News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Sports

Started by CTG, October 10, 2005, 01:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Thanks... erm... we'll have to face a slight problem in the next few years, the team is getting a bit old, and the 18-21 yr old generation is not strong enough to replace them. If we earn the promotion to Group A next year, we'll fall back as Lad?nyi, Palkovics and Ocskay retires. We'll spend some years in Group B I think, but when the young players of new team Budapest Stars will reach the optimal age (they are about 15 yrs old now... some of them already sold to teams from abroad, e.g. Ill?s Gall? is the scoring leader in the Russian junior league), we can earn that damned promotion.

I think the 7 top teams are untouchable for the other teams, well, there are 8 teams in the QFs. In recent years, it was usually Switzerland who clinched the last quarter final spot. But for Denmark, teams like Germany, Belarus, Latvia are also to be beaten to reach the QFs. Denmark will be in pot 3 next year (12th seed), and they will have to beat a team from pot 2 (5th-8th seed) to be in an optimal position to reach the QFs... well...
Chürműű! :-)

1000.08 km

BonzaiJoe

It will not be easy... But remember Denmark has beaten USA and drawn with Canada. And this year, we had a 2-0 lead vs Sweden, but dropped it and lost 2-4.

It's funny how Canada, Sweden, Russia, Finland, USA, Czech Republic and Slovakia are simply so much better than everyone else... But I believe Denmark has worked the way almost up to the next group: Belarus, Switzerland, Germany, Latvia, (Denmark)... Then countries like Norway, Italy, Ukraine and hopefully soon Hungary.
But we can't be quite sure.

Krys TOFF

And what about France ? We managed to be promoted in group A. ;)

CTG

I'm surprised Akoss didn't mention the final of the men handball championship. After 11 years Pick Szeged won the championship against Veszpr?m (3-1):

MKB Veszpr?m KC - Pick-Szeged 30-31 (with penalties)
Pick-Szeged MKB - Veszpr?m KC 25-22
MKB Veszpr?m KC - Pick-Szeged 39-26
Pick-Szeged - MKB Veszpr?m KC 25-23

Last round of the women's championship will be this weekend, Gy?r can be the champion third time in a row, if they beat the second place Ferencv?ros.

Standings of the playoff:

1   Gy?ri Audi ETO KC159-126   10
2   Budapest Bank FTC     160-142   10
3   Dunaferr NK130-148   5
4   Cornexi-Alcoa140-153   5

CTG

Oh poor Laure Manaudou, her leg is broken. :(

CTG

Female handball:

Dirty Ferencv?ros, dirty refrees! ETO lost the final by a single goal and a lot of cheat from the refrees. Shame on them, shame on asshole capital team! My cute favorite, G?rbicz Anita scored 13 goals (best player of the match as in 80% of the cases), the lost match wasn't her fault...

Budapest Bank FTC - Gy?ri Audi ETO KC 37-36 (17-18)

These two teams can start in Champion's League but EHF was dirty too: ETO is only in the second hat after CL semi-finals while the romanian Valcea and the slovenian Ptuj is in the first... Scandal!!!

Chulk

Roland Garros 1/8 results:

R. Federer(1) def. M. Youzhny(13): 7-6 (7-3) 6-4 6-4

T. Robredo(9) def. F. Volandri(29): 6-2 7-5 6-1

N. Davydenko(4) def. D. Nalbandian(15): 6-3 7-6 (7-1) 3-6 7-6 (7-2)

G. Ca?as(19) def. J M?naco: 6-0 6-4 6-2

N.Djokovic(6) def. F. Verdasco: 6-3 6-3 7-6 (7-1)

I. Andreev def. M. Baghdatis(16): 2-6 6-1 6-3 6-4

C. Moya(23) def. J. Bjorkman: 7-6 (7-5) 6-2 7-5

R. Nadal(2) def. L. Hewitt(14): 6-3 6-1 7-6 (7-5)

Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Tennis is not my sport, unless I have to watch Hingis and Kournikova together. ;D

JTK

Here we go, the best handball team in the world: THW Kiel!

• Winner of German Handball Foundation's cup (DHB-Pokal)
  • Winner of Germany's handball league (Deutscher Meister)
  • Winner of Champions League
There's nothing more to get! :)

Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

Chulk

Roland Garros 1/4 final results:

R. Federer(1) def. T. Robredo(9) 7-5 1-6 6-1 6-2

N. Davydenko(4)
def. G. Ca?as(19) 7-5 6-4 6-4

Tomorrow:

N. Djokovic(6) Vs. I. Andreev

C. Moy?(23) Vs. R. Nadal(2)
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

US Open 3rd round results (to reach last 16):

Agnieszka Radwanska (POL, 30) - Marija Sharapova (RUS, 2) 6/4 1/6 6/2

?gnes Sz?vay (HUN) - Nadia Petrova (RUS, 7) 6/4 6/4

Forever these results! Venger-pol?k dv? br?t?nki! Two Eastern Central European teen beat the Russians! Sharapova is a disgusting b*tch! B?FF! Forever Sz?vay, forever Radwanska!!! :D

BTW, ice hockey: Alba Vol?n FeVita - HK Kosice (SVK Extraliga 5th) 4-2!!! :D :D :D
Chürműű! :-)

1000.08 km

CTG

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!! Sz?vay kicked Vakulenko's ass (6:4, 7:6) and she's already in the best 8 of US Open. Possible opponent is Kuznecova, she's still beatable. Go Sz?vay!!!

Krys TOFF

General infos for basketball Euro 2007 :
Group A : Greece, Serbia, Russia, Israel
Group B : Spain, Croatia, Latvia, Portugal
Group C : Lituania, Germany, Turkey, Czech Republic
Group D : France, Italy, Slovenia, Poland
Best 3 of each group are qualified for 2nd turn. Best 3 of groups A and B => group E and best 3 of groups C and D => group F.
Then there will be the duels between teams from different group of 1st turn. All results will count (except those versus the teams eliminated in 1st round) and best 4 of groups E and F will play quarter-finals.
Best 2 of the Euro (that is the finalists) will be qualified for Olympic Games in Beijing except in case Spain is in final because then winner of match for 3rd place will be qualified too.
In my opinion, Greece, Spain and Lituania are potential winners while France, Germany, Italy, Slovenia and Serbia are potential semi-finalists.

Group D results of yesterday evening :
Poland 66-74 France
Italy 68-69 Slovenia
Logical victory for France, hard fight between Italy and Slovenia that may be important for quarter-final qualification if they are both qualified for 2nd turn (which should happen, it would be a miracle for Polish team if Poland is not eliminated in this group).
Today : Italy-France and Poland-Slovenia.
This group is not so easy for France. We all remember that Italy won versus France for 3rd place match and got bronze medal in Euro 2003. And for the next match versus Slovenia, it won't be an easy one too : even if France got bronze medal in Euro 2005, we lost versus Slovenia in our group during the first turn. Slovenia even beat future winner of 2005 (Greece) during 1st turn, so they are dangerous. Answers tonight and tomorrow night.

CTG

Basketball... I never liked it, maybe only NBA (and only a long-long time ago). The only thing I hope that Lithuania will suck. ;D

DIRTY MINGVA! MINGVA LE VAN FINGVA!!!

Krys TOFF

Euro basket 2007 : with 2 victories in 2 matches, Russia, Greece, Spain, Lituania, Germany, Slovenia and France are already qualified for 2nd round.

Tennis : Raphael Nadal eliminated, Justine Henin impressive versus Serena williams. It seems that Roger Federer and Justine Henin are ready for another victory in US Open .