News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Combining two tracks into one

Started by mrdries, May 27, 2023, 11:47:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Overdrijf

Quote from: mrdries on June 06, 2023, 09:51:00 PMI've seen a car phasing, on a slalom. I think. I've also seen cars being teleported, I do think, but perhaps that had to do with the track? I remember playing a track named !T3000! and it had peculiar effects.

Anyway, that video is amazing. Going over water... at one point he seems to take a corner in the air...I don't know.  :)

Yeah, very special physics and tricks alright.

You can't steer in the air, not without a modified car. But you can jump while you're slipping. When that happens the car keeps changing direction in the air. But Stunts stores your speed relative to the direction the car is pointing, so if you keep turning in the air like that you can actually jump around a corner.

I'd be very curious as to what you saw when you saw the teleporting, how that happened. It sounds a bit like it might be a bug I don't know about. What do you remember about it? Any idea where that track came from?

I have teleported to the roof of the world by falling through the floor, but that's its own thing.

mrdries

Here's the track I mentioned. It seems to teleport you.

I think that's what I saw. But I'm not sure. It was quite a few years back. Perhaps, back then, I thought about racing in Stunts. I checked out a replay. And then I noticed those glitches they were using. Never had seen anything like it.

Anyway, you guys are glitch experts.

Daniel3D

Quote from: mrdries on June 07, 2023, 09:29:16 AMHere's the track I mentioned. It seems to teleport you.

I think that's what I saw. But I'm not sure. It was quite a few years back. Perhaps, back then, I thought about racing in Stunts. I checked out a replay. And then I noticed those glitches they were using. Never had seen anything like it.

Anyway, you guys are glitch experts.
The almost magical effects that are pulled of by the top drivers are impressive.
But that can also make new players shy away.
I knew about the community for over a decade before I joined. You're welcome to join the races, we have four competitions at the moment  8)
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Cas

Yeah, I can't drive the amazing magic style of Ayrton and I've never been in a ZakStunts podium, but I always keep on racing. Also, you can choose the style you feel the most comfortable with:

https://zak.stunts.hu - Free-style, mostly everything is allowed, which leads top-pipsqueaks to produce incredible replays sometimes completely out of reach for an average guy here, but on the other hand, you have an opportunity to become one of them

https://www.raceforkicks.com - OWOOT, meaning you have to stay on track and execute all stunts, more conservative, where you compete with speed rather than with tricks. It's about skills accelerating, breaking and taking corners

https://ccc.mystunts.net - Also free-style, but with checkpoints that need to be respected and you can always try new, sometimes experimental, cars made by the community

https://ntt.mystunts.net - Free-style except that you can't rewind and continue to enhance your replays: you have to do it from start to finish in one go. This results in pipsqueaks not wanting to do something too risky, even though they're allowed to, so tricks are not as prevalent. Also, we race fast when we can, but try to not go super fast and end up crashing. If you're good at not crashing, this is the one for you
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

mrdries

Thanks!

Sounds nice. Might do it.  :)

Overdrijf

Quote from: mrdries on June 07, 2023, 09:29:16 AMHere's the track I mentioned. It seems to teleport you.

Ah, right, illusion elements. But not done the way we typically use them. Interesting...

mrdries

I modified some bridges.

Wooden bridge

An overgrown bridge, it has become a tunnel with a corner

Bridge with a view

You cannot view this attachment.

Cas

That looks good. It's a pity we have to always replace existing tiles to create others. I think from the track map preview in the track menu, modifications you make to the 3D graphics are updated too, because the image is generated from those. That's a good thing.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Overdrijf

The bridges are actually kind of cool for this idea. Both the straight pieces and the ramps have variations that are functionally the same or nearly the same, so you can do stuff like tunnels where some parts open up.

Nice.

mrdries

Yeah, glad you guys like them.
I can make long tunnels now.
They're not handy for people who race.
I enjoy the bridges myself. But I'm not much of a pipsqueak anyhow.
I'm already glad when I reach the end of a track.
I did learn a few tricks from Overdrijf's academy however. Which was interesting.

Duplode

Quote from: mrdries on June 13, 2023, 04:39:58 AMAn overgrown bridge, it has become a tunnel with a corner [...]

Bridge with a view [...]

These are pretty clever! They might come in handy if I ever get to convert Grand Valley Speedway  :)

mrdries

Quote from: Duplode on June 13, 2023, 11:31:21 PM
Quote from: mrdries on June 13, 2023, 04:39:58 AMAn overgrown bridge, it has become a tunnel with a corner [...]

Bridge with a view [...]

These are pretty clever! They might come in handy if I ever get to convert Grand Valley Speedway  :)

Well, I could give it a try. Unless you want to do it yourself, of course.

Is anyone open to a live race on the Grand Valley Speedway? (or another track)
Cause I was thinking, in a live race, everyone can see the actual track elements being used, right? Then everything is fair.

Duplode

Quote from: mrdries on June 14, 2023, 10:05:12 AMWell, I could give it a try. Unless you want to do it yourself, of course.

Though that one has been on the back of my mind for a long time, I can be really slow in kick-starting little projects like that. So if you feel like doing it, be my guest  :) 

mrdries

Hmm... well, seems a bit too hard for me, actually.

It did make me think about chicanes. Those are the only track elements I can think of that can be improved visually. Since they act as full asphalt tiles. But you can't see where the asphalt stops, unless you'd change the tile.

Here's the file, original with only the chicanes being changed.

You cannot view this attachment.

Here's a silly track.  :)

mrdries

Quote from: Duplode on June 15, 2023, 12:53:15 AM
Quote from: mrdries on June 14, 2023, 10:05:12 AMWell, I could give it a try. Unless you want to do it yourself, of course.

Though that one has been on the back of my mind for a long time, I can be really slow in kick-starting little projects like that. So if you feel like doing it, be my guest  :) 

Well, the thing is, it's not easy to do these curves. I'd want something similar to those curves in the actual track. The only way to do it, would be like using chicanes in that silly track above. But I would need to draw the roads on the chicane tiles. Now, in the Stunts menu there are 4 chicane tiles, two horizontal and two vertical.

I could draw 4 45° degree curves like this, on one tile.

Stunts would rotate that tile and then I would have all 8 of such 45° corners.
And those I could combine in many ways.

There are two chicanes in Game1.3sh. So I could also draw two chicanes on another chicane tile, one vertical and one horizontal. That tile would be rotated and then I would have all 4 of the chicanes.

The thing is, you'd still be able to shortcut all the corners, unless you had a referree or something. And I'm not sure anyone would race such a track anyhow.