News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

RH-R3/2007 - "GEOMETRY?

Started by Mark L. Rivers, March 28, 2007, 09:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark L. Rivers

Here it is the first Indy track of the season, fully dedicate to RH driver!  :)  An engaging beginning, then 20" of PowerGear with a really strange way to choose  :o   and a final for sensible fingers... 8) all in around 70"!
The track is characterized from some tracts never seen before (I think, but correct me if I?m wrong  ;)), above all a strange way (very far from conventional track!) which drivers will have to choose to make a very good performance. I think this race should be involving and above all drivers should enjoy thanks to a funny PowerGear and some unusual shortcuts. Anyway the winner will have to show a great ability to individuate the right angle to choose so to draw the right trajectory availing all shortcuts that track offers? An affair for able geometers? What did you study?  ;)
OK, only few hours to start! Remember new bonus points rules and try to gain more you can!  :)

Chulk

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on March 28, 2007, 09:57:55 PM
An affair for able geometers?
Looks like CTG will win again (Check Pi topic) ;D ;D
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Chulk on March 29, 2007, 05:48:32 PM
Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on March 28, 2007, 09:57:55 PM
An affair for able geometers?
Looks like CTG will win again (Check Pi topic) ;D ;D

Well... really I don't know what did he study or what he's studying... But if geometry is part of his studies, sure he's advantaged!  ;)

Krys TOFF

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Krys TOFF on March 29, 2007, 11:10:01 PM
CTG studies chemistry.

Maybe it hasn't much relation with geometry.... But I think he can reach however a good result...  ;)
Anyway chemistry was one of the subject I appreciated very much at school... But, even if I still think it's a fascinating subject, I forgot almost all... I talk about 22 years ago...  ::)

Krys TOFF

And what are YOU doing now Mark ? Which job ?

Chulk

I study economics so geometry is not something I use a lot. At least not that way
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Krys TOFF on March 30, 2007, 12:57:50 PM
And what are YOU doing now Mark ? Which job ?

I'm work in a informatic center. I coordinate a customer remote servicing group.

CTG

It will start only tomorrow... What a shame, I'm in Stunts racing mood in this moment.

Mark L. Rivers

1st Checkpoint!

Fantastic race by AbuRaf70 in 1st week: three times with a great 1'03"15!!  :)   The argentinian driver seems really motivated on this track, finding very soon the right feeling to reach a very low time: a big and pleasent surprise for all the Stunts circus!  :) :)   AbuRaf70 drove very fast and now he leads with over 3" ahead me (bad strategies for current championship leader...?   ???). But the 3rd in classification deserves a special mention too: welcome by SDR to Sergio Baro at his first race in this contest!  :) :)  I'm sure happy for the outset of the argentinian driver, and I hope to have further news from him in this race and in next races! No news by other drivers...  ::)   Did they wait to see first times before racing? Let's see at next CP! Meanwhile, 1 bonus point for AbuRaf70 and 0,5 bonus point for me... Who will be able to catch next ones...?

Mark L. Rivers

He's really without brakes and he's seriously intentioned to make a great race: AbuRaf70 still leads at 2nd checkpoint smashing (unique driver) the minute barrier!!  :) :) :) Great progression by the determinate argentinian driver who lowers over 3% his previous time conquering so other 2 bonus points: 18 points is the provisional score for him!  :)  (By the way, see new column "Improvement Percentage" in Checkpoints Standings  ;)). Behind him, thin challenge for Chulk (outset in this race) and me to catch 0,5 bonus point for the 2nd with the argentinian who succeeds to catch them for only 0"20. Really a bad strategy in this race for me.  :'(  Surprising and very consistent Sergio Baro: great improvement for him and 1'03"80, just 1"60 more than provisional 2nd place!  :)  And finally, another outset in this week: Paleke put his wheels on the track realizing a patrol lap, very far from others. Other 7 days and a new checkpoint: who will be able to catch last bonus points at stake?  8)

CTG

AbuRaf's time is really impressive. Due to the lack of my powergear knowledge, I can't go under 1 minute.

Mark L. Rivers

AbuRaf70 is surprising more and more: he reaches a thunderous 57?65 keeping the 1st place!!!  :o :o :o  Moreover, lowering over 3% his previous time, he gets other 3 bonus points making a fantastic en-plein: 6 bonus points got, the maximum possible, 6 points which will permit him a very high score whatever final result will be!  :)  But the tenacious argentinian driver is really intentioned to stay very high in classification until the end! This race could reserve him the first podium in SDR, and (why not?  8)) his first victory in a official race! Who can beat him?  ???  Three names until here the more accreditee: me (gap 0?10), Chulk (1?30) and SuperBrian (1?75) who irrupts at the 4st place (a very good outset!  :)). The doors are open to all results, even because ?Geometry? has a final that reserves to all drivers many surprises, much more than the designer had thought when he built the track!   ::)  And thinking that we could see the outsets of CTG, Krys TOFF and Zak McKracken? well? who won?t discover how the race will finish next Sunday?  ;)

CTG

Okay, I had 58.10 when saying unable to reach 1:00... ;D

Krys TOFF

Holidays are over, my parents-in-law are back to their house, so I should have time to race this week... Finally !