News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

survey: the games you`ve spent the most time on...

Started by ZakKrack, May 05, 2002, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Chulk

That is Fan Lift. B B B + LP if I remember correctly
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

alanrotoi

CTG

Codemasters F1 game is really disappointing. Few weeks ago I tested F1 2010, it's simply BAD. The only aspect with positive result was the music: Watercolour (Pendulum) became one of my favorite songs.

CTG

Friker

guys i am almost crying, remembering how much fun i had with all these games from the past.. especially with albion (it took whole year of my life to complete that monster), baldur's gate 2 (another 10 months?) + series. (uff.. we talk about these two games with my friend up to date)
I am surprised - no quake, commander keen, total war, duke nukem, winter/summer challange, ceasar, worms? i also liked little fighter 2 as we played mainly hotseat multiplayer.
my shoolmates living in a school hostel (how is it called?) still play age of empires 2 in a big style :) the famous quote to a girl who called them to a party: "hey partying is for gays, age is for real men!"
i had all-nighter in gaming many times, mostly with my friend and heroes 3..
surprisingly i've never played stunts so much.

BonzaiJoe

That sounds great - except for the Age of Empires players. That sounds a bit sad :-)
I also played Commander Keen (in order of time I spent on them: (4,6,,,,,,,dreams,,,,,,,,,5,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,1,,,,2,3)). Lise and I used to have contests about finishing Keen 4 and 6 quickly. Lise's record for Keen 4 is 14 minutes 48 seconds. It's pretty damn good (but of course some Korean kids on the internet have done it faster).
Winter Challenge and Summer Challenge were also great fun - at least if you liked pressing the Enter button a lot. Worms: sure, but I already consider that a different era.

Then there were the adventure games... Monkey Island, King's Quest, Leisure Suit Larry, Gold Rush, Space Quest, Police Quest and of course Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders (which I never completed).
But we can't be quite sure.

Chulk

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on March 10, 2012, 09:24:00 PM
Then there were the adventure games... Monkey Island, King's Quest, Leisure Suit Larry, Gold Rush, Space Quest, Police Quest and of course Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders (which I never completed).
No "Full Throttle"? I know it is not that old, but no doubt it is a classic.

A game I never managed to complete in that time and can't find now: Cyberia II
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

zaqrack

Quote from: Chulk on March 11, 2012, 10:04:53 AM
No "Full Throttle"? I know it is not that old, but no doubt it is a classic.

Great game - finished twice. Also The Dig is another great classic from the same age.
Lands of Lore Throne of Chaos? loved it!
True Love? I know Bonzai Joe also played this nice game :))

Zak

alanrotoi

CTG

Open TTD will be downloaded tonight - again.  8)

zaqrack

I am playing lately on our Wii regularly. Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 11 is a completely different kind of game than the original series, but it is quite fun.

Also like Mario Kart. Trackmania did not grab me.
From the non-racing genre, I play Super Mario (of course!) and several fitness games.

CTG

Subarctic scenario is completed, let's move to the desert!

BonzaiJoe

Recently I re-played a very old game, actually the first game I really liked when I was a kid - Captain Comic from 1988. In my memory it was long and winding, but these days it was actually a bit short. It wasn't easy though, as I had feared, and the pixelated backgrounds were very, very beautiful. I think there was a time around 1988-1992 when screen resolution in computer games made for beautiful and enchanting pictures which stay in the brain.
But we can't be quite sure.