News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

QR Code (Proof of concept)

Started by Erik Barros, September 04, 2024, 03:18:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erik Barros

Hello there, I was looking at some older live racing posts, seeing a post from Overdrijf gave me an idea!

I tried to replicate a QR code on the Stunts track and Great Scott!! It works.

The next step is to try to draw a circuit.

I used the me-qr website to generate the QR code with a static link and it already drew a 29x29 grid that I managed to replicate using Bliss.

The second image was taken using stcarto, with the "Transparent low ground" parameter

You cannot view this attachment.

alanrotoi

Cas

Wow... it's curious how the second image, before clicking on it, doesn't look at all like a QR code. Once it's resized, the browser does show a QR code. I can't test them because I don't use smartphone apps, but it looks very valid!
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Duplode

Google Lens does catch code from the full-size second picture! The contrast in the Bliss screenshot with the usual rendering is too low I think -- it works if you change the green to a bright one, though. 

dreadnaut

Quote from: Cas on September 07, 2024, 06:57:32 PMWow... it's curious how the second image, before clicking on it, doesn't look at all like a QR code. Once it's resized, the browser does show a QR code.

You are looking at a JPEG thumbnail of a transparent PNG, which gains a 'undefined' black background and heavy compression artifacts.

Cas

Quote from: dreadnaut on September 10, 2024, 07:11:51 PM
Quote from: Cas on September 07, 2024, 06:57:32 PMWow... it's curious how the second image, before clicking on it, doesn't look at all like a QR code. Once it's resized, the browser does show a QR code.

You are looking at a JPEG thumbnail of a transparent PNG, which gains a 'undefined' black background and heavy compression artifacts.
Ah!!  Yes, that makes sense. Really weird!
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.