News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Sports 2008-

Started by CTG, April 20, 2008, 11:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

How stupid sport is weightlifting...  ;D

CTG

Usain Bolt, 200 m, 19.30...  :o

Duplode

Quote from: Chulk on August 19, 2008, 05:58:30 PM
Perez - Curuchet won Madison Competition (Cycling) gold medal! Great for them but specially for Curuchet, who is retiring.
With this gold medal, we climbed form position 66th with 0-0-1 to 40th place with 1-0-1. Brazil is 39th with 1-0-5. We will overtake them as we have Silver for sure in football. But then they will overtake us back, when both Men's and Women's Volleyball teams win their gold medals.

Congratulations on your first gold medal! As for silvers, at last we two sure ones at men's beach volley (three Brazilian doubles at the semis yesterday, even if one is playing under Georgian colours...) and women's female football. As for volleyball, I'm most of all anxious for the girls match vs. China - after such stellar performances, it will be very painful if they fall again at the semis...

Krys TOFF

Handball semi-finals (men) :
France 27-24 Russia
Croatia 26-24 Denmark

Poland 28-31 Iceland
Spain 29-24 South Korea

Germany (World Champions) out in series.
Denmark (Euro champion and 3rd in last World championship) out in quarter-finals
Poland (vice-World Champion) out in quarter-finals

Who remains ?
Croatia (vice-Euro champion), France (future winner ;D), Iceland (sparring partner) and Spain (2nd sparring partner).
Winner of Croatia-France (France, of course, we need a revenge of last Euro semi-finals) is future winner. Spain and Iceland are good, but not good enough.
Go France, go !

CTG

BonzaiJoe

This means no more medals for Denmark  :-[
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Damn... we will have a very hard semi-final in water polo versus Montenegro - they kicked world champion's ass (Croatia). Very easy for Serbia, they will face the United States in the other semi. But at least we will win the bronze match versus USA... ;D

Chulk

5th doping case. Lyudmila Blonska (Ukr), Heptatlon women. She is Silver medalist so far, but if 2nd test is positive again, she'll lose it and probably be suspended for life as it would be her 2nd doping case (suspended in 2003-2005).
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Cute girl: Sarah Walker, New Zealand, BMX. ;)

Duplode

Oh hell, why can't our teams stop getting psyched out at every decisive moment?! First the female handball squandered three matches before finally getting held at 5th place in the group. After that, the ghastly performance of men's football against, of all adversaries, Argentina... and just when it seemed the women football team found enough confidence by finally - and soundly - beating the Germans they let it escape in the same circumnstances of four years ago  :'( And now Márcio/Fábio Luiz lose the first set of beach volley final from a 6-point lead, then manage a stellar recovery from a seemingly lost second set... only to lose 15-4 at the tie break! Damn! >:( :'(
---
Now there are few events where we have actual gold/silver chances, and it seems our medal count will be below expectancies. National hopes are on both volleyball teams (the girls haven't lost a single set yet, c'mon!), while Maurren Maggi (fm. long jump) has some chance to partly make up partly for Fabiana Murer's (fm. pole vault) troubles and Jardel Gregorio's (m. triple jump) semi-flop in athletics.
---
PS.: Hungarians, I've just seen your female handball squad lost to Russia on the semis. Too bad, I wished to see you through... :(

CTG

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!! First gold medal for Hungary: Attila Vajda, canoe, 1000 m. Finally!!! ;)

CTG

Argh... Only second place from the girls... :-\  >:( Medals: 1-5-1 at the moment.

CTG

Bronze medal from the Kozmann-Kiss C-2. Over every expectations... Our C-2 was maybe the best few months ago. But then... you remember my post from July about the tragic death of György Kolonics, member of this C-2 with Kozmann. This bronze medal means more than a gold for the Hungarian sport. Well-done guys! Nice racing as a mark of esteem in remembrance of Kolonics!

CTG

Damn, it was a tight match... Male water polo, semi-final:

Hungary - Montenegro 11-9 (3-4, 3-3, 3-0, 2-2)

The other semi is coming soon: Serbia - United States. I give 99 percent for Serbian victory. And I hope to see that 1 percent, we would kick ass in the final versus yankees, like we did in Sydney 2000 when we beated Russia in the final by 7 goals (13-6).

Krys TOFF

YES ! Handball men semi-finals : France 25-23 Croatia
Olympic Champions of 2004 beaten twice by France during these Olympic Games. ;D
Now, aim for the gold versus Spain or Iceland !