News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Combining two tracks into one

Started by mrdries, May 27, 2023, 11:47:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdries

Quote from: Cas on June 03, 2023, 10:28:29 PMThat oak tree looks cool!

Yeah, was lucky with that tree.  Thanks.

Anyway, if it would work out with combining the physical properties of track elements, the possible combinations are enormous.

Like a bridge ramp, the one that's not fully supported, if you'd place it sideways into a pipe, with collision properties and all, the block of the ramp would block half the pipe, either the left side or the right side. So having such track elements might let you do a zigzag into a pipe.
But that's just one option. It's possible to combine a tunnel with a pipe, a highway, a banked road, road blocks.
And then it would be possible to combine those in many combinations by putting them one after another on a track.

So there are so many options. Other things that are possible is creating obstacles on a highway or a banked road... banked road in a tunnel... so many ways...

Overdrijf

I'd be up for an "alternative Game1" race. Maybe in NTT, because it already runs a separate copy of the game?

mrdries

Well, Game1.3sh is fine, all the graphics work pretty fine now.
I did remove the tunnel with the road blocks inside them cause it wasn't that handy.
Game2.3sh included if you'd like a different tree.

You cannot view this attachment.

Daniel3D

We could do that. But only if it doesn't change the gameplay (impaired vision or could cause confusion)
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

mrdries

Yeah, to keep things fair. I understand.

I cut the green from my "tree road blocks". Only the trunks remain. Less fancy but clear view.

mrdries

Okay, made some changes to the road blocks. They've become "bushes of steel".
That's it. I think this may be the final version, if everything works fine.
Haven't changed the tunnel and the pipe. Didn't know what to do with them.
Bridges remained the same. They're in GAME2.3SH.

Overdrijf

Quote from: Daniel3D on June 05, 2023, 07:12:22 PMWe could do that. But only if it doesn't change the gameplay (impaired vision or could cause confusion)

I'm fine with a little extra challenge.

Sure,you could sort of cheat by not using the new visuals, but why do that?

mrdries

Yeah, I guess there might be people who may think it wouldn't matter, not knowing there's some difference in game play because of the graphics.

Still had these shapes laying around. Wanted to make them into a tree. Didn't look so good. Converted them to bushes.

I wouldn't mind the extra challenge myself though.  :) I mean, those "tree road blocks" have something to offer.

Daniel3D

Quote from: Overdrijf on June 06, 2023, 01:05:11 PM
Quote from: Daniel3D on June 05, 2023, 07:12:22 PMWe could do that. But only if it doesn't change the gameplay (impaired vision or could cause confusion)

So am I, but if not everyone uses the modded version the competition is not equal.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Overdrijf

Quote from: Daniel3D on June 06, 2023, 02:10:08 PM
Quote from: Overdrijf on June 06, 2023, 01:05:11 PM

So am I, but if not everyone uses the modded version the competition is not equal.

Yeah, sure, but for a race like this, is a little bit of possibility for maybe cheating a bit sort of really more important than the fun?

Sometimes I feel we take the concept of fairness a little far.

mrdries

Yeah, I see your point.

Well, I guess you could mention which track element you used.
If you don't mind a little disadvantage, you could take the extra challenge.
If you want to be sure that no one could get an unfair advantage, you could use the track elements that give you no disadvantage.
Then you'd have 2 categories, like those people who do speed runs, they often have several categories too.

mrdries

Oh, I forgot, you guys have categories of replay handling and no replay handling too.
Never done a race myself. I did notice those track times were peculiarly fast. And I remember seeing cars being teleported for some reason.  :)

Overdrijf

Quote from: mrdries on June 06, 2023, 08:48:54 PMOh, I forgot, you guys have categories of replay handling and no replay handling too.
Never done a race myself. I did notice those track times were peculiarly fast. And I remember seeing cars being teleported for some reason.  :)

Do you mean the cars phasing through seemingly solid obstacles like slaloms and loops, or have you been watching the Ayrton 2008 video?

Daniel3D

The game has a few bugs features that allow for amazing stunts.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

mrdries

Quote from: Overdrijf on June 06, 2023, 09:19:21 PM
Quote from: mrdries on June 06, 2023, 08:48:54 PMOh, I forgot, you guys have categories of replay handling and no replay handling too.

Do you mean the cars phasing through seemingly solid obstacles like slaloms and loops, or have you been watching the Ayrton 2008 video?

I've seen a car phasing, on a slalom. I think. I've also seen cars being teleported, I do think, but perhaps that had to do with the track? I remember playing a track named !T3000! and it had peculiar effects.

Anyway, that video is amazing. Going over water... at one point he seems to take a corner in the air...I don't know.  :)

Yeah, very special physics and tricks alright.