News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

stunts startup

Started by czany70815, February 05, 2007, 05:51:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

czany70815

someone pleaseeee help me get stunts to start. ive read other posts and everyone says that u have to change the sound and click stunts_k to start. this doesnt work for me. all it does is close as soon as it starts. can anyone help. ive tried every version and it still wontr work.

CTG

BonzaiJoe

What's your operating system and Stunts version?
But we can't be quite sure.

Overdrijf

Which version you are using and exactly what you are starting up (which icon you click) makes a difference.

Paleke

I'm guessing you have Windows XP and Stunts 1.1. One thing you should do and you didn't mention is use the Windows' Compatibility. First you'll have to right click on "stunts_k.exe", go to "Properties" and then "Compatibility". You should check the box that says "Execute this program in..." and then chose Windows 95 or 98 in the list below. This should make the game run without using any "third" program, but without sound. A friend of mine told me that he could make the sound work, but he didn't tell me how yet.
I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid...and I went ahead anyway.

czany70815

paleke i tried what you said but it still wont work

Krys TOFF

It still doesn't work ?
Strange...

Only solution then : pure DOS bootable disk.

czany70815

been a very long time since i have used dos or even seen dos used. is it kinda like prompt? if not then i need guidance please

czany70815

yayyy i got it to work. i tried the floppy disks and it worked, but im on the school comp. hope it works at home.

CTG

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the title of the ZCT242 track, from ZakStunts season 2021?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview