News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Airplanes

Started by CTG, November 02, 2011, 09:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Maybe I'm megalomaniac but I'm fond of giant airplanes.

I saw this one in the late afternoon...

Few weeks ago...

In July...

Unfortunately never...  :-\

CTG

Surprisingly nobody is really interested in airplanes.

zaqrack

I flew too much in the past years to be too interested :)

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on April 10, 2012, 08:25:22 AM
I flew too much in the past years to be too interested :)

I am ambivalent in this question. I always admired the huge airplanes flying over the city, but I'm afraid of flying (never tried, probably never will). On the other hand it's more spectacular to see the airplanes taking off than sitting on the board.

Btw which type do you travel with between Europe and China? B747?

zaqrack

most of the time I flew with Airbus-A330 which I also like the most for long travels.
Earlier had to chance to fly with Boeing-747, Boeing-777, Boeing-767, Airbus A-340

Missed the A-380 by only one day in 2010 November :(
Of course it is also depending on the company and the seat configuration, but I found B-747 the least comfortable.
Unfortunately the only direct flight from Budapest to China (Hainan Airlines, Budapest-Beijing) was cancelled this March. :(

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on April 11, 2012, 10:32:42 AM
Unfortunately the only direct flight from Budapest to China (Hainan Airlines, Budapest-Beijing) was cancelled this March. :(

Spotters of Ferihegy were also pissed off because of the cancelled flight. And also because of Terminal 1 closure. And even more because of Malév's death. For non-Hungarian members: few weeks ago the bankrupt of the Hungarian national airlines was announced. The government did nothing to prevent it - rumours say some of the top dogs are really-really interested in low-cost airline companies.

I'm sorry to see only a few bigger airplanes here, like B-767 (UPS), B-747-8F (Cargolux) and rarely AN-124 Ruslan.

CTG

http://www.flightradar24.com is fun. You can follow many airplanes (usual delay is about 10-15 seconds compared to their real position).

CTG

747th message...

CTG

757th message... (okay, cheating: this one is the 758th)

CTG

CTG

777th...  ;D (don't worry, the last one will be the Boeing 787)

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on May 25, 2012, 05:45:27 PM
777th...  ;D (don't worry, the last one will be the Boeing 787)
You're just saying that because you missed Airbus 3xx family
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

I think the design of Boeing airplanes is much better. The size of A380 is amazing - but it looks only like a huge whale.

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on May 29, 2012, 11:04:10 AM
I think the design of Boeing airplanes is much better. The size of A380 is amazing - but it looks only like a huge whale.
Yeah, and the Antonov is like a delicate dolphin... he
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Usrin

Great webpage for statistic-fan air passengers: http://flightdiary.net/

Data of my flights: http://flightdiary.net/Usrin

It's a pity that I barely remember which airplane types did I fly with... I was always more interested in trains. When flying, rather the landscape and the weather take my attention (so having a seat at the window is the most important).
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.