News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Restunts repository - Git mirror

Started by dreadnaut, March 19, 2021, 12:00:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel3D

Quote from: llm on October 31, 2021, 05:45:05 PM
QuoteBut I automatically start CMD as administrator.
bad idea, in any way  :o
I know, bad practice. I needed administrator rights regularly for a while so it became automatic.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Daniel3D

Quote from: Daniel3D on October 30, 2021, 02:51:35 PM
Well, I use tasm32 and that saves a lot of time.
Tlink is only one DOSBox execute (and not over 40 time's opening and closing DOSBox like tasmbox does)
So, I'm content with the setup.
Tried compiling with subst drive and tasm32 instead of tasmbox.
Tlink gave an error that seg0001 contains a 32bit something..
So tasm32 doesn't seem to work out of the box..
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Daniel3D

Quote from: llm on October 31, 2021, 09:52:04 AM
Dont forget to re-add the /zi and /v parameter or else you wont get source level debbuging, but just binary level debugging, like in dosbox
I tried debugging but something goes wrong in the setpath in dosbox. (see image below)

when i go to tools en run "td s:\stunts\restunto.exe" it loads, but it doesn't run (probably because it runs from the wrong dir)

Moving TD to the stunts dir solves it, but isn't clean.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

llm

FYI: i currently try to fix the IDA Database and port the findings over to IDA Freeware 5 (the only free, DOS-exe able version)
so that all of you can also use IDA for adding findings

Daniel3D

Quote from: llm on November 01, 2021, 08:05:31 AM
FYI: i currently try to fix the IDA Database and port the findings over to IDA Freeware 5 (the only free, DOS-exe able version)
so that all of you can also use IDA for adding findings
https://bigsoundbank.com/UPLOAD/wav/1020.wav
Edison once said,
---------
---------

llm

my current problem is:

the /asmorig and /asm files are generated based on one of these IDA databases (clvn only did changes in IDA and then generate the asm)
so one of the idb (game2.idb or game3_mod.idb) is the latest version - or maybe even more documented then the asmorig/asm code

its unclear what the best version is - need to re-run the script etc.

Info: it does not change anything in the resulting binaries - its only more findings, function names and comments - its irrelevant for assembly
if we are just outputing a bunch of not understand bytes or if that is a cleanly disassembled routine - its only for the viewer, not the machine

to bring back that automatism stuff is the only way ever be able to port it cleanly

llm

checked it!

game_mod3.idb is the correct one

1. i've fixed license issues that prevents the IDA database from loading (replaced that with the freeware license)
2. run the src\idc\anders.idc script in IDA

this generates mini/minor changes in the asm/asmorig files (maybe due to a more up to date license)
and a new status.hml (just the inner timestamp changed)

next step will be to proove if i can bring that info to the freeware IDA version - with the same results

so the process still seems to work

UPDATE: i can't (easily) transfer the information into IDA Freeware 5 (the export script contains some stuff that is unknown to IDA 5)
nor Ghidra - Ghidras export-Script of IDA idb just crashes somewhere in between (need to file an issue)

dreadnaut

Quote from: dreadnaut on March 19, 2021, 12:00:36 AMI have mirrored dstien's SVN repository for restunts to BitBucket, both to have a backup and for ease of access. I don't intend for any work to go ahead on it, but it's useful to point at files.

https://bitbucket.org/dreadnaut/restunts/

Tired of Bitbucket and Atlassian quirks, I have migrated all my repositories to GitHub for the moment. The last remaining on Bitbucket is the mirror of Restunts. Should I migrate it as well, or do we have a more official (non-SVN) place for its code at this point?

I know @dstien put stunpack online, not sure if restunts also exists somewhere.

Daniel3D

Quote from: dreadnaut on November 05, 2023, 12:50:14 PMTired of Bitbucket and Atlassian quirks, I have migrated all my repositories to GitHub for the moment. The last remaining on Bitbucket is the mirror of Restunts. Should I migrate it as well, or do we have a more official (non-SVN) place for its code at this point?
You made me curious.. (not that hard, I know)

What about: Gogs..

Gogs is a Go-based, open-source Git server designed for self-hosting. It welcomes both public and private repositories, offering a web interface with extensive configuration options.

Its unique features include support for SSH keys and HTTP authentication and the ability to manage multiple repositories.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Daniel3D

Quote from: dreadnaut on November 05, 2023, 12:50:14 PMI know @dstien put stunpack online, not sure if restunts also exists somewhere.
Not to my knowledge at least. But he did update stressed on his GitHub.

QuoteAdd option to build for DOS using Watcom compiler
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Cas

I would like to also have it mirrored non-SVN-ly at some point. Maybe the cleanest, earliest version, just generated would be good to have it at several places.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Duplode

Quote from: dreadnaut on November 05, 2023, 12:50:14 PMTired of Bitbucket and Atlassian quirks, I have migrated all my repositories to GitHub for the moment. The last remaining on Bitbucket is the mirror of Restunts. Should I migrate it as well, or do we have a more official (non-SVN) place for its code at this point?

Migrating sounds good -- for one, Bitbucket's online code browsing is pretty bad, which gets irritating while chatting about the code. I don't think there is any relevant amount of links from the outside world to the current repository. For the most part, it's just a smattering of references in forum/Telegram archives, plus a handful of branches @Daniel3D and me might want to bring over.

(It's worth noting that there is a restunts clone/fork at GitHub, namely the one set up by @xor2003 at https://github.com/xor2003/restunts . I have occasionally used permalinks to it out of frustration with Bitbucket's interface.)

llm

Quote from: dreadnaut on November 05, 2023, 12:50:14 PMI know @dstien put stunpack online, not sure if restunts also exists somewhere.

dstien isn't the initial creator/svn maintainer of restunts - clvn is - so he never controlled the source

Daniel3D

Quote from: llm on November 07, 2023, 06:38:29 AM

dstien isn't the initial creator/svn maintainer of restunts - clvn is - so he never controlled the source
Yeah, I know. But dstien is traceable to an extent outside this community. I know nothing about clvn. So impossible to tell for me if he maintains a copy..
Edison once said,
---------
---------

llm

Quote from: Daniel3D on November 07, 2023, 06:59:33 AMI know nothing about clvn. So impossible to tell for me if he maintains a copy..

last change to the "official" svn server (seems to be down) from clvn is from ~2015