News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Politics around the world

Started by CTG, November 17, 2006, 11:30:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somehow I think Obama won't be a president for a long time. What do you think?

He'll be the president for 8 years.
7 (31.8%)
He'll be the president for 4 years.
7 (31.8%)
He'll fail earlier because of the economical crisis.
1 (4.5%)
He'll be murdered earlier by terrorists/Ku Klux Klan/McCain/Hillary Clinton :D
7 (31.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

By the way I won't be in Hungary on the day of the voting. I'll be coming home from Transylvania, and it's very possible that I won't be arriving to Kazincbarcika before the closure of voting.
Chürműű! :-)

1854.55 km

Usrin

Left-wing, as I guessed. (You know: Usrin will be a communist Slovak dictator, as predicted by Nostradamus!)
;)

Unfortunately the test doesn't ask our opinion about the leaders of the parties. That is a huge disadvantage for MSZP - full with corrupt, arrogant assholes knowing nothing about ordinary people's life, not really better than FIDESZ leaders. OK, if I voted I would choose KORMÁNYVÁLTÁS, even considering this. As Zak wrote, they would not interfere so much with our everyday life, and they are not "fighting" against EU. (As an organisation, EU is terribly bureaucratic and almost useless... but in my opinion it's still the best part of the world to live in.)

But actually I'm not voting this year, thanks to our government who made it almost impossible for me... Only those "offshore-Hungarians" are allowed to vote by mail, who don't have a registered address in Hungary (mostly members of the Hungarian minority in the neighbouring countries). Me, Zak and ca. 300 000 others who moved abroad for a job can vote ONLY at the Hungarian embassies. A trip to the embassy (in Oslo) would cost 150 EUR and take my entire Sunday... it does not worth that much. Why do we have these rules? Of course the government knows that people moving abroad are rarely happy with the conditions at home, and they would be opposition voters...
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

CTG

Your Fidesz points are too high, Usrin... :D

alanrotoi

What do you think about Crimea? It should be back russian? It should stay ucranian? Is legal the new ucranian government? Is Putin going too far? Is EU + USA going too far?

CTG

Quote from: alanrotoi on March 19, 2014, 06:58:57 AM
What do you think about Crimea? It should be back russian? It should stay ucranian? Is legal the new ucranian government? Is Putin going too far? Is EU + USA going too far?

Nothing, yes (if they really want to join back), no (unless they want to stay in Ukraine), I don't care, yes (useless power demonstration), no (what did EU and USA do so far? almost nothing).

Probably you will find my opinion extremely stupid and narrow-focused, but as long as the real conflict stays within the borders of Ukraine, I don't really care.

BonzaiJoe

What do you think about Crimea?

Big governance problem for the world and display of weakness from the West

It should be back russian?

Maybe in the long run, if that's what the people there want, but not in this way. If parts of countries can secede in this way from a country where they have equal democratic representation, it's going to be chaos. It has to be done in agreement with the national government. Countries like Russia can easily send Russians to live in interesting areas and vote for joining Russia.

It should stay ucranian?

Yes.

Is legal the new ucranian government?

Sadly no. It's got no mandate and it's unconstitutional. But of course you can't expect anything else days after a revolution.

Is Putin going too far?

Yes. What he's doing is in violation of UN conventions.

Is EU + USA going too far?

Not right now, but USA pushed the cart too far during the fall of Yanukovich. They've been supporting anti-Russian movements in Kiev for years, and they even took part in appointing the new cabinet. They must have figured out that there would be some kind of reaction from Russia, but maybe they didn't see this coming
But we can't be quite sure.

alanrotoi

I think more or less like you BJ.

USA + EU vs Russia buying governments and the people suffering in the middle of the battle.

CTG

2 days left to the re-election of the gipsy dwarf & co.

CTG

zaqrack

I am not sure but I will be one of the first ones to vote in the world. around 3am Budapest time :)

CTG

I still don't know what to do...

50% - leaving out the whole bullshit
30% - voting for the left wing alliance
20% - voting for Jobbik

alanrotoi

BöllérJani

CTG

Quote from: BöllérJani on April 06, 2014, 08:35:53 AM
What happened to Torgyán?

1, Lost credibility between 1998 and 2002.
2, Became a media whore in the early 00s.
3, He's old (81) and maybe senile, too.

Usrin

Quote from: CTG on April 05, 2014, 03:50:28 PM
Ultimate predictions?

Fidesz 40%, left-wing 29%, Jobbik 21%, LMP 6%, rest 4%.
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.