chances to advance to 1/4 finals. Let's see how everything goes.

Another results:

NZL def ITA: 76-14
AUS def JPN: 91-03

Now playing: USA-ENG are tied 0-0
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Argammon

Hungary - Bosnia/H... 1-0 in european championship qualification.

Very good result for struggeling hungary. Unfortunatly, despite of this, they have no real chance to qualify anymore.