News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Football Fanats 2010 - the year of World Cup

Started by CTG, January 01, 2010, 03:43:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

World Cup 2010 - who will be the final winner?

Germany
Netherlands
Spain
Uruguay

Usrin

France - South Africa 1-1
Mexico - Uruguay 1-1
Greece - Argentina 0-1
Nigeria - South Korea 0-1
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

CTG

CTG

alanrotoi

alanrotoi

Greek Formation: 9 defenders, 1 striker. That's not football :S Anyways they loose :)

Duplode

Matches 37-40

Slovenia v England 0-1
USA v Algeria 2-1
Ghana v Germany 0-2
Australia v Serbia 1-2

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Poor Nigeria... they were really unlucky...

Btw, respect for Mexico and Uruguay! Excuse me for thinking that they'd do what Sweden and Denmark had done in Euro 2004... Argentina was also fair to beat Greece, not interfering the qualification battle between the other 3 teams with this.

I accept Duplode's suggestion, thus, I'm putting Welcome into the best names squad. :) I'm also adding Fallon to the lineup (inspired by a friend of mine, and yes, this name is really close to phallos), along with my new favourite, Echiejile.  :D

Tips for today:

Slovenia - England 0-2

USA - Algeria 2-0

Ghana - Germany 0-2

Australia - Serbia 1-1

Standings after 36 matches:

Gutix 20/36
Bonzai Joe 18/36
Akoss Poo 17/36
Duplode 16/36
Usrin 13/32
CTG 13/34
Chulk 11/24
Alan Rotoi 7/17
Chürműű! :-)

1630.32 km

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: Akoss Poo on June 23, 2010, 09:01:46 AM
Btw, respect for Mexico and Uruguay! Excuse me for thinking that they'd do what Sweden and Denmark had done in Euro 2004... Argentina was also fair to beat Greece, not interfering the qualification battle between the other 3 teams with this.

May I take a guess: you did not watch that match.

Also, this was not the same situation at all because winning the group made the difference between facing Argentina or South Korea in the Last 16 (in reality that's the difference between reaching the quarter finals or not), and losing was unlikely to eliminate any of the teams.

Anyway, I hope Italy is eliminated in the group stage (unlikely...), because they win too many games by simulating and getting fake penalty kicks and acting injured to waste time and get free kicks. Just like Portugal. Too bad Portugal is still in the tournament.
Also: skid off Greece!  :D now there's just to hope that Switzerland will also be sent home with a thud. Then we can have more teams in the finals who play real football.

Slovenia - England 0-1

USA - Algeria 3-0

Ghana - Germany 0-3

Australia - Serbia 1-2

Paraguay - New Zealand 2-0

Italy - Slovakia 1-0

Denmark - Japan 1-1

Cameroon - Netherlands 2-2
But we can't be quite sure.

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on June 23, 2010, 10:38:16 AM

Also, this was not the same situation at all because winning the group made the difference between facing Argentina or South Korea in the Last 16 (in reality that's the difference between reaching the quarter finals or not), and losing was unlikely to eliminate any of the teams.

Anyway, I hope Italy is eliminated in the group stage (unlikely...), because they win too many games by simulating and getting fake penalty kicks and acting injured to waste time and get free kicks. Just like Portugal. Too bad Portugal is still in the tournament.
Also: skid off Greece!  :D now there's just to hope that Switzerland will also be sent home with a thud. Then we can have more teams in the finals who play real football.

Wrong guess, I watched that match, too.

My only comment is that in the future, you shouldn't blame me for being biased for Hungarian teams when I'm talking about the referees for example. From our homelands, we can see things differently, maybe now you can see. I still insist on the fact that Denmark and Sweden should have done it differently, because they played unfairly in 2004.

As for me, topic is ON now, so waiting for WCH 2010 tips!

1630.32 km

alanrotoi

Slovenia - England 1-0 (they will make history)

USA - Algeria 2-0

Ghana - Germany 2-2

Australia - Serbia 0-0

Usrin

Slovenia - England 0-1

USA - Algeria 1-0

Ghana - Germany 1-2

Australia - Serbia 0-2
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

Gutix

Slovenia - England 0-2

USA - Algeria 2-1

Ghana - Germany 1-2

Australia - Serbia 1-1

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: Akoss Poo on June 23, 2010, 10:44:42 AM
Quote from: BonzaiJoe on June 23, 2010, 10:38:16 AM

Also: skid off Greece!  :D now there's just to hope that Switzerland will also be sent home with a thud. Then we can have more teams in the finals who play real football.

Wrong guess, I watched that match, too.

My only comment is that in the future, you shouldn't blame me for being biased for Hungarian teams when I'm talking about the referees for example. From our homelands, we can see things differently, maybe now you can see. I still insist on the fact that Denmark and Sweden should have done it differently, because they played unfairly in 2004.

As for me, topic is ON now, so waiting for WCH 2010 tips!

So you missed out on Italy vs Bulgaria, even though you like Italy? Okay. Anyway, if you watched the match you will know that, apart from the Swedish defensive players passing the ball around in the last 60 seconds of the match, there was no case of fixing. It is not illegal for a match to end in 2-2, only if the result is pre-arranged.

And of course I will not accept that we just "see things differently from our homelands". I look at each case separately. Anything else is nonsense and self-deception.
But we can't be quite sure.

I watched both games parallelly (Hungarian TV 1 and 2 always broadcast the two matches this way, and people can switch to the channel on which there are better action).

The international press noted that match a pre-arranged result play, your opinion (and any Swedish/Danish one) won't change this, and won't change my point of view, either (even if you don't accept it). To leave the question open, UEFA did not investigate the case.

As I said earlier, I don't want to debate the topic furthermore.

1630.32 km

Chulk

Slovenia - England 1-1 (Bye bye, dirty pirates!)
USA - Algeria 2-0
Ghana - Germany 1-1 (Bye bye, "rest of the world" team)
Australia - Serbia 1-2 (Just because I like Dejan Stankovic very much)
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)