News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Default

Started by CTG, October 21, 2002, 09:48:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonzaiJoe

1: crash
2: 1.04.75
3: crash
4: crash
5: crash
But we can't be quite sure.


Duplode

Have I ever mentioned that I would, in all likelihood, flop at a WSM? My ability to "clear my mind" for a single, do-or-die attempt is, to put it mildly, very unreliable.

1. 1:14.85
2. DNF (spun at first corner)
3. 1:10.75
4. 1:06.45
5. 1:08.75

Nice exercise. Maybe I will try it again next month...

zaqrack

#62
See the screenshot. Best time on try 4, 1:05.75
Gradual improvements (in the first lap I had to memorize the track again, long time since I played Default)
Crashed in the cork on try 3.
Try 5 started really well, candidate for sub 1:05, but then I made a mistake in the corner before the hill and no PG, so my time was doomed.

This was fun, we should do it more often.


CTG

#63
Have you ever tried Default in reverse direction? It fits me a lot better: relatively slow right corners at the beginning, fast lefts in the second half.
286,36 km

Friker

Quote from: CTG on January 10, 2013, 10:06:23 AM
Have you ever tried Default in reverse direction? It fits me a lot better: relatively slow right corners at the beginning, fast lefts in the second half.
CTG's got the point? :D

Chulk

I don't remember doing this!! Laps are NoRH + No shortcuts, right?
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

BonzaiJoe

Yes, but not strictly ISA rules.
But we can't be quite sure.


Chulk

Lap 1 - 1:11.75: Too cautious
Lap 2 -    DNF   : Stupid rookie mistake, hitting the red wall on the corkscrew
Lap 3 - 1:08.40: A little sliding on last corner cost me a few secs
Lap 4 - 1:05.55: Good clean lap
Lap 5 -    DNF   : All or nothing lap, crashing into the boulevard trying to get PG there
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

dreadnaut

Lap 1 - 1:15.80 - slow slow slow, too slow in those corner!
Lap 2 - DNF - jumped out of the bridge...
Lap 3 - 1:13.05
Lap 4 - 1:13.70 - uhm uhm uhm :|
Lap 5 - 1:10.70 - that's better!

Still, I tried to hit the boulevard twice and missed both times.

RacerBG

My little big achievements. ;D

Stunts full crazy man with top perfomance from backwards!

Duplode

#70
Time for a second shot at this. Engine started... and done!

#1: Missed completely the braking point at turn one, used the rest of the lap as a warm-up. 1:13.95
#2: Better, but still not good - dropping too low into 4th gear, then a scare after the bridge and running wide at the last corner into the dual-way rejoin... 1:07.50
#3: Rubbish; horribly slow second corner, lost focus after that. 1:11.75
#4: Unlucky short jump at the hill, slammed into the slalom block  :-X DNF
#5: This doesn't look good, I do not race well under pressure... but hey! a tense but clean lap, finally. 1:03.40

Chulk

I should give it a second shot too, now that I'm not that rusty. Tonight, after dinner.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

dreadnaut

1:13.05  forgot to slow down after the boulevard
DNF - flying out of the cork
1:11.15  meh before the cork
DNF - missing the bridge
1:09.95  under 1:10!

Chulk

#73
#1: Breaking too late in corner 1, almost sliding and touching the grass. Rest of the lap used to measure track elements' speed limits. 1:09.45
#2: Clean lap until the bridge, breaking too early at the end of it. 1:06.00
#3: Crappy corner before boulevard, crappy corner before bridge, no PG, lap ruined. 1:11.70
#4: Good lap all round, breaking too much in last left corner. 1:05.85
#5: Copy & Paste from previous one, breaking less at the end. 1:05.05 (see video)

PS: I didn't count as laps those where I hit the slalom blocks or when magic carpeting before first corner except lap #1 (3/4 laps not counted)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4XUPy9Lnt4&feature=youtu.be

Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on January 11, 2013, 03:08:45 AM
Lap 1 - 1:11.75: Too cautious
Lap 2 -    DNF   : Stupid rookie mistake, hitting the red wall on the corkscrew
Lap 3 - 1:08.40: A little sliding on last corner cost me a few secs
Lap 4 - 1:05.55: Good clean lap
Lap 5 -    DNF   : All or nothing lap, crashing into the boulevard trying to get PG there

Quote from: Chulk on February 12, 2013, 03:35:07 AM
#1: Breaking too late in corner 1, almost sliding and touching the grass. Rest of the lap used to measure track elements' speed limits. 1:09.45
#2: Clean lap until the bridge, breaking too early at the end of it. 1:06.00
#3: Crappy corner before boulevard, crappy corner before bridge, no PG, lap ruined. 1:11.70
#4: Good lap all round, breaking too much in last left corner. 1:05.85
#5: Copy & Paste from previous one, breaking less at the end. 1:05.05 (see video)

PS: I didn't count as laps those where I hit the slalom blocks or when magic carpeting before first corner except lap #1 (3/4 laps not counted)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4XUPy9Lnt4&feature=youtu.be



I should repeat it, too...
286,36 km