News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZCT258 - A blast from the past

Started by alanrotoi, January 17, 2023, 10:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

Mark Nailwood in the scoreboard!  8)  8)

Duplode

And he's back right in the thick of the action! Amazing  8)

Argammon

MCLaren in action. No penalty time, of course.  8)

alanrotoi

Quote from: Argammon on February 04, 2023, 09:20:39 PMMCLaren in action. No penalty time, of course.  8)

Interesting... Then still it's a challenge against Lacia.

By the way, Mark Nailwood now reach 4th place. One step to the podium!

Argammon

Quote from: alanrotoi on February 05, 2023, 03:01:09 AM
Quote from: Argammon on February 04, 2023, 09:20:39 PMMCLaren in action. No penalty time, of course.  8)

Interesting... Then still it's a challenge against Lacia.

By the way, Mark Nailwood now reach 4th place. One step to the podium!

Welcome Mark! It is great to be racing against such a legend. Your time is very good considering you are using auto gears.  :)

dreadnaut

@Mark Nailwood — by creating a new account, you start in the "Amateur" scoreboard. If you feel you don't belong there, you can ask to be promoted immediately ;D

dreadnaut

dreadnaut

@Zapper, you sent two replays with the same time—your best time!—and ZakStunts can't deal with that ;D

I've removed the second you posted from the scoreboard, but I'm attaching it here

alanrotoi

This was the most race track since zct94 (2009) with 151 replays sent.

Mark Nailwood

Quote from: dreadnaut on February 05, 2023, 12:57:57 PM@Mark Nailwood — by creating a new account, you start in the "Amateur" scoreboard. If you feel you don't belong there, you can ask to be promoted immediately ;D
Well, I have to admit, position 8 in my comeback race is better than expected. And hey, I also managed to place my name at one of the car podiums!  8)

@dreadnaut - I think after more than 20 years of retirement, it's ok if I race at least my comeback season in the amateuer league (if no one of the other amateurs objects). Or is there also a league for "Resurrected professionals"?  ;)

Looking forward to the next track. Thanks to all for the warm welcome in the community!

alanrotoi

I must congratulate you Mark. I always saw your impressive records. After you retired there were a couple of "revolutions" of pipsqueaks and the performance improved quiet a lot. You are a good pipsqueak, no doubt, but  I bet you are also a very competitive man.

Zapper

Quote from: dreadnaut on February 12, 2023, 12:40:17 AM@Zapper, you sent two replays with the same time—your best time!—and ZakStunts can't deal with that ;D

I've removed the second you posted from the scoreboard, but I'm attaching it here
Hi @dreadnaut, I was in doubt of what file I had submitted, so I'm guilt in causing confusion ZakStunts.  ::)

dreadnaut

Ahha, no worries. I should fix the code, but it'll take me a bit ;D

Duplode

That was a really good comeback race indeed, @Mark Nailwood -- great to see!  :)

Quote from: alanrotoi on February 12, 2023, 01:33:47 AMThis was the most race track since zct94 (2009) with 151 replays sent.

With the replays sent in the final half-hour, we ended at 157 replays (or 158, counting Zapper's alternate!), which is the highest since ZCT049 in 2005!

There were plenty of interesting things going on in ZCT258. Just for starters, one replay that is squarely in the must-watch playlist is @Argammon 's final GTO lap (direct download link), which dislodged me from the top of the GTO podium. Watching it, one can't help but wonder how far that line could be taken...

This race definitely calls for the classic spreadsheet analysis. I'll look into doing it soon!

Duplode

To go along with Daniel3D's guest article, here is the ZCT258 analysis!

Sector definitions:

Split times (non-Lancia laps had their times corrected):

Sector times:

Reverse gaps:

Top 12 chart:

Some quick, far from exhaustive comments:

• The top 12 was within 8 seconds, and there were lots of battles!

• Many of these battles were decided on the fast sectors (7 to 9) at the end of the track.

• Argammon's unique shortcut around the hill in between sectors 5 and 6 was effective, in that it bring him to the lead at the end of sector 6. However, I managed to creep back to the front over the remainder of the track.

• Ryoma remained in the thick of the battle for fourth place through most of the race, until the LM002 was found wanting in the fast final stretch.

For the full data, see the attached workbook.