News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Hands

Started by alanrotoi, March 28, 2015, 09:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

Who and how many pipsqueaks are left handed?

- Alan Rotoi

Shoegazing Leo

- Shoegazing Leo, but uses mouse like right-handed or left-handed when it's with a tired right hand.

Duplode

Interesting facts! Do you handle the car with the weaker hand? Or do you drive cross-handed? (As for me, I'm right-handed)

alanrotoi

Yep, I'm left handed. I use my right hand on the numpad and the left on A-Z keys.

BonzaiJoe

We don't use any of the same keys for driving. I use the arrow keys and space/enter.
But we can't be quite sure.

Chulk

I'm right handed. Arrows + A-Z
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

alanrotoi

Quote from: alanrotoi on March 31, 2015, 03:15:00 PM
I'm left handed. I use my right hand on the numpad and the left on A-Z keys.

A lot of new people so I ask again. Are you left handed? What keys you use to drive and shift?

Daniel3D

I'm right handed. Arrows + A-Z.
But I'm still (after 27 years of racing games)
Terrible at shifting, so. Basically...

Just Arrow keys.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Frieshansen

I´m also right handed an drive with arrow- and a/z-keys.

Cas

I am right handed and I used to play Stunts with the arrow keys plus Space and Enter. I did it that way until I started participating in ZakStunts. Then, I learnt that A/Z also worked. I quickly switched.

When I say I'm right handed, I mean I write with my right hand, but in reality, there are just as many things I do with each hand. Like, I open threaded capped bottles with my left hand exclusively and also, I shuffle card decks with my left hand. I can't do it the other way.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

dreadnaut

Quote from: Cas on April 30, 2022, 06:53:31 PM
When I say I'm right handed, I mean I write with my right hand, but in reality, there are just as many things I do with each hand.

That could be "cross-dominance". I am in a similar situation: I write with my right hand, use the mouse with the left. I also fan out playing cards "the opposite way", which is a problem with decks that have symbols on only two corners. When I tell people I'm bothered by right-handed decks, they look at me strangely :D

Cas

Yes, that is what happens. Some things I have a preference, but I can do with the other hand, like holding a mug, for example, which I usually do with my left hand. But other things, I'm just completely useless if I try to do it with the other hand, like shuffling a car deck with my right hand or shaving with my left hand. About the car deck and the threaded caps, those are things I hadn't noticed that I was doing with "the other hand" until other people pointed it out to me.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Daniel3D

I was fully right handed. but after a case of RSI and a deadline I learned to be more ambidextrous. I still favour right though.
I tie my shoes ambidextrous, it's faster and more secure.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

JTK

KHR was a left hand pipsqueak.
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

Daniel3D

Quote from: JTK on May 10, 2022, 03:31:35 PM
KHR was a left hand pipsqueak.
is a pipsqueak.
He may not be active. But you never retire from stunts.
You two are the reason I still play. Although I didn't dare to enter into a competition I raced since 2003 on your tracks.
So, next year is my 20 year anniversary as shadow pipsqueak,   8)
Edison once said,
---------
---------