News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Politics around the world

Started by CTG, November 17, 2006, 11:30:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somehow I think Obama won't be a president for a long time. What do you think?

He'll be the president for 8 years.
7 (31.8%)
He'll be the president for 4 years.
7 (31.8%)
He'll fail earlier because of the economical crisis.
1 (4.5%)
He'll be murdered earlier by terrorists/Ku Klux Klan/McCain/Hillary Clinton :D
7 (31.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on February 08, 2015, 07:30:41 PM
My boss is a man, a very respected expert in reservoir mechanics and oil industry, but he also lacks leadership and organizing skills.

Well, I did not say "all men are good leaders". When I got a team for a certain project at my former workplace, I was a crappy coordinator (gave no real tasks to the others because I thought they won't be able to solve it - therefore I completed 95% of the project alone).

alanrotoi

CTG

Quote from: alanrotoi on February 08, 2015, 08:44:00 PM
Quote from: CTG on February 08, 2015, 08:05:11 PM
When I got a team

I completed 95% of the project alone.

Deja vu? :D

I don't trust in other people's skills, but I want to make a quality work - so I keep everything for myself. Maybe a bit egoistic, but still the best solution in most of the cases. And the exhausting one...

(Luckily I'm not there anymore.)

alanrotoi

CTG

zaqrack

Quote from: CTG on February 08, 2015, 06:46:27 PM
Women are genetically weak leaders. It's not sexism, just biology. Male and female brain is working differently, therefore they have different strenghts and weaknesses.

The boss I respect the most and have learned the most from in terms of leadership and organizational skills was a women.

zaqrack

Well, I did not say "all men are good leaders". When I got a team for a certain project at my former workplace, I was a crappy coordinator (gave no real tasks to the others because I thought they won't be able to solve it - therefore I completed 95% of the project alone).

This is a typical mistake, overcoming this weakness is step one of becoming a good leader. On the other hand, you must not fall to the other extreme and delegating all work to your team while you are doing nothing. I have done both mistakes and have learned from them. :D

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: CTG on February 08, 2015, 06:46:27 PM
Quote from: BonzaiJoe on February 08, 2015, 06:37:32 PM
Your posts are always a study in sexist discourse.

Women are genetically weak leaders. It's not sexism, just biology. Male and female brain is working differently, therefore they have different strenghts and weaknesses.

I also have a female boss: she's one of the greatest and the most respected experts in this field (in Hungary) - but she absolutely lacks leading skills or sense to HR policy.

That's bullshit, and you know it is because there's zero research to prove that this is caused by biological sex differences, and there are countless exceptions to the general rule that more men excel at high-profile leadership.
But that was not what I was referring to. What I meant was that you characterized Merkel by her appearance and specifically the way she's dressed. You would never draw attention to how a white male head of state is dressed. It's because of that kind of preconception that women are unable to gain recognition for their accomplishments in fields like politics. Because men like you focus on how they dress instead.
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on February 09, 2015, 09:24:54 AM

This is a typical mistake, overcoming this weakness is step one of becoming a good leader.

Unless your workmates are too dumb to solve the problem.

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on February 09, 2015, 10:16:49 AM
But that was not what I was referring to. What I meant was that you characterized Merkel by her appearance and specifically the way she's dressed. You would never draw attention to how a white male head of state is dressed. It's because of that kind of preconception that women are unable to gain recognition for their accomplishments in fields like politics. Because men like you focus on how they dress instead.

Have you read the second part of my message? The dressing part was just a comment. I find her a weak, too liberal leader - even if she's a right-wing policy maker. As for me, such a great and strong country should not allow to get diluted by "colorful" invaders. Yeah, I'm not only sexist, but racist too.

Okay, let's overcome my obvious hate against n*ggers, gypsies, etc. Do you think Merkel is a strong leader? She's the head of the strongest (?) European economy, but still, she can't make a pressure on Russia or even on renitent EU members (like Hungary). Yes, it stands for any Western European leaders. They can warn you endlessly, but they won't ever act. Remember, how many times did Hungary infringe the general rules and principles of EU. What was the punishment? Warning, warning, warning... nothing else. That's a sign of weakness.

alanrotoi

Merkel is not weak but Putin/Russia is too strong for her and the economical relationship between Europe and Russia takes Russia to a better place to negociate. Europa is nothing without "daddy" USA against Russia. That's why NATO exists.

CTG

Quote from: alanrotoi on February 09, 2015, 02:08:37 PM
Merkel is not weak but Putin/Russia is too strong for her and the economical relationship between Europe and Russia takes Russia to a better place to negociate. Europa is nothing without "daddy" USA against Russia. That's why NATO exists.

Okay, you answered the EU vs Russia question. Now try to find out something for Western Europe vs renitent eastern EU countries. Even such a little and crappy country (Orbanistan) can behave unashamedly without real consequences. EU would lose nothing with excluding Hungary from the members, but still, they don't act.

alanrotoi

It's just a guess, but Europe took advantage expanding it's influence to the east when USSR fall in early 90's. That advance stopped in Ukraine. There is a "battle" between Russia and Europe for Ukraine domination. Taking down elected governments, putting puppets and revolutions. Both Europe and Russia are fighting for Ukraine and now the pro Russian in Donetsk.

It's easy and obvious that they (the Ukrainian pro Russian in Donetsk) are just another fact that Russia has in the negotiations with EU. You can see it when at the beginning of the protests EU and Russian authorities met for negotiate the situation but none from the separatists that should be more interested in their own destiny.

Now Europe found a stronger Russia. Just also remember these facts from the last three years:

- USA wants to invade Syria because chemical weapons (remember Syria is an historical ally for Russia)
- Russia avoided it and won with diplomacy. They destroyed their arsenal.
- only few months later suddenly ISIS has a lot of power and is a menace for Uncle Sam. Then USA finally put a feet on Syria.
- In Ukraine the pro Russian president was taken down and a pro Europe is up.
- Russia occupied Crimea. Donetsk and other regions from Ukraine wants to join Russia or to be independent States.
- The Oil and Gas from Russia to Europe goes mostly trough pipelines in Ukraine. Russia as "punish" to Europe and to bow down Ukrainian government will (in fact EU will) raised the costs then indirectly it raises for Europe too.
- USA and EU made some soft sanctions to Russia then they attacked harder letting Oil price get a lot lower (Oil and Gas are main export products and income for Russia).
- Putin announced a crisis but only for two years.

zaqrack

Quote from: CTG on February 09, 2015, 02:33:05 PM
Quote from: alanrotoi on February 09, 2015, 02:08:37 PM

Okay, you answered the EU vs Russia question. Now try to find out something for Western Europe vs renitent eastern EU countries. Even such a little and crappy country (Orbanistan) can behave unashamedly without real consequences. EU would lose nothing with excluding Hungary from the members, but still, they don't act.

Because growing the size of the EU is their only chance to grow the potential of the EU being a first-row player in world politics, to change the situation that is currently well described in Rotoi's message.  This is only possible through attracting additional countries to join. Unfortunately Orban knows this and plays this too well.
By the way I don't think it is possible to "fire" an EU member state but I'd have to double check the EU constitution.