News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

A formula to save the community

Started by Mark L. Rivers, June 14, 2011, 03:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chulk

Quote from: Akoss Poo on June 17, 2011, 12:17:49 AM
P.S.: anyone knows why I can't push more than two buttons in Windows XP when driving Stunts? Ideas for fixing this problem? At a curve, when steering ahead+left/right, it's not available to perform a transmission. Btw that was a problem why I abandoned racing after coming back some years ago.
DOSbox is the only solution I found... or Pure DOS
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: zaqrack on June 15, 2011, 05:19:28 AMOne more thing: this idea more or less relates to what Krys had in mind with Stunts Career. He could not do it alone - but I believe we can do this together.
Indeed, that's one of the (too many) things I started and never finished... :'(

Quote from: Chulk on June 15, 2011, 06:14:06 AM
Insane tracks
This, I can do (remember USC's Tata track ? ;D)

Quote from: Chulk on June 15, 2011, 07:52:06 PM
ISM (or whatever name it will be) looks good to close the season though I must admit I really wanted Mark o Krys to host a NoRH comp. Guess all of my hopes rely on Krys now.
Yes, I still have a FTT season to conclude... Someday... ::)

zaqrack

Quote from: Duplode on June 16, 2011, 08:22:08 PM
Another way of looking at this issue is considering whether there is anything that can be done to reduce our workload as managers somewhat. In particular, right now I am thinking about replay submission (and maybe partial validation too). That is closely related to what Oscar pointed out in another thread:

Feel free to use/reuse my code. It detects the car, transmission type, calculates time, etc, extracts these into variables and sends the file to a  pre-set email address. We can easily extend the script to work with multiple emails, writing multiple SQL insertions only take a few lines too.
You have access to the FTP, the files are:
/zak/mailer.php (form to get data from pipsqueak and invoke the script)
/zak/mail.php - the actual script to analyse the replay file and submit data in email/sql. The code is a mess but may be useful.
/zak/engine.php - probably the most useful for you, some functions determining data from hex codes in the replay.
/zak/rplinfo.php - name says it all.

Validation still needs to be implemented.

Duplode

Quote from: zaqrack on June 17, 2011, 03:22:23 PM
Feel free to use/reuse my code. It detects the car, transmission type, calculates time, etc, extracts these into variables and sends the file to a  pre-set email address. We can easily extend the script to work with multiple emails, writing multiple SQL insertions only take a few lines too.
You have access to the FTP, the files are:
/zak/mailer.php (form to get data from pipsqueak and invoke the script)
/zak/mail.php - the actual script to analyse the replay file and submit data in email/sql. The code is a mess but may be useful.
/zak/engine.php - probably the most useful for you, some functions determining data from hex codes in the replay.
/zak/rplinfo.php - name says it all.

Validation still needs to be implemented.

Mission accepted!  :) Over the following weeks I will, as time allows me, start playing with this stuff. The final goal, it seems, would be fully decoupling the parsing and mailing mechanisms from the ZakStunts website; and from there we could work on building the widgets Oscar mentioned and any other desired chrome. Suggestions (and, eventually, collaboration) from managers and coders alike will be most welcome!