News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZCT246 - ReGeneration?

Started by CTG, December 20, 2021, 09:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyLiE

Regarding this track in the permanent competition on Race For Kicks, Duplode's idea was to include it as an informal way for people to post their GAR replays, since there is no GAR competition on ZakStunts this year.  With this in mind, if you are racing freestyle and using replay handling on this track, I recommend posting your replay on ZakStunts.

dreadnaut

I remember finding the cork l/r jump trick impossible to reproduce and very frustrating when I started. It is still quite frustrating, but I can understand if new people, for example Ryoma, find similar things not fun at all. Fun things are "a bit challenging", not super-human looking.

Something that has helped me in the past years has been understanding the mechanics of the game, so I'll try to describe it here:

Jumping out of the side of a cork with a 90° or ever 180° degrees angle relies on two Stunts bugs:

1. when a car lands with the steering wheel off-centre, it starts a slide-turn;
2. when a car in a slide-turn gets in the air, it keeps turning mid-air, with the angular speed proportional to the turn speed, and (apparently?) inversely proportional to the linear speed of the car.

The cork trick works like this then:

- you use the entry "step" of the cork to cause a small jump
- turn the steering wheel before landing, so that the car starts a slide-turn
- continue slide turn until the car reaches the end of the cork
- fly out of the cork from the side

The angle of the cork wall defines the plane of rotation of the mid-air slide-turn:
- fly out close to the ground, and the car will turn just above the road, and land very soon
- fly out from the vertical wall, and the car will continue straight ahead, but in an arc — and probably crash
- fly out from the 30-45-60° parts of the circle, that's the right way!

The car will turn mid-air, and rise, making it possible to land of top of tunnels, turn 90°, or even 180° at lower speeds.

— That's how it works in my mind at least, others might have a more correct model.

Cas

I need to really take some time to "study" Stunts racing, ha, ha. I'm not skilled, but this is in part because I don't insist when I see I can't perform a certain trick. Following instructions, surely I'm more likely to succeed, but I still have to try and insist. I should do that
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

alanrotoi

Let's revive the Section Time Analysis!!
I wrote down in an excel spreadsheet all the laps of the 20 pipsqueaks in 8 checkpoints all over the track. It is very interesting how the positions changes all the time during the race!

Please if somebody can make the chart (and all the info/calculation you want) and post here we could finish it to publish in the Statistics section!

I'll attach here: the excel spreadsheet, a track map with the checkpoints and a picture of the spreadsheet to those who can't read .xlsx files ;)

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

alanrotoi

Great thank you! We only need a chart... but it could be published now :D

Daniel3D

Quote from: Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister on February 13, 2022, 06:25:18 PM
Sector time analysis added.
So, with all the fastest sector times of the Lancia in sequence, the fastest time could have been 1:00:25...

thats kind of all i can say about this track, won't have time to race untill at least an other 2 weeks unfortunatly
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

alanrotoi

Quote from: Daniel3D on February 13, 2022, 10:54:37 PM
thats kind of all i can say about this track, won't have time to race untill at least an other 2 weeks unfortunatly
Oh is a work travel?  ::)

Daniel3D

Quote from: alanrotoi on February 13, 2022, 11:16:14 PM
Quote from: Daniel3D on February 13, 2022, 10:54:37 PM
Oh is a work travel?  ::)
Nah, a combination of work, education and family matters.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)