News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

SDR - 2007 Season: New Features!

Started by Mark L. Rivers, January 09, 2007, 09:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark L. Rivers

Hi all!

After a pause of 2 months, the 1st February 2007 SDR re-open the doors to all Stunts drivers!  :)
As 2006 season, SDR will admit two official and distinct championships:

RH contest, that is: racing with Replay Handling, sending a replay of the race

NORH contest, that is: racing without Replay Handling, sending a video of the race (availing DOSBOX 0.65 features).

Rules Page will contain soon all informations to know how you can participate at your favourite contest.
Anyway, some new features characterize new season, impacting appreciably on trend of every race respect last season:

1) Finish date

All races will finish last Sunday of the month at 14:00:00 (GMT+1)
About Start date, as last season all races will start the 1st day of every month at 00:00:01 (GMT+1), except for R8 which will start the 2nd day of September 2007.

2) Race Points

Scoring has been reviewed. These are Race Points which will be assigned from 1st place to 10th place: 15 - 12 - 10 - 8 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1.

3) Bonus Points (Checkpoints)

Leading Time Bonus has been eliminated, but it will be possible to get Bonus Points leading the race in correspondence of specific checkpoints during the month, as indicated below.

In every race, 14:00:00 (GMT+1) of every Sunday will constitute a checkpoint. Excluding first Sunday of April, July and September (days where races will start) and excluding obviously last Sunday of every month (day where all races finish) this means there will be 3 checkpoints for every race.

In correspondence of 1st checkpoint, it will be assigned 1 bonus point for current leader

In correspondence of 2nd checkpoint, it will be assigned 1 bonus point for current leader. If current leader will be the same of 1st checkpoint he will get another bonus point only if his time at 2nd checkpoint is at least 3% lower than his time at 1st checkpoint (*).

In correspondence of 3rd checkpoint, it will be assigned 1 bonus point for current leader. If current leader will be the same of 2nd checkpoint it will be assigned bonus point only if his time at 3rd checkpoint is at least 3% lower than his time at 2nd checkpoint.

* For example: A driver is resulted first at 1st checkpoint with 1'10"85 and so he has got one bonus point. If he results first again at 2nd checkpoint, he gets another bonus points only if he has sent after 1st checkpoint a new replay lower than 1'08"72 (3% of 1'10"85 = 0'02"12), that is 1'08"70 or lower.

To identify the specific points of the track where drivers will have to pass to make a valid race, it will be modified the 3rd rule of General Rules, substituting the term ?checkpoints? with the term ?intermediates?. This should avoid all possible misunderstandings about new Bonus Points system.

4) Scoreboard update

Update of scoreboards will be weekly, just after every checkpoint (or the next day). This means every driver won't know the results of the opponents before every checkpoint and this vales for contest manager too. In fact, he will check all replays (with RPLINFO) and all videos just after every checkpoint.

OK, that?s all for the moment!  :)
Very soon SDR site will be temporarily unavailable. Beside to adapt pages at new rules, a light restyling will be applied to permit a faster and easier navigation.
And sure, ISM site will remain obviously available?  ;)

CTG

Great new stuff! I'm afraid I can't be so active as in the last season, because I started to work. But you can always count me as a strong hobby pipsqueak. :)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers

Leading Time Bonus has been eliminated, but it will be possible to get Bonus Points leading the race in correspondence of specific checkpoints during the month, as indicated below.

In every race, 14:00:00 (GMT+1) of every Sunday will constitute a checkpoint. Excluding first Sunday of April, July and September (days where races will start) and excluding obviously last Sunday of every month (day where all races finish) this means there will be 3 checkpoints for every race.

In correspondence of 1st checkpoint, it will be assigned 1 bonus point for current leader

In correspondence of 2nd checkpoint, it will be assigned 1 bonus point for current leader. If current leader will be the same of 1st checkpoint he will get another bonus point only if his time at 2nd checkpoint is at least 3% lower than his time at 1st checkpoint (*).

In correspondence of 3rd checkpoint, it will be assigned 1 bonus point for current leader. If current leader will be the same of 2nd checkpoint it will be assigned bonus point only if his time at 3rd checkpoint is at least 3% lower than his time at 2nd checkpoint.

* For example: A driver is resulted first at 1st checkpoint with 1'10"85 and so he has got one bonus point. If he results first again at 2nd checkpoint, he gets another bonus points only if he has sent after 1st checkpoint a new replay lower than 1'08"72 (3% of 1'10"85 = 0'02"12), that is 1'08"70 or lower.

To identify the specific points of the track where drivers will have to pass to make a valid race, it will be modified the 3rd rule of General Rules, substituting the term ?checkpoints? with the term ?intermediates?. This should avoid all possible misunderstandings about new Bonus Points system.
Mmmm...
Lemme think...

This is made to avoid a "killing time" at the beginning of the month that will get all the (previous) leading time bonus and that could make other pipsqueaks disappointed and less motivated (just like Gutix time for Z70 did), right ?

Racing blind until the "intermediate" will make a cruel dilemma for pipsqueaks : send their best to get bonus at 1st intermediate but maybe be unable to improve more and get bonus at 2nd intermediate... Or do their best, then calculate what could be 3% less time and then decrease speed to reach this 3% level (CTG already thought of that for sure). But with the risk to be overtaken.

Nice way to motivate to race during all the month anyway. We'll see how it will work soon on pipsqueaks' activity.

Krys TOFF

One last thing : keep 2006 scoreboards and points available at an "archive" section.

CTG

Or I will make an SDR archive XLS table (and USC,ZSC, WRC, IMSA Cup and all the contests still with available results). Just to have a united table.

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Krys TOFF on January 10, 2007, 10:02:55 AM
Quote from: Mark L. Rivers

Mmmm...
Lemme think...

This is made to avoid a "killing time" at the beginning of the month that will get all the (previous) leading time bonus and that could make other pipsqueaks disappointed and less motivated (just like Gutix time for Z70 did), right ?

Racing blind until the "intermediate" will make a cruel dilemma for pipsqueaks : send their best to get bonus at 1st intermediate but maybe be unable to improve more and get bonus at 2nd intermediate... Or do their best, then calculate what could be 3% less time and then decrease speed to reach this 3% level (CTG already thought of that for sure). But with the risk to be overtaken.

Nice way to motivate to race during all the month anyway. We'll see how it will work soon on pipsqueaks' activity.

Well, new Bonus points system is born trying to match 1) a way to motivate to race during all the month (you have individuated all my reasoning while I elaborated the new formule ;) ) and 2) to succeed to manage SDR even in 2007.
This year I won't be able to dedicate the same time spent in 2006, and this new way to race will permit me to continue my adventure as a Stunts contest administrator managing a championship which anyway should result attractive...   :)

Quote from: Krys TOFF on January 10, 2007, 10:05:14 AM
One last thing : keep 2006 scoreboards and points available at an "archive" section.

Archive Page has been realized yet some days ago...  ;)

Mark L. Rivers

SDR - 2007 Season is starting!

Three days to the start!

A light restyling has been applyed on SDR site. These are some of the new features:

- Frame page system has been introduced and this should permit a faster navigation.
- Animated icons have been eliminated from "Welcome Page" to make more space for results and latest news about current RH and NORH races.
- New "Archive Page" permits to access easily to all past results, analysis, map, track and replays of every race.
- A unique "Rules Page" includes now all SDR rules.
- "Comments Page" has been eliminated. Anyone can express his comments (not offensive towards anyone, please) about tracks and races directly by the forum.

I hope all could result functionally to consult desired info!  :)
Please tell me if you find bugs, thanks!

Mark L. Rivers

SDR Bonus-Points rule changes!

SDR Checkpoint bonus-points system will change beginning from R3. Here the new rule:

1st CHECKPOINT

Leader:
1,0 bonus point

Second:
0,5 bonus point

2nd CHECKPOINT

Leader:
1,0 bonus point if he wasn't leading at 1st checkpoint
2,0 bonus point if he was leading at 1st checkpoint too (new time must be 3% lower than previous)

Second:
0,5 bonus point (if he had sent yet previously a time, new time must be 3% lower than previous)

3rd CHECKPOINT

Leader:
1,0 bonus point if he wasn't leading at 2nd checkpoint
2,0 bonus point if he was leading at 2nd checkpoint too (new time must be 3% lower than previous)
3,0 bonus point if he was leading at 2nd and 1st checkpoint too (with times 3% lower than previous)

Second:
0,5 bonus point (if he had sent yet previously a time, new time must be 3% lower than previous)

New Bonus-Points rule should permit to see a more research of strategy to gain more points as possible and, rewarding  2nd place too, an high engagement by the drivers since 1st checkpoint.

Krys TOFF

Chulk

Quote from: Krys TOFF on March 27, 2007, 07:56:48 PM
Good rule. ;)
I agree. This new rule will boost the fight for leading time.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Krys TOFF on March 27, 2007, 07:56:48 PM
Good rule. ;)

Thanks!  ;)

Quote from: Chulk on March 28, 2007, 12:02:23 AM
I agree. This new rule will boost the fight for leading time.

Yes, I hope. It seems Stunts racing world needs it in this period...

Krys TOFF

You're right, community is really calm these days... Like scoreboards.

CTG

Quote from: Krys TOFF on March 28, 2007, 11:26:57 AM

Because you have no time on Ajka. :P

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTG on March 28, 2007, 09:52:45 PM

YEs, I raced Hutrod (WSC's track) instead, as deadline was 28th of March. ;)

Paleke

Quote from: Krys TOFF on March 29, 2007, 05:06:16 PM
Quote from: CTG on March 28, 2007, 09:52:45 PM

YEs, I raced Hutrod (WSC's track) instead, as deadline was 28th of March. ;)

I think you are a little confused, HUTSPOT was the name of the track, and HOTROD was your track that we raced last year, remember?  ;D
I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid...and I went ahead anyway.