News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Sports 2008-

Started by CTG, April 20, 2008, 11:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Olympic Games in Beijing and many other things too... Saving the beer topic from  being overtaken by Sports... ;D SORRY!!! I'm really drunk! :D :P

HUN is in elite league in ice hockey, Speedo&NASA made a super weapon in swimming by their hyper swimming dress, sports are still full of dopes (especially IGF, the new gigadope without any special detection by blood tests - I guess I could give them a piece of advice about it) while Roland Garros and Tour the France is coming soon in a few months... So, let's talk about sports! ;)

CTG

I hope to see a Flyers - Rangers battle soon... ;D

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: CTG on April 23, 2008, 06:40:59 PM
I hope to see a Flyers - Rangers battle soon... ;D

Then organize one after the conference semifinals have finished. I'll watch the Penguins-Canadiens conference final at the same time. :)
Chürműű! :-)

917.47 km

CTG

CTG

Mathematic models of athletic performances, especially offered for Akoss Poo: http://myweb.lmu.edu/jmureika/track/index.html

CTG

Funny quote from IIHF website:

DENMARK
If we'd kept up our first-minute pace, we'd have beaten the Czechs 60-0

;D

BonzaiJoe

Hahaha :) Who said that?

Anyway, I'm happy because we beat Italy 6-2, so we already have a place in the next round (unless Italy beats Czech Republic by 11 - (goal difference Russia - Denmark) goals, which is incredibly unlikely. And even in that case, if Russia beats Czech Republic, we're still in the next round :) But quarter finals will be very hard to reach still... I think I might even watch one of the games between the ice hockey giants.
But we can't be quite sure.

Vote: Flyers vs. Penguins

Thank you for voting. See below for the results from across SportsNation.

Your responses in bold text.

1) Which team has the better offense?

83.7%   Penguins
16.3%   Flyers

2) Which team has the better defense?

68.0%   Penguins
32.0%   Flyers

3) Which team has the better goaltending?

66.8%   Penguins
33.2%   Flyers

4) Which team has the better special teams?

76.5%   Penguins
23.5%   Flyers

5) Which coach would you rather have on your bench?

69.4%   Michel Therrien
30.6%   John Stevens

6) Has Marian Hossa erased all questions about his postseason play?

70.4%   Yes
29.6%   No

7) Which is the best in-state rivalry in the NHL?

84.3%   Flyers vs. Penguins
11.8%   Rangers vs. Islanders
2.2%   Sharks vs. Ducks
0.8%   Rangers vs. Sabres
0.4%   Kings vs. Ducks
0.3%   Panthers vs. Lightning
0.2%   Islanders vs. Sabres
0.2%   Sharks vs. Kings

8) Which team will win this series?

37.3%   Penguins, 4-0
21.4%   Penguins, 4-2
18.7%   Flyers, 4-2
9.2%   Penguins, 4-1
6.2%   Flyers, 4-3
3.4%   Penguins, 4-3
2.7%   Flyers, 4-1
1.1%   Flyers, 4-0

917.47 km

CTG

Flyers will win. For sure.

Quote from: CTG on May 06, 2008, 09:10:36 PM

I quoted this post. Reason: you may change it if you become wrong.

917.47 km

BonzaiJoe

I don't understand how you can care about American football...

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on May 06, 2008, 11:54:16 PM
I don't understand how you can care about American football...

;D Still NHL (ice hockey)... ;D

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on May 06, 2008, 09:44:00 PM
Quote from: CTG on May 06, 2008, 09:10:36 PM

I quoted this post. Reason: you may change it if you become wrong.

I won't change it, but if things go wrong... well... I just won't CARE about it. ;D :P

BonzaiJoe

Oh it's hockey :) Well I still don't understand, but I understand a bit more!

(I might have realised there are no goalkeepers in American football...)

Russia - Denmark  4 - 1

Could be worse...

Denmark lost 8-1 to Sweden, very impressive performance by the Swedish B team (the Swedish A team is playing the Stanley Cup conference finals under the name 'Detroit Red Wings'). Because I know some Danish Stunts pipsqueaks, and I've been to Denmark earlier, I'm happy to see Denmark in the main round, but this time I was cheering for the Swedish, they are my favourite national ice hockey team (not counting Hungary of course), so I was satisfied with the result. The vast majority of the best Swedish players are missing because of the NHL playoffs, so I don't think that the Swedish are hot favourites for a medal - maybe next time.

The Russian team is the big team which misses the least top players (only Malkin is missing in real), they are clear favourites in my eyes. Canada is strong too and they are playing at home, they are good for the silver.

Czech Rep., Sweden, Finland can catch a medal, maybe Team USA, too. Latvia, Norway, Germany, Belarus, Switzerland are suffocating the big teams' throat, but the big sensation is still missing - I think they can fight for the missing quarter final places. Denmark will be 12th I think.

The new rule at quarter finals and especially at relegation round are very stupid. With this, group A and group D will fight for two semi final places, while C and B for the other two, and the two side of the tree will only be mixed at the semi finals. If one side of the tree is much stronger, it is very unfair. For the relegation: best of 3 series Slovenia-Slovakia, France-Italy, losers are relegated. I think Slovenia and Slovakia are the 2 best from these 4, but one of them (probably Slovakia) will drop out, and France/Italy will be very lucky, because there's no round robin series this time for the relegation...

917.47 km