News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

22:41

Started by CTG, August 03, 2012, 08:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

I hate that minute.

CTG

I saw the clock at 22:41 about 10 times from 27 in this month.

CTG

To tell why is it so important:

Several years ago I discovered that I check the clock at 22:41 quite often (although I take a look at the clock about once in an hour). First it was fun (22.41 dm3 is the molar volume of an ideal gas at 0°C), later it became quite annoying. And then... I had a dream where a voice said: the last thing you will see in your life is 22:41 on a clock (the other thing killing me is Guns N' Roses - November Rain, the last song I'll listen before I die - according to another dream).

That's why I listen to November Rain when I have suicide mood.

Since that I see this number even more often: the registry number of the fire alarm button next to me is 22/41, the last 4 digit in the phone number of the most frequently called workmate is 2241 and one of the software licence keys I use starts with 2241.

BonzaiJoe

You realize it's just coincidence, right? (although the clock thing might be because you subconsciously know approximately when it is that time, and then you associate it with looking at the clock).
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on August 28, 2012, 12:03:44 PM
You realize it's just coincidence, right? (although the clock thing might be because you subconsciously know approximately when it is that time, and then you associate it with looking at the clock).

Sure. But it's still annoying. :D

alanrotoi

November rain has one of the best guitar solo ever (at the end).

edit: After Rata Blanca - Guerrero del Arco Iris (minute 2:23)

edit 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3U2VdCxKuE

Chulk

Quote from: alanrotoi on August 29, 2012, 03:17:24 AM
November rain has one of the best guitar solo ever (at the end).

edit: After Rata Blanca - Guerrero del Arco Iris (minute 2:23)

edit 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3U2VdCxKuE
I couldn't agree more. Only one cord-instrument solo can beat that, and it's
Flight of the bumblebee
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

The sad fact is that I also like November Rain.

BonzaiJoe

Alternative rock -> glam/metal/rock'n'roll

Best guitar solo ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1UD3cfYrDM  (4:23 - 6:00)

The flight of the bumblebee thing was pretty amazing, but of course it doesn't "speak to me" like the above song.

CTG

dreadnaut

There was a month, a few years ago, when I kept waking up at 4:54 in the night. Sometimes I would be fully awake, sometimes half asleep, just enough to check the time. And every time the watch read 4:54.

After 6-7 times, it became slightly creepy. So one night I woke up and refused to look at the time. Got up, went to the toilet, wandered to the kitchen, then back to bed. There curiosity finally won, and I checked the time.

4:54, again.

Just stopped happening a week later, if I remember correctly. Watch wan't broken, by the way :)

CTG

There's another one in the night: 2:09. Usually I can't fall asleep earlier than that - only lying in the bed.

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: dreadnaut on August 08, 2013, 10:53:33 PM
There was a month, a few years ago, when I kept waking up at 4:54 in the night. Sometimes I would be fully awake, sometimes half asleep, just enough to check the time. And every time the watch read 4:54.

After 6-7 times, it became slightly creepy. So one night I woke up and refused to look at the time. Got up, went to the toilet, wandered to the kitchen, then back to bed. There curiosity finally won, and I checked the time.

Just stopped happening a week later, if I remember correctly. Watch wan't broken, by the way :)

Creepy! But maybe it was some scheduled event happening outside which woke you up - like the first bus going by or something.

Chulk

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on August 09, 2013, 12:32:16 PM

Creepy! But maybe it was some scheduled event happening outside which woke you up - like the first bus going by or something.
That wouldn't explain why he woke up earlier, went to the bathroom and wasted some minutes before checking and still it was 4:54
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on August 09, 2013, 06:44:24 PM
Quote from: BonzaiJoe on August 09, 2013, 12:32:16 PM

That wouldn't explain why he woke up earlier, went to the bathroom and wasted some minutes before checking and still it was 4:54

Maybe it's your own time sense.