News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Track of the Year 2023

Started by dreadnaut, December 31, 2023, 03:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreadnaut

In 2023, at the end of each race, we asked participants to rate the track from 1 to 5 stars. Single votes and averages have been hidden during the season, but here we are for the grand reveal!

The Track of the Year 2023, with 15 votes and 4.1 stars on average is...
ZCT260: Sheepshank Knot, designed by Cas

Runner ups:
4.0 (16 votes) - ZCT263: Secret Level, by Alan Rotoi
4.0 (16 votes) - ZCT269: Yella Valley, by dreadnaut

Pretty good ones:
3.9 (15 votes) - ZCT262: Coastal Revenge, by KyLiE
3.9 (15 votes) - ZCT264: Fo(u)rtified, by dreadnaut
3.8 (17 votes) - ZCT266: Crazy Valley, by Daniel3D
3.7 (15 votes) - ZCT265: Sinkhole, by Shoegazing Leo
3.6 (16 votes) - ZCT258: A Blast from the Past, by JTK
3.5 (16 votes) - ZCT261: Thiers, by Krys TOFF
3.5 (15 votes) - ZCT268: Penrose, by Frieshansen

We liked these less:
3.1 (17 votes) - ZCT259: The Hare and the Hedgehog, by Argammon
3.1 (15 votes) - ZCT267: The Britney Spears Movie, by Overdrijf

Thank you all for casting your votes, great to see good numbers across all tracks! Final ratings will appear on the track list tomorrow.

Any feedback on the voting system itself is welcome! (see also: 2022)

Duplode

Congratulations @Cas ! Great track, memorable race, and it's heartwarming to see the GTO race take the title  :D The most unexpected rating for me was ZCT267, which was in my personal top 3 -- I guess that, without Akoss on the calendar this time, there nonetheless had to be some track in which I'd be sharply at odds with the average...

Cas

Wow!  There had been a lot of talk about my track at that time as regards it allowing PG with the Ferrari, so I'm surprised it reached the top. Seems it was fun to race anyway!

I've been taking a look at the different tracks and it's curious how the average scores are completely different from my scoring of each track, so I understand Duplode's surprise
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Spoonboy

I've loved many of this season's tracks, but Crazy Valley was most memorable for me. I learnt a lot of new skills there, and saw some very creative solutions from others.