News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZCT 259 The Hare and the Hedehog.

Started by Argammon, February 07, 2023, 05:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Argammon

I just sent the track to dreadnaut. Please excuse the silly title, I guess that happens when you have small kids.  8)

Sneak Preview:

-dual way: One newbie friendly way, and one that is a bit more challenging. The boring way may be useful for live racing.
-both ways take approximately the same time, which is faster depends on the car used.
-a lot of water to make way switching more difficult.
+10% to the Pantera because it is a cool car!

Duplode

Great title! It kinda makes me want to race in blue  :)

Cas

Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

afullo

At first glance I read the Hare and the Hondt, as electoral systems...  ;D

Friker

Argammon

Did anybody try whether it works? If it does and is fast enough, maybe ban it before the race starts officially.

Sorry for the blunder. :/

Duplode

Quote from: Friker on February 12, 2023, 07:22:08 PMWhy this "shortcut" does not work?

Because it should be banned according to The Venerable Precedent :D See also: ZCT136, ZCT146, ZCT244... (cc @dreadnaut for confirmation.)

Cas

It's very well calibrated. Yet, I've had a slightly better result as the Hare :)
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Friker

Ok, it does work (maybe it is faster). :) I did not know it is banned. I though it is a part of a desing (third equally quick path). Good thing is I asked about it. :)

dreadnaut

Yes, I would say banned in advance, as unplanned — as Argammon mentioned earlier.

Argammon

I did not balance it so I would suggest to ban it. Could you please write a sentence above the track so there is no confusion?

Thanks and sorry for the trouble.  :)

Argammon

Quote from: Friker on February 12, 2023, 08:48:24 PMOk, it does work (maybe it is faster). :) I did not know it is banned. I though it is a part of a desing (third equally quick path). Good thing is I asked about it. :)

I would be curious to see whether that route is faster indeed.  :)

Friker

Quote from: Argammon on February 13, 2023, 11:13:49 AM
Quote from: Friker on February 12, 2023, 08:48:24 PMOk, it does work (maybe it is faster). :) I did not know it is banned. I though it is a part of a desing (third equally quick path). Good thing is I asked about it. :)

Then do not ban it. :)

Argammon

Quote from: Friker on February 13, 2023, 11:24:05 AM

It's not my decision. I trust the judgement of dreadnaut and Duplode who have much more experience. Imagine, I would suggest not to ban it and it turned out to be 10 seconds faster!  8)

Friker

Quote from: Argammon on February 13, 2023, 02:11:45 PM
Quote from: Friker on February 13, 2023, 11:24:05 AM

It's not my decision. I trust the judgement of dreadnaut and Duplode who have much more experience. Imagine, I would suggest not to ban it and it turned out to be 10 seconds faster!  8)

To be honest.. at least I wouldn't be driving a straight line most of the time. :) Unfortunately, this type of track is completely out of my possibilities (I like to spend the least amount of time to produce half-decent result).