News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

World Cup 2006 - Germany (World Cup ONLY)

Started by vamologocomisso, May 26, 2006, 06:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

skid off dirty Germans! I like them as a nation, but I terribly hate their lucky and dirty football team. The referee was a disaster, his approach to the match was favouring the Germans, he killed the latin football with blowing the whistle for every little fault, especially if it was committed by Argentina. And 'surprisingly', he forgot to give a penalty to Argentina in the 89th minute, when Maxi Rodriguez felt off with the help of a German leg within the penalty area. It's ugly to see the Germans never pay for their mistake, there's no cost of their big defensive mistakes, the ball always bounces back to the Germans, or their opponents are lame (Crespo, around 70th minute). Btw I think the Argentinian coach made bad substitutions and chose bad tactics after the Argentinian goal: they played too defensively, leaving the chance to score only to counterattacks. In a nutshell, weak German teams with the help of their fans and the referee, advanced to the semi final, quite undeservedly.

Italy had a good match at last, and Luca Toni scored at last. 3-0 whitewash, they are my favourites against the weak German side in the semi final. :lol:

But 2 more quarter finals are to come this evening, my tips are:

England - Portugal 2-0 :(:(:(
Brazil - France 3-2 after extra time :(:(:(
Chürműű! :-)

1000.08 km

Argammon

Akoss I think you are heavily exaggerating!

First of all the german team is certainly not a weak team but instead played their worst game this world cup in this quaterfinal.It might be because Argentinia is very strong at controlling midfield but that does not change the fact the team is not weak.

Another point is that in a 120 minute game you can always blame the referee for this and that and if we take a calm look at the german match it's easy to say that there only happened few mistakes.99% of all football games see far more referee mistakes than this match.It's a fact.

Same with defensive errors.In a long game you will always have those!But there weren't more than usual.

The main reason Argentinia did not win is that they tried to defend the lead and when there was extratime they could not substitute any creative players anymore.They had Saviola Messi and Aimar on the bench who didn't play a single minute.That's the big mistake and not the referee!

And please try to be a bit more objective.. like my post for example ;)
And btw:Most of the teams are playing 'dirtier' than the german team.... take a look at the yellow/red card statistics and please don't begin with the ref please...

Quote from: "Argammon"Akoss I think you are heavily exaggerating!

First of all the german team is certainly not a weak team but instead played their worst game this world cup in this quaterfinal.It might be because Argentinia is very strong at controlling midfield but that does not change the fact the team is not weak.

Another point is that in a 120 minute game you can always blame the referee for this and that and if we take a calm look at the german match it's easy to say that there only happened few mistakes.99% of all football games see far more referee mistakes than this match.It's a fact.

Same with defensive errors.In a long game you will always have those!But there weren't more than usual.

The main reason Argentinia did not win is that they tried to defend the lead and when there was extratime they could not substitute any creative players anymore.They had Saviola Messi and Aimar on the bench who didn't play a single minute.That's the big mistake and not the referee!

And please try to be a bit more objective.. like my post for example ;)
And btw:Most of the teams are playing 'dirtier' than the german team.... take a look at the yellow/red card statistics and please don't begin with the ref please...

What a surprising reaction from you! When I post a strong opinion about something somewhere, you are always there to contradict me. I don't want to react on your post.

1000.08 km

Argammon

Because you are often very biased!

I mean you don't apply the same rules to everyone!
Please be honest:

If Hungary would have taken part this world cup and if Hungary had defeated Argentinia even if luckily on penalties would you have been talking about:

A)The dirty,lucky Hungarians

B)The great Heroes

The answer is pretty simple and I would like to see some honesty in the community.

Of course I would say that they are heroes! But that's why I'm not accepting your opinion about my opinion (that I'm biased). I'm not an Argentinian, I'm not a German... please, anybody else but an Argentinian or a German (you) tell me that I'm biased! Of course you're saying that the Germans are heroes and since you're a German, you can't (and can never) watch the match as a neutral football fan!

1000.08 km

Argammon

First of all I am only 50% german.Second of all if you read my opinion about the game it doesn't really sound biased,does it?

I did not claim germany played Argentinia against the wall and I did not put a lot of emphasis on the fact that Argentina didn't have more goal scoring opportunities.Actually those are which tell you if a team is better or not.Just having control in midfield without barely creating any chance doesn't make you a superior team.

In my opinion the penalty shootout was fair because neither team proved it was superior enough against the other team in the regular time.Again I am talking about goalscoring opportunities and not ball possesion %.

But I do agree that Germany didn't play to well.A lot of things might have had an influence on that being for example:Weather,Argentinia = agressive and dominant in midfield,Respect,Overplayed players,bad day,Argentina=good team etc etc......

And what's more important and shows I am pretty objective is that I think Argentina should have won if it had used it's full potential.There were so many excellent players sitting on the bench.Have you seen Messi in Barcelona?I even thin Aimar is playing very good,at least in Valencia.
And if you don't let them play don't take out Riquelme!With an 1:0 lead you should try to keep control of the game which they had before instead of trying to defend the lead.Curiously the 15 minutes before the 1:1 where the strongest of germany...

I know most people are pretty biased when their nation is concerned but I'm don't think I am.

al il professore

Quote from: "al il professore"believe me, juninho must start the match on the pitch if you want to win, because this is the only chance for brasil to score! remember! ROBINHO IS OUT!!!

I am sad to see thatcarlos alberto pareira had no real plan against france. hence the unbelievable domination of my favorite team, the national team of france. the team that make the world dream and cry.

during the match he ruled out juninho, the only brasilian to score (on a free kick, because brasilians didnt have the ball close enough to barthez goals to shoot)

and he ruled out cafu, one of his best players (i dont name him a defender, he is not a defender, just a player. lucio and juan are not defenders too, they are only heavy and awkward football players)

robinho is a super loved brasilian player from the brasilians only. he does not have any international level. he has no experience, he cannot play. ribery is a genius. he has the level without the experience. learn.

the same for adriano. he is a national championship level, not international.  he has no experience or talent, he cannot play at this level

ronaldinho has never had an intuition on what is COLLECTIVE PLAY. he does blind passing, but he is really blind on the game in general. he is blind. he plays for himself, he always played for himself. in the paris saint germain against marseille, he was the guy who won the match. on the barcelona fc, he is the man who makes the play. on an international level, you need an international level team. You dont want a team with strong individuals, that sort of team could win only a national championship. you want the best team in the world, formed of the multiplication of the best individuals in one country.

you dont want messi on your group. or ronaldinho. this kind of individuals could make win an international cup in the eighties. now it is ALL OUT DEFENCE that rules the field. talented individuals dont want to defend for the group. they want the group to defend for them. that is not very serious.

QuoteIf Hungary would have taken part this world cup and if Hungary had defeated Argentinia even if luckily on penalties would you have been talking about:

hungary has never won nothing in a world cup, and will probably never win a world cup, even if playing two hundred years they would always lose. this is a bad comparison.

QuoteWith an 1:0 lead you should try to keep control of the game which they had before instead of trying to defend the lead

you should, and france knows it well. I was very happy with the way france played against brasil in the end of the match. to save the lead. honestly, can you hear, all of you generations of stallin german bastards, the armageddon coming for you in berlin on the ninth of july? can you?

QuoteBrazil - France 3-2 after extra time

fresh, fresh extra fresh. my eleven terminators are extra fresh, they didn't play no extratime, they just mashed everything EASIEST WAY.

MISSION JOGA BONITO ACCOMPLISHED! i hope you didnt cry a lot, my dear brasilian friends, we the french people of football respect your divine football so much.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

Krys TOFF

When I saw that Junhino would start the ?atch, I was afraid. He perfectly knows French football.

1st fifteen minutes of the match were 100% Brazilian. I was afraid to see Brasil 3-0 France at this moment, really.
Then, the match started to change hand and France started to decide the rythm of the game.

If Brazil had score during the first fifteen minutes, they would probably have won the match. Not sure, but probably. But once France scored, Brazil was over. As I said before, that's the psychological advantage France had versus Brasil. 1986, 1998 and now 2006 : the worst memories of Brasil.

I don't like Ronaldo particularly, but he was the best Brasilian tonight. The most dangerous. Ronaldhino started to be dangerous only at the end of the match.

Key of the match, once again : Viera and Makelele. And all French defenders behind them. Brasilian forwards can't score if they don't get a ball. First fifteen minutes were nightmare, but what a midfield control of French players after this awful beginning ! And Zidane, wow, some Brasilian moves he did ! Magical Zidane. This guy has so much technique and talent when he is motivated...!

I'd like to thank Spain : their newspaper aggressivity versus Zidane before Spain-France made him angry and back at his best. Before this match, France was the shadow of what it could have been. Now, France is back on top ! If all the players still play the same for the next 2 matches, then another World Championship title for France is really possible now. To be honest, I didn't believe it until the match versus Spain.

1st round : exit North America and Asia
1/8 final : exit Africa
1/4 final : exit South America
Now, it's Germany-Italy and Portugal-France. Old Europe still knows how to play efficient football. For sure, there's not the same "magic" moves like only South American players (and Zidane) can do. But it's a surprise not to see any south American country in top 4.

Germany-Italy : wow, what a match ! A final before the final, like Brasil-France was, like Germany-Argentina was too.
Not beautiful football, but so efficient sometimes. Germany plays at home, that's an advantage. But Italian defence is... is... awesome. Ask Ukraine players and they'll tell.
I hope to see an Italian victory, because France-Germany as a final... Argh ! Germany would have psychological advantage AND playing at home advantage. That may be too much for France.

Portugal-France ? France now is favorite. After beating Spain and Brasil, Portugal should not be harder than these two matches.
And after what I saw of Portugal versus England and versus Netherlands... I don't fear Portgual anymore. They were in final at home in European championship and they lost. They won't reach final versus France if French defence and midfield remain so efficient.
Also, so many Portugal players have a yellow card that almost all the team could not play the last match if they have another yellow card versus France. That's another problem for them. They will have to take care of that, and that will be an additionnal advantage for France.

Tips :
Germany 1-2 Italy (optimistic tip, Germany remains favorite but I would like not to see France-Germany in final)
Portugal 0-2 France (1 goal on each half, by Ribery and Henry)

Then :
Germany 3-1 Portugal (easily)
Italy 0-1 France (with many difficulties, maybe a Zidane goal again, as a jubilee).

al il professore

someone explain me why i was the only one to see that the bookmakers underdogged the france national team until AFTER the match against spain? I think the match against spain showed clearly who deserves to be the WELTMEISTER in fussbal

and now portugal will lose, you can't imagine how their defeat will be pitiful to see: france is considered as a favorite by bookies (AT LAST)

MY TEAM IS THE BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD, THEY PLAY THE MOST BEAUTIFUL AND LIGHT FOOTBALL ON THE PLANET, and most important: THEY ARE FAIR PLAY, NICE, and FRENCH!!!
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

al il professore

Quote from: "Krys TOFF"When I saw that Junhino would start the ?atch, I was afraid. He perfectly knows French football.

I was veeeeeery afraid too... but well, you don't know very well football krys, juninho can know the french football by heart but he just can't know THIS team. and knowing the french football does not help knowing ribery, he is only three matches old in "international level" age albeit playing at the top level in clubs and championships since he was a kid.

in which championships play zidane, makelele, henry, vieira, thuram, sagnol, etc. ETC. ETC. ???

you don't know football if you write that :) our national team is built of international talents. it's a foreign legion. there is twice much more black people in our national team and spaniards didnt like it... and with so many black people in our foreign legion, we can't lose a match. say no to racism. eternal shame on aragones. perhaps he will lose again against france in 2008. I hope so.

imagine the world cup final was FRANCE - ITALY (which is the most probable finals for me) our qualifications group for the euro 2008 in switzerland and osterreich will be... ROYAL!!!

why germany must lose? they are too weak. why they must win? miroslav klose is not polish. and the crime against battiston in sevilla in 1982 (24 years later the pain is still strong in france) must be punished.

if there is a final france germany (which is not so probable because of the weak level of german defence) germany can pay this last debt we have in football. la boucle serait boucl?e.

alanrotoi

Quote from: "vamologocomisso":cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
"dont cry for me argentina (...)" - Evita Peron.

hehehe :-D  :lol:  :D  :wink:  8)  :lol:  :)  :-D  :D  :-)

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry: "don't cry for me Brasil!" - Henry

hehehehe  :P  :P  :P  :P  :lol:  :lol:  :shock:  :lol:  :-D  8)  :wink:  :roll:

al il professore

Quote from: "Krys TOFF"
Also, so many Portugal players have a yellow card that almost all the team could not play the last match if they have another yellow card versus France. That's another problem for them. They will have to take care of that, and that will be an additionnal advantage for France.

france has yellow cards. vieira, zidane, thuram, ribery and sagnol. one of them get only one yellow card against the dirty portugueses... the team with the dirtiest reputation in the tournament, and no final for one of our team's fulcrum

I hope it will not be zidane. not because he can make us win the final, but just for history. it would be unfair.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "al il professore"I hope it will not be zidane. not because he can make us win the final, but just for history. it would be unfair.
True, very true.
Just like Laurent Blanc back in 1998. Leboeuf didn't deserved to play the final versus Brasil.

al il professore

QuoteFans said Parreira should have used younger players like Robinho and Cicinho from the start.

"The only time the team played really well was against Japan with these (young) players, but no, Parreira had to go back to the old scheme," said Aldo Santos, a doorman who watched the game on a small black-and-white TV.

three goals for musn't mask one goal against conceded from a weak attack. brasilian defence made me laugh against japan and ghana...

i think those "young players" does not have enough experience to commit against the best defensive team in the world ever. brasilians love them, but they are not in the mind of carlos alberto parreira the best master in defensive strategy brasil ever had. remember we only got one goal yesterday night, last time it was three.

Quote"This was the worst thing that could have happened -- to lose to France again," said Fabio Santos, 39, a fan in Sao Paulo.

i think brasilian people should learn how to play on free kicks and corners from the babies to the elder people. they would miss less matches against france. and also they should allow more black people to play in defence. BLACK BLACK BLACK! where is the next pair of black roque junior for brazil?? why juan and lucio, those worthless dummies???

in my  opinion the selecao must resign cafu, roberto carlos, lucio and juan,  (the center is too weak and the sides are too much attack oriented) build itself from the defence, like in 1994. jorginho, branco, aldair and ricardo.

in modern football you need only one real attacker... a real number 9. you don't want three attackers waiting for centers in the same line (like ronaldo, ronaldinho and adriano waiting for cafu centers on all actions.)

spaniards also played with three number 9... ten years back in time, it worked. now it sucks. hopeless aragones.

AND TWO REAL MIDFIELDS like zinho and mazinho

Argammon yes I can read between your lines that you try to be unbiased and honest, but I still insist on the principle: you can only be unbiased about a nation's football team (or about any other thing) if you have nothing to do in real with that nation, that nation is neutral for you. Since no one else (a non-German) confirmed the state that I was biased and I was exaggerating, your opinion is still not affecting me.

My dream predictions for the semi finals:

Italy - Germany 100-0 (favourite team vs. least favourite team, I think nothing to explain)
Portugal - France 4-3

My realistic predictions:

Italy - Germany 1-0
Portugal - France 1-2

1000.08 km