News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Car Creation Wishlist

Started by Zapper, August 24, 2010, 04:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Select your "Top2" favourite cars that you want to make possible to drive in Stunts

Ferrari F40
3 (50%)
Ferrari Testarossa
2 (33.3%)
Lotus Esprit Turbo SE '89
3 (50%)
Toyota MR2 SuperCharged (mk1)
2 (33.3%)
KITT (TransAm Firebird'83)
3 (50%)
McLaren Honda MP4/4 (F1 car)
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: September 08, 2010, 04:48:29 PM

Daniel3D

Quote from: alanrotoi on October 21, 2021, 12:26:30 PM
It is time to have a car suffix list along with the car list. Also we could add it in the wiki.
Working on it.

To be more accurate (and honest) I asked CAS [again] to make something.
As byproduct I will have the above mentioned information of all current cars.

One issue I know of.
For the Ferrari edition I renamed the F1 classics so that they appear chronological in stunts.
Those cars exists double and accidentally share some abriviations.

I (off course) favour my naming. Ryoma's are the original names...
It won't be a problem until you mix the cars of both versions.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

alanrotoi

Oh! I wrote it thinking to work on it but I'm glad to know somebody else will :D.

dreadnaut

Quote from: Daniel3D on October 21, 2021, 01:40:43 PM
For the Ferrari edition I renamed the F1 classics so that they appear chronological in stunts.
Those cars exists double and accidentally share some abriviations.

I (off course) favour my naming. Ryoma's are the original names...
It won't be a problem until you mix the cars of both versions.

Or until you try to upload replays to a competition website that now needs to make double effort to track which cars is which.

Sigh, standards ::)

Daniel3D

Quote from: dreadnaut on October 21, 2021, 07:23:24 PM
Or until you try to upload replays to a competition website that now needs to make double effort to track which cars is which.

Sigh, standards ::)
I will rectify it in my personal database and I'll post the details in the Ferrari edition topic.

I don't know how many people have the classic Ferrari's downloaded outside the Ferrari edition.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Daniel3D

Ok,
I posted a clarification in the Ferrari edition topic.

Quote from: Daniel3D on October 21, 2021, 11:50:39 PM
After some question about the growing number of cars and the used abbreviations i need to clarify something.

Also for those not wanting to look for the cars. I'll add my collection here.
It also has a backup of the original cars in a separate file.

I made it for the earlier posted cars list and for the task I asked CAS...

O, and ZAK upgraded us a bit so we have a little bit more Upload space.  8) 8) 8)
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Duplode

On the two sets of abbreviations, I think the ideal solution might have been to use the modified abbreviations only in the Ferrari edition, keeping Ryoma's original ones in all other downloads/archives/cloud directories/etc. That's for a practical reason: as dreadnaut notes, automatic car detection in competitions is the main scenario in which we'd want to accept just one of the abbreviations, and I presume people are more likely to drive competition laps on a plain Stunts install rather than on a Ferrari edition one. (It might be a little late for enforcing that to be worth the trouble, though.)

(By the way, this discussion reminds me I still haven't tried the Ferrari edition!  :o I plan to rectify that over the weekend  ;))

Daniel3D

I didn't think about it at the time.
But I I realized that it may be a problem in the future when new players come dat don't know this.

Our existing user base can change the cars.
But it's also mostly intended as advice to keep one line. To know the difference and possible trouble.

I realize I push my naming down everybody's throat.
Sorry about that.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Duplode

Quote from: Daniel3D on October 22, 2021, 08:03:18 AM
I realize I push my naming down everybody's throat.
Sorry about that.

Don't worry -- you had a good reason to do the changes for the Ferrari edition, and ultimately it just isn't a big problem. The main practical consequence is that competitions will have to choose and point out and/or make available one of the versions of those cars for pipsqueaks to use. That would have been an issue for some of the Ryoma cars in any case, given there were now superseded beta versions circulating for a while, and that the alternate dashboard versions of the Bugatti EB110 use different abbreviations. For most other purposes (say, the Wiki, or RPLInfo tools) we can just keep track of both possibilities.

KyLiE

My understanding is that the Ferrari edition is intended for single player use.  Both Race For Kicks and ZakStunts specify version 1.1 of the game released by Broderbund Software.  Both competitions also offer the supported custom cars as separate downloads.

This issue reminds me of the Duke Nukem 3D community.  There are literally thousands of levels and mods available, but only a handful are compatible for multiplayer use.

alanrotoi

Just a note to not forget:

Quote from: KyLiE on October 22, 2021, 01:56:15 PM
This issue reminds me of the Duke Nukem 3D community.  There are literally thousands of levels and mods available, but only a handful are compatible for multiplayer use.

We should collect all of these retro games communities and advertise ours there. Doom community, other old racing games, adventures, etc.

Daniel3D

Quote from: alanrotoi on October 22, 2021, 03:17:25 PM
Just a note to not forget:

Quote from: KyLiE on October 22, 2021, 01:56:15 PM

We should collect all of these retro games communities and advertise ours there. Doom community, other old racing games, adventures, etc.
I thought about using the anniversary editions for promotion purposes.
They are competition compatible. (A repackaged and a reskinned) although that is besides the point.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Cas

I think that's a very good idea. We could build a retro-gaming community ring
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

alanrotoi

Already launched the "Crown Vic" Police Interceptor, the next car projected are: (sort by current motivation)

- Chevrolet Silverado Monster Truck: 60% done
- IKA Torino: 85% done
- Dodge Monaco Highway Patrol: 70% done

Ryoma

2022 alanrotoi became a carmaker

alanrotoi