News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Sports 2008-

Started by CTG, April 20, 2008, 11:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: Krys TOFF on January 28, 2009, 12:34:16 PM
Croatia 22-19 France.
Croatian B team is slightly stronger than French B-team.
I hope to see the same teams in final and that the result will be the opposite with the A-teams. :P

Germany eliminated by Denmark, semi-finals will be Denmark-France and Croatia-Poland.
Battle for 5th place between Hungary and Germany, battle for 7th place between Sweden and Serbia, battle for 9th place between Slovakia and Norway.
Bets :
Denmark 24-31 France
Croatia 27-22 Poland
Hungary 21-29 Germany
Sweden 32-20 Serbia
Slovakia 24-22 Norway

Ooh, then my bets:

Denmark-France 27-29
Croatia-Poland 26-21
Hungary-Germany 27-30
Sweden-Serbia 33-31
Slovakia-Norway 22-32
Macedonia-South Korea 22-28
Chürműű! :-)

917.47 km

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Akoss PooDenmark-France 27-29
No way. :P

Quote from: Akoss PooSweden-Serbia 33-31
I don't think it will be that sharp, Sweden is really better than Serbia.

Quote from: Akoss PooMacedonia-South Korea 22-28
Oh, I didn't tipped on this one, right.
Let's say Macedonia 24-26 South Korea

South Korea lost against Macedonia, I was really surprised. Korea meant a real threat to almost each team so far, their style was really unusual for the others.

Hungary was tired against Germany, and the German keeper was fantastic in the 2nd half... 25-28 against them, 6th place overall - good result I think.

917.47 km

Quote from: Krys TOFF on January 29, 2009, 01:23:06 PM
Quote from: Akoss PooSweden-Serbia 33-31
I don't think it will be that sharp, Sweden is really better than Serbia.

It seems you were right... Sweden is leading 37-29 at the moment, not so much to go. What's more, it's the final result. Now it's 2-1 to Krys, he was the closer again.

917.47 km

Another big battle between Stunts nations is on to come!!!

OLYMPIC ICE HOCKEY QUALIFICATION FINAL STAGE

9 best nations according to WRL (RUS, CAN, SWE, FIN, CZE, USA, SUI, SVK, BLR) are already qualified to Vancouver, 3 other nations have possibility to qualify. 3 groups, 3x4 teams, 3 qualifiers. WRL 10-18 plus the winners of the pre-qualification stage (KAZ - WRL 19th, HUN - WRL 20th, JPN - WRL 22nd).

Groups are the following:

in HANNOVER, GER
GER (10th), SLO (15th), AUT (16th), JPN (22nd)

The most even group. Japan, with its unique style and fast skating, is a very tough opponent to all nations except for the usual top7 nations. The other 3 teams are quite on par, Germany is slightly stronger than the other two. Slovenia miss Anze Kopitar, Austria will miss Vanek. Slovenia managed to call back some old great players, so they will be a strong side. AUT-SLO will be interesting because of the AUT-SLO-HUN top league, GER-AUT because of eternal rivalry. Prediction: 1 GER 2 SLO 3 AUT 4 JPN

in RIGA, LAT
LAT (11th), ITA (14th), UKR (17th), HUN (20th)

The least even group, because Latvia is far ahead of the others. In my opinion, they will qualify. Ukraine will delegate a bit stronger team than in WCH 2008 Div I, so I think they will finish 2nd, this time beating Hungary. Italy is despite their WRL position, a beatable side without a real international star, they will have no chance. Prediction: 1 LAT 2 UKR 3 HUN 4 ITA

in OSLO, NOR
NOR (12th), DEN (13th), FRA (18th), KAZ (19th)

Kazakhstan is stronger than its WRL position shows. Their players often miss WCHs, or they don't take it seriously enough. They will not do the same if there's the olympic qualification. Norway and Denmark are of the same strength, anything can happen. France will surely finish 4th, altough they have some players playing in very good clubs. Prediction: 1 NOR 2 KAZ 3 DEN 4 FRA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_hockey_at_the_2010_Winter_Olympics_-_Men%27s_qualification

917.47 km

Quote from: Akoss Poo on January 28, 2009, 12:57:25 PM

Slovakia-Norway 22-32

Akoss Poo-Krys TOFF 2-2, as Slovakia lost to Norway 27-34.

917.47 km

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Akoss PooFrance will surely finish 4th, altough they have some players playing in very good clubs. Prediction: 4 FRA
I can only aggree with that.

Quote from: Akoss PooAkoss Poo-Krys TOFF 2-2
Tough match. ;)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Krys TOFF
Denmark 24-31 France
Croatia 27-22 Poland
Quote from: Akoss Poo
Denmark-France 27-29
Croatia-Poland 26-21

(logical) Real results :
Denmark 22-27 France => point for me (+5 is closer to +7 than to +2).
Croatia 29-23 Poland => point for me (3 points difference with real result instead of 5 for you Akoss)
Krys 4-2 Poo ;D

Last bets :
Croatia 33-34 France (after 1 extended time I think)
Denmark 26-24 Poland
I bet for the revenge of the groups match that already happened between these 2 teams.

CTG

CTG

BonzaiJoe

Congratulations France. Bad performance by Denmark... I just talked to my new roommate yesterday. She is a handball player and she knows some of the national team players. She says they have been playing badly because they've had disagreements and got mad at each other internally. Interesting...
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on February 02, 2009, 10:29:17 AM
I just talked to my new roommate yesterday. She is a handball player

Is she hot? ;D

Krys TOFF

CTG

Alexander Ovechkin's superb goal versus Habs... :o

http://www.pixter.hu/video?id=9765

CTG