News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Forum bugfixes

Started by zaqrack, January 31, 2006, 09:41:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

Well, it seems the upload on website feature doesn't work, but I uploaded it to a part of my own webspace and linked to it. And it works, my splendid devilish smiley is there ;D

Krys TOFF

I didn't saw a big change when server speed was improved at the beginning of November, but I can see a big change since yesterday : server speed is VERY slow. It applies at USC, ZakStunts and the forum... ::) ??? :-[

zaqrack

it's due to some heavy bittorrent usage by my brother. It'll be gone in a day, sorry for the inconvenience!

I'll try to learn how to set up traffic shaping, so I could give prioritiy to the server data flow over local traffic and downloading. That way torrents could not interfere with the server. 
It's quite complicated but I'll solve somehow.

CTG

Chulk

IE can't remember my password correctly for Stunts Forum... I don't know why, but it always happened to me. The first time I logged in, my username and password where written correctly, as after the "remember password..." notification from IE, I clicked "yes" and had no problem. But everytime I come to the forum, I type Chulk and press Tab to jump to password square, it fills with the password but it's always wrong. The thing is that none of the digits seems to be wrong, as I tried changing 5 at a time (Pass is 6 letter/numbers long) and when I left 1st sign untouched it didn't work, when I left 2nd untouched, it didn't work, and so on until I left the 6th one untouched, (totally convinced it would work fine) but then, it didn't! :o So I don't know what's wrong with it.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

I've got a solution : use FireFox. :P ;D

CTG

Quote from: Krys TOFF on September 30, 2008, 11:16:11 AM

Firefox sucks, it's slower than IE7 (at least for me).

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on September 30, 2008, 06:38:31 PM

For me too, that's why I don't use it. Any other solutions?

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Chulk on October 01, 2008, 12:09:51 AM
Quote from: CTG on September 30, 2008, 06:38:31 PM

For me too, that's why I don't use it. Any other solutions?
Use Opera. :D

For me FF 2 is faster than IE 6 or 7 in all webpages, except to load BATRacer races (especially long races like LeMans Endurance Series races).
I got FF 3 but it's slower than FF 2 so I stayed with FF 2.

Else, for your problem of password, did you tried to delete all cookies and then re-connect to the forum and select to keep the password remembered ?
Or, do you have an antivirus that is selected to very high protection level and therefore erases cookies regularly ?

Chulk

Quote from: Krys TOFF on October 03, 2008, 11:45:48 AM
Else, for your problem of password, did you tried to delete all cookies and then re-connect to the forum and select to keep the password remembered ?
I'll try this.

Quote from: Krys TOFF on October 03, 2008, 11:45:48 AM
Or, do you have an antivirus that is selected to very high protection level and therefore erases cookies regularly ?
This can't be it as it only happens with the forum. Batracer, F1tipping, gmail, everything else works fine

zaqrack

Youtube videos, MP3 files and such are automatically embedded from now on.

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on December 16, 2008, 10:31:53 AM

Great news! I'm going to link the farting Jingle Bells again... ;D

zaqrack

ok but dont push the line, I don't want to restrict by user :)

Duplode

Quote from: zaqrack on December 16, 2008, 10:31:53 AM

Just a complementary tip: if for some reason you don't want your YouTube, LastFM, etc. links to be auto-embedded, surround the relevant portion of your post with [noembed][/noembed]. Just had to use that...

zaqrack

did some reorganization on the forum categories. Hope it is easier to get around now.