News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZCT277 - SC2K

Started by Duplode, August 19, 2024, 10:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duplode

This is an interesting take on a slowish road track. I've found it quite enjoyable after a late start.

Cas

I should update my lap... if I have the time
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Spoonboy

Don't forget we have two days left to drive R4K! @Zapper will you join and drive your Mazda?!  ;)

Cas

It's so far the least active race in the whole season. Maybe people are unaware of the Mazda being featured  ???

Spoonboy

Quote from: Cas on August 23, 2024, 04:03:15 PMIt's so far the least active race in the whole season. Maybe people are unaware of the Mazda being featured  ???

I think I've mentioned it literally every time I've posted about this race lol  :P

dreadnaut

This lap closes with the best loop trick I've ever completed successfully, a 180° turn sliding into a loop in powergear. Unfortunately earlier in the replay I took the wrong path at a junction, so the lap doesn't complete :(

I'll leave it here for posterity

Zapper

Quote from: Spoonboy on August 23, 2024, 12:49:17 PMDon't forget we have two days left to drive R4K! @Zapper will you join and drive your Mazda?!  ;)
Hi @Spoonboy, I have not entered in any R4K event yet  ;) maybe after comming back from my vacations. Happy race with Mazda, feel free to let me know it performs well!

Spoonboy

Nice loop @dreadnaut!
And congratulations to all of the Doubleplusspeed crew on your emphatic victory!

Quote from: Zapper on August 25, 2024, 12:50:37 AM
Quote from: Spoonboy on August 23, 2024, 12:49:17 PMDon't forget we have two days left to drive R4K! @Zapper will you join and drive your Mazda?!  ;)
Hi @Spoonboy, I have not entered in any R4K event yet  ;) maybe after comming back from my vacations. Happy race with Mazda, feel free to let me know it performs well!

I've really enjoyed racing it - the Mazda is fast and controllable but good challenge to get right. It also seems happy to do high speed tricks!

Erik Barros

I should have mentioned a little about the history of this track beforehand. It was inspired by the game SimCity, basically the neighborhoods are blocks (residential, commercial and industrial). I tried to replicate this in the design of the land and the buildings. The first track that would be SimCity 1 was used in the live race organized by HunterBoy and then came version 2, SimCity 2000, or the game executable SC2K.exe

Spoonboy

@Erik Barros I hope the sims enjoyed the racing and that we didn't break any laws! ;D
I can put their taxes back up now  ;)

Erik Barros

Quote from: Spoonboy on August 26, 2024, 08:36:17 PM@Erik Barros I hope the sims enjoyed the racing and that we didn't break any laws! ;D
I can put their taxes back up now  ;)

Fortunately there were no earthquakes and no alien ships appeared.  ;D  ;D  ;D

alanrotoi

Cas

Oh, I've spent hours playing both SimCity versions. I remember staying up till the morning lights with the first one. The first version allowed you to print your city. You could do it all in one page, which looked tiny, or across many pieces of paper in good quality, so once, I had a city that took all the map and I decided I'd print it full size. It was a very long work for my matrix dot printer and then I had nothing to do with the result but look at it, but it was so cool!

Shoegazing Leo

There are a game called Streets Of SimCity where you can race at your cities.

Frieshansen

Quote from: Cas on August 29, 2024, 01:17:07 PM... I had a city that took all the map and I decided I'd print it full size. It was a very long work for my matrix dot printer and then I had nothing to do with the result but look at it, but it was so cool!

I did exactly the same thing. And it was indeed cool :)