News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Inter-event bonus exchange

Started by Cas, September 26, 2024, 11:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cas

I'm posting this here because it is not "besides Stunts", not specifically related to a particular tournament and not "Stunts chat" because it says "not related to competitions" and this is related to competitions ::) It not necessarily is about teams, but it well might.

This is an idea I briefly commented in the B-team thread. My idea is, with the purpose of raising interest in the different events and tournaments, including ZakStunts, R4K, CCC and the Live Races, what if we somehow coordinate to either issue points or some kind of status or benefits on each event to pipsqueaks who've participated or who have reached a certain position or result in other events?

This could include things like:
  • One extra point in R4K if you've participated in the most recent Live Race or another tournament during the last month
  • Generally, a benefit regarding choice of car or posting your own track or an additional one at one or more tournament if you've had more "participation point" added from all events than everybody else that month
  • Points or some other benefit outside ZakStunts related to being part of a certain team in ZakStunts or just the recognition of teams across events in some way
  • A single special yearly event of a type we still have to invent in which the most participating pipsqueaks of all events will receive some tribute or will be able to have a special place
  • Other ideas of that sort

These are just examples of things of this type that could be done. I don't mean any of those specifically to be implemented, but you get the general idea and could come up with other similar examples and perhaps we can pick the best of all and do something. What do you guys think?
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Duplode

(I moved this thread to the Portal subforum, as that's where we have discussed cross-competition ideas in the past.)

Cross-promotion of competitions is surely a worthy cause! Generally speaking, though, I'd note that some of the more concrete benefits, like regular bonus points for taking part in a different competition, have the downside of putting people with limited time to race in a more unfavourable position. Such problems might be mostly avoided with "softer" perks, like a reserved guest designer spot or an end-of-season prize, or with clearly delimited bonuses -- say, a special, sponsored live race which grants extra points in R4K.

dreadnaut

I like the idea, and I share Duplode's thoughts about 'soft perks' rather than directly affecting score.

If competition A can 'receive' points from competition B, it means that B is effectively part of A, so anyone participating in A should understand and accept that they compete for B points -- if they prefer not to, they forfeit these points.

Another variation could be "super-competitions" that only collects points from races held in others. A simple one could be "Most active pipsqueaks 202x", which tally participation in an agreed set of competitions and events.

Cas

That's a very good one. I'm thinking maybe we could establish a way to set a number of "points" from each tournament or event depending on the type and then that could show either at the portal or at something directly under the portal. Some list of top pipsqueaks across events or something. I'm also thinking each pipsqueak could have some kind of a universal profile where, say, if one wins a race, they can add the car they used to their list of cars (like car-trophies).
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

alanrotoi

popularity, difficulty, prestige?

Erik Barros

Quote from: alanrotoi on Yesterday at 01:31:28 AMpopularity, difficulty, prestige?

Stunts coins, Then it is possible to exchange for upgrades on the car   ;D