News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Car Creation Wishlist

Started by Zapper, August 24, 2010, 04:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Select your "Top2" favourite cars that you want to make possible to drive in Stunts

Ferrari F40
3 (50%)
Ferrari Testarossa
2 (33.3%)
Lotus Esprit Turbo SE '89
3 (50%)
Toyota MR2 SuperCharged (mk1)
2 (33.3%)
KITT (TransAm Firebird'83)
3 (50%)
McLaren Honda MP4/4 (F1 car)
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: September 08, 2010, 04:48:29 PM

alanrotoi

Quote from: KyLiE on December 09, 2020, 04:20:27 AM
There are some legendary cars in that list!  It's interesting that the original developers went with the Ferrari GTO rather than the Testarossa, which was a much more iconic car.  Also, the FM Towns version of the game features what appears to be a Vector WX-3 on the main menu, however it's not drivable.

We asked to Kevin Pickell and he answered:

"Why these cars are in the game, who choose them?

I remember us having trouble finding stats for cars and finding good front and side pictures that we could use to make the 3d models. I think that was one of the deciding factors on the final list of cars."

the rest of the article: http://zak.stunts.hu/articles/interview-with-kevin-pickell-lead-programmer-of-stunts

Daniel3D

THE GREATEST ALFA ROMEO EVER BUILT?
https://drivetribe.com/p/the-greatest-alfa-romeo-ever-built-Z2mxNtWvSyW_1CLPuB_-RQ?iid=ExWNdIEBTyKNzxkDoSCT6Q
The Alfa Romeo 164 is a gorgeous saloon car and the V6 engine was a true classic. However, in 1988, Alfa Romeo did something magical and produced the Alfa Romeo 164 Procar.
In 1988, Alfa Romeo produced the 164 Pro-Car featuring a mid-engine layout and powered by the Alfa V1035 3.5 litre V10 engine. This unusual powerplant was originally planned to be used by the Ligier F1 team and was rated at 620 hp (462 kW; 629 PS) at 13,300 rpm and 340 N?m (250 lb?ft) of torque at 9,500 rpm.[15] Weighing only 750 kg (1,653 lb), the 164 Pro-Car achieved a top speed of 340 km/h (211 mph) and had a quarter mile time of 9.7 seconds.[16] It was planned to race in a special racing series, as a support event to Formula One Grand Prix. With Alfa Romeo being the only manufacturer to produce a car for this series, the project was ultimately cancelled.
stats

Country of origin:   Italy
Produced in:   1988
Numbers built:   1
Engine
Configuration   Alfa Corse 72º V10
Location   Mid, longitudinally mounted
Construction   aluminium block and head
Displacement   3,495 cc / 213.3 cu in
Bore / Stroke   57.5 mm (2.3 in) / 88.0 mm (3.5 in)
Valvetrain   4 valves / cylinder, DOHC
Fuel feed   Bosch Fuel Injection
Aspiration   Naturally Aspirated
Power   605 bhp / 451 kW @ 12,100 rpm
Torque   373 Nm / 275 ft lbs
BHP/Liter   173 bhp / liter

Drivetrain
Chassis   carbon fibre monocoque
Suspension (fr/r)   double wishbones, coil springs, anti-roll bar
Steering   rack-and-pinion
Brakes   ventilated discs, all-round
Gearbox   Hewland 6 speed Manual
Drive   Rear wheel drive

Dimensions
Weight   750 kilo / 1,654 lbs
Length / Width / Height   4,555 mm (179.3 in) / N/A / N/A
Wheelbase / Track (fr/r)   2,660 mm (104.7 in) / 1,515 mm (59.6 in) / 1,488 mm (58.6 in)

Performance figures
Power to weight   0.81 bhp / kg
Top Speed   340 km/h (211 mph)
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Ryoma

Quote from: alanrotoi on March 23, 2021, 06:24:23 AM
Quote from: KyLiE on December 09, 2020, 04:20:27 AM
There are some legendary cars in that list!  It's interesting that the original developers went with the Ferrari GTO rather than the Testarossa, which was a much more iconic car.  Also, the FM Towns version of the game features what appears to be a Vector WX-3 on the main menu, however it's not drivable.

We asked to Kevin Pickell and he answered:

"Why these cars are in the game, who choose them?

I remember us having trouble finding stats for cars and finding good front and side pictures that we could use to make the 3d models. I think that was one of the deciding factors on the final list of cars."

the rest of the article: http://zak.stunts.hu/articles/interview-with-kevin-pickell-lead-programmer-of-stunts

Thanks for sharing this.

I understood that :
-Every teenagers had a poster of the Testarossa in its room except Kevin. I'm sure the difficulty are the sidepod and grids.
-Even we are passionated by this videogame, for the programmer, it's only a job. Who remember what he did 20 years ago? We found the sames issues in japanimation, dubbing, etc... When we ask somes peoples, they don't remember
-there is a question of lack of time. During the 90s, it took about 3-5 weeks to make a videogame. Ok I made several cars during the same period but my computer is faster than 1990 and de have internet for the blueprint. It's not the same Era. And I did only cars, the guys had to made all the software.

Ryoma

@Daniel3d

The shape of the 164 procar is the same as the Thema. It's because the basis is the Tipo Quattro which made Croma, Saab 9000, Thema and 164 (Tipo Uno made Fiat Uno and Tipo Due made Fiat Tipo).

So I think the shape is not difficult.

Concerning the grip : no big front wing, a little rear wing and no diffusor.... The demo in Monza in 198X was very slow because of the tires and the fact there are no air grip. I think a grip like the Modulo.

Daniel3D

That is along the same line as I was thinking.
It is a bizarre combination. Not easy to drive, but very fast in a straight line.
And looks like a brick on steroids 🤣
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Ryoma

I try something but the line (ribs?) on the side is very hard to do. Particulary with the shape of the Thema.

I tought the best way is to start from zero. Personnaly, I was not interessed by this car. I prefered the se048 which made me dream.

https://youtu.be/cQigN057dMw

Daniel3D

Quote from: Ryoma on March 29, 2021, 08:56:03 PM
I try something but the line (ribs?) on the side is very hard to do. Particulary with the shape of the Thema.
i had not noticed them, but they are shallow, so using alternating tints of black/dark gray should be more than acceptable.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Ryoma

Daniel3D

Edison once said,
---------
---------

Ryoma

Ryoma

Quote from: Grijze Pilion on December 03, 2012, 05:58:33 PM
May not be the most creative proposal, but what about a '13 SRT Viper?

I'd love to see an actual brand-new model in Stunts.

I prefer the Viper from The Need For Speed.

Ryoma

Ryoma

KyLiE

Quote from: Ryoma on April 25, 2021, 10:26:39 AM
I prefer the Viper from The Need For Speed.

The first Viper is my favourite as well.

Quote from: Ryoma on April 25, 2021, 08:33:41 PM
Or like this ???

That looks good!  I hope you include red as one of the body colours and not just the driver's hair! :P