News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Newbie scoreboard and progression

Started by dreadnaut, September 19, 2021, 10:45:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel3D

For those hesitating to opt out of the amateur scoreboard... Don't become a Mazespin  ;D
Better to let yourself be forced out on points 😜
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

dreadnaut

One thing that Alan pointed out to me: if an amateur joins a team with pro pipsqueaks, does he/she still count as an amateur?

Daniel3D

I think that being an amateur or not depends on personal experience and growth. Wether or not you are part of a team should not matter.
I've been in a team last season, it doesn't make me a different driver. It does make me more involved.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

alanrotoi

Quote from: dreadnaut on January 19, 2022, 07:03:10 PM
One thing that Alan pointed out to me: if an amateur joins a team with pro pipsqueaks, does he/she still count as an amateur?

Yep and it's not only about being amateur or not, also it's a team thing. If the team developes a trick or finds a shortcut and they want to keep them for their own (hidding from non-teammates pipsqueaks or competition opponents) it is totally legal. This information would leak through the amateur league members because they only can send public replays.

Duplode

Quote from: alanrotoi on January 19, 2022, 09:35:30 PM
This information would leak through the amateur league members because they only can send public replays.

Fortunately, that rule was changed so that amateur league pipsqueaks can post non-public replays like everyone else.

Quote from: dreadnaut on January 19, 2022, 07:03:10 PM

I think they should count. The amateur league and the team system are both supposed to encourage pipsqueak participation and engagement; I feel it would be counterproductive to make people choose just one of them.

alanrotoi

Quote from: Duplode on January 19, 2022, 11:28:16 PM
Quote from: alanrotoi on January 19, 2022, 09:35:30 PM
This information would leak through the amateur league members because they only can send public replays.

Fortunately, that rule was changed so that amateur league pipsqueaks can post non-public replays like everyone else.

Really? Then everything is allright :D

dreadnaut

In the excitement of the server upgrade, I have forgotten an important detail: @Frieshansen has been promoted out of the Amateur league, starting from ZCT254.

According to the experimental rules for 2022, reaching the podium twice in previous races means he has gained 10 experience points, and the effect is immediate. In the current implementation, this doesn't mean he loses his amateur scoreboard points, so he is still on track for the Amateur title, but unable to gain more points there.

Any comments before I apply the change?

alanrotoi

So this year is the last being in amateur league. Deserved achievement!

Daniel3D

Edison once said,
---------
---------

Frieshansen

KyLiE

Quote from: dreadnaut on September 10, 2022, 02:38:35 PMAny comments before I apply the change?

I was actually thinking about this recently and wondering when the change would take effect.  It sounds good to me.

Cas

Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

dreadnaut

Done. Congratulations to Frieshansen for the promotion, some hard work there!

Frieshansen

Thanks, now the hard life of a junior-professional begins :)  I'll do my best to live up to that.

Daniel3D

Quote from: dreadnaut on September 10, 2022, 02:38:35 PMIn the excitement of the server upgrade, I have forgotten an important detail: @Frieshansen has been promoted out of the Amateur league, starting from ZCT254.

According to the experimental rules for 2022, reaching the podium twice in previous races means he has gained 10 experience points, and the effect is immediate. In the current implementation, this doesn't mean he loses his amateur scoreboard points, so he is still on track for the Amateur title, but unable to gain more points there.

Any comments before I apply the change?
A comment after you apply the change..

The rule is good but a bit ridged.
How about 10 xp in the last 12 driven races.
And an opt back to amateur if one does not reach 10? xp in 12 races anymore.

As incentive to keep being qualified as pro, but if one has less time to race a chance to step back and keep it interesting for the driver.

Of course if a former pro starts preforming like one again the promotion to pro is immediate as soon as ex is gained.
Edison once said,
---------
---------